Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Back-handed grip

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
I was thinking that we should be able to hold our swords/wands with the end facing backwards, since some people like me, like to hold our swords/wands backwards (i.e. having the blade part of the sword facing backward, same for wands).

In my head, this idea is more accociated with swords, but I think it could work for regular wands as well. I dont think it could work for staves though, as it would be weird to hold a staff backwards (unless it's a staff like the tridents or something).

Hope you like my idea.

If you have any additional comments, then please, feel free to post them below.

Thank you for your time.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
well even with swords you will still face them forward in battle. so what I think you're looking for is a way to not always have it in battle stance.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I dont understand what you mean if you could explain it to me in better detail, id probably understand better ty!

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I lol'd when I read this thread...

Why? Why? Who cares?

I believe there should be a feature that let's you tug in your robe, lol... But I don't see this feature being implemented anytime soon.

You want KI to add this feature with hours of programming, so a few (being generous here) similarly mind people can simply feel cool cause now they resemble some fighter in Hercules/Xena?

If this gets implemented then I want a feature that let me wear my hat backwards because I have seen people done that with baseball caps... In fact, there should be a setting where I can adjust how low I want to wear my pants... ROFL

I am sure "how a sword is held" is the least concerning thing in everyone's mind when it comes to new ideas to implement.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
...lol

I see what he's saying, I do. It's a common special ops stance when in a close-quarter combat stance. By having the blade face downwards (would only look good with swords btw, not wands or staffs): when you put your right fist in front of you, your knuckles are facing upwards, while the blade is to the right, the hilt to the left. Objective is to slash quickly and efficiently, so not useful with piercing-only weapons.

That's it. Now should it be implemented? Nooooooooooooooo. Sorry dude, but way too much work for an item manipulation that would probably hardly ever be used.

Now. About the wanting to change how you wear your hat? Man. I can't even say much of anything bad about that. Imagine the one hat style with a feather in it.....if it could be tilted a bit off to the side and lowered just a touch. Wheeeeewwwww....stylin'. >.> A feature like that would be pretty cool, but again, not as widely used so blunt point: a waste of time.

What we COULD have: a better character customization, implemented over the years, to make our characters more unique (when you first creating your character, that is). Because as-is, everyone can look like everyone.