Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Impossible Balance Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I have a balance wizard almost lv 30 and i got the quest to get a new spell. ( i think judgement) I have to beat a boss with 1900 hp and his minion 1300 hp.
I couldn't beat it so i got 2 friends to help. It didn't let them go in the place with me. Can someone give me tips or strategies. My name is Evan Silverheart.

Delver
May 26, 2009
I heard that you don't need to fight the boss to complete the quest. You just need the crate behind him. Try carefully moving around the boss and getting the crate, without being pulled into a fight.

Defender
May 24, 2009
you can just walk around the guys that works unless they fixed it josephwyrmbane 60 myth joseph duskspear 60death

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
iheartcheesypie wrote:
I heard that you don't need to fight the boss to complete the quest. You just need the crate behind him. Try carefully moving around the boss and getting the crate, without being pulled into a fight.
Thank you for the info

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
griffin104 wrote:
I have a balance wizard almost lv 30 and i got the quest to get a new spell. ( i think judgement) I have to beat a boss with 1900 hp and his minion 1300 hp.
I couldn't beat it so i got 2 friends to help. It didn't let them go in the place with me. Can someone give me tips or strategies. My name is Evan Silverheart.

Yes, it's Judgement. I didn't know that the first time I was there and just beat them. It was a tough battle and I was alone with my helpful Mander, but I pulled through, at level 29. The other one is not a minion, it's a boss if you check its labelling, so you are practically fighting 2 bosses at the same time.

Of course you can sneak your way through to get the book, but it's better to fight them, IMO. It's a testimony of whether your equipment and deck is appropriate for Marleybone.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
hey, i had to defeat 2 storm bosses with 2000 health, the other with 1000 at level 28 JUST for a minion, though the minions nice, knows sprite and got me out of a few situations.

as for stragegys, have a few reshuffles and weaknesses, roll up your sleeves, and maybe get some popcorn, because this will be a long battle.

your balance, do what you do best. annoy them by removing all their blades and screw their strategy.

wait, that's myth.....

------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it wasnt me--probably

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Heres what i did not sure if its been made to where you cant do it anymore more but try this. When you first go in dont move any farther. Set a marker. Then go into battle, focus on the minion. Make sure to try and kill the minion first. That way if you die you can port right back in and fight the boss alone. ( The minion should still be dead) If you do die dont forget to heal i say this because i have forgoten to heal. And ported in and jumped right in it messed everything up lol :-D Anyway I hope this works for you. Oh yea make sure you put all your healing cards in that might help too.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The boss is Life-based and uses Life, Death, and Myth spells, plus Sunbird, and Fire Elf. The minion uses Myth magic. Your Spirit Shield will half the damage from most of those.

If you trained Death to Feint, this battle will be a good bit easier. The following assumes that you don't have Death trained to Feint.

There's no time to fool around with Sandstorm, and Locust Storm can't be enhanced enough to do the needed damage. You'll be going with Spectral Blast.

Go to the Library and buy four Elemental Blade cards. Those go in your sideboard.

Stock your deck with Spirit Shield, Balanceblade, Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, Hex, and Spectral Blast, plus Helping Hands and Pixie.

The general plan is to keep a Spirit Shield set on yourself whenever possible. Don't worry about Weakness being cast on you. It will be too much bother to keep knocking them off.

Go for the minion first. Use Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, a treasure card Elemental Blade from your sideboard, Balanceblade and Hex, in whatever order they appear. Meanwhile, heal yourself when needed. That will put a multiplier of 4.0 (3.9926) on your Spectral Blast. If there's no Weakness on you, any of the elements will defeat the minion. If Weakness is cast on you, then Storm or Fire will still defeat the minion, but Ice will leave it with about 130 points.

Now it's time to deal with McTavish (the boss). Use the same setup, except that in any case, you're going to need two Spectral Blast to take the boss out.