Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Gear Issue...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
KI, ever wonder how you can get more people to buy Crown Gear?

Simple, make them not "suck"...

Crown Gear needs to be better than Drop Gear / Crafted Gear or else it's totally pointless.

Crown Gear also need to reach a greater population... Imagine a Robe with Centaur as a card... How often would a Storm Wizard actually use that Centaur? It's off-school and it deals less damage then Storm's normal spells... Thus a Storm Wizard might not feel so inclined to buy the Gear Even If the rest of the stats on the set looks good.

A quick fix is to simply let Crown Gear give "generic" useful spells. Dual/Tri Shields, Tower Shields, Balance Blade/Hex/Curse/Bladestorm/Feint, Faerie/Pixie/Satyr/Spirit Shield. Anything that is "useful" to just about anyone...

A good way to find out what cards people need is to visit Wizard101central.com's Treasure Card Trading Forum. The cards I mentioned are constantly traded because they are needed for Combat. The trading forum doesn't reflect 100% the usefulness of a card to its popularity because people also buy cards for Crafting purposes (rather than for use in combat). If you count only the cards people buy for Combat (Boss Fight or PvP), then you will see what cards are attractive on a Crown Gear --- Namely, the cards I mentioned.

Here's a sample list:

--- Attack Boosts:
Balance Blade
School Blades
Bladestorm
Hex
Curse
Feint
Elemental Blade
Elemental Trap
School Traps
Dragon Blade
Amplify
Vengeance

--- Defense Boosts:
* Dual-Shields
Tri-Shields
Tower Shield
Spirit Shield
Fortify

--- Heals
Helping Hand
Pixie
Faerie
Satyr
Regeneration
Rebirth

--- Minions
Any Minions will work

* Dual-Shields makes the list because it's a lot more useful than Single Shields... Single School Shields will be a lot less attractive on Crown Gear.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
There are already many crown items that have the cards you mention. I believe all the healing catagory you listed is on crown gear beyond rebirth (available for all). There are also crown items with boosting traps.

The low end crown items have easy to cast spells from other schools (my favorite is the crown coat that gave Humongofrog at level 15) at a time when pips are more common than power pips.

It is the level 45+ where the crown items usually don't fit into a player's ideal. mainly by then the player fills in weaknesses, etc.

I am currently playing a character in CL who is wearing level 35 crown clothing and doing fine.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
That's exactly the problem, the level 45+ from crown shop... It gives Judgement/Centaur/Sandstorm and Meteor/Triton/Blizzard... I rather use the level 5 crown boots with Hex then the 45 level ones.

The higher the level, the most "useless" these multiple pips off-school spells become...

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Yingu wrote:
That's exactly the problem, the level 45+ from crown shop... It gives Judgement/Centaur/Sandstorm and Meteor/Triton/Blizzard... I rather use the level 5 crown boots with Hex then the 45 level ones.

The higher the level, the most "useless" these multiple pips off-school spells become...

I don't know, my ice, currently wearing level 35 crown gear, uses the triton a lot, and the wraith a few times...as sometimes it is more useful than the ice spells I have (and when I was in MS having the six-pip spells at level 35 was awesome, not as good as the stat adds, but very nice).