Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cant download on new computer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2010
Hi can anyone help I have just brought a new computer with windows 7 an i cant seem to be able to download the installer everytime a message comes up about windows vista? Im not sure where to go from here

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
What is the exact error message?

If you have another installation of Wizard 101, you can zip/copy it over to the new computer, create a shortcut on the desktop and you should be good to go. This will save you from downloading and installing again.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RedWildfire wrote:
Hi can anyone help I have just brought a new computer with windows 7 an i cant seem to be able to download the installer everytime a message comes up about windows vista? Im not sure where to go from here

I know there have been some problems with windows 7 but also with explorer 9.

You should send this issue to support and see if they can help you get it resolved.

If you do have explorer 9, you might check with Jester at wizard 101 central. I believe I saw a notice that said he might have a way around the problem

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
RedWildfire wrote:

I know there have been some problems with windows 7 but also with explorer 9.

You should send this issue to support and see if they can help you get it resolved.

If you do have explorer 9, you might check with Jester at wizard 101 central. I believe I saw a notice that said he might have a way around the problem

If you have any internet {besides 7 or 9} then go to the wizard101 home pg.
Log in. click play. you will then find 2 columbs. One sais New player {I think} and the other sais continuing player { Ithink}. Click on new player. You will not have to make a new charecter but it will Download W101. Think of it as playing W101 from the bigining without really playing from the beggining. Its like restarting W101 without resarting your acount.

lvl 45 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
Hope this helped