Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI consider seperate pve from pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 15, 2009
There have been quite a few posts concerning pvp and spells and things that do not fit their pvpness although nothing is/was wrong with those same spells in pve game.
It has to be hard to try to balance two games in one so why not separate them?
I mean take pvp out of wizard 101 and put it on another site like for example wizard101 arenas or wizard 102 or something.
Sure keep the houses with practice pvp circles and use the pve game rules but when people log into wizard101 arenas then they can have spells and classes and whatever that suites their needs and not have pve be at the mercy of whatever does or doesnt work for pvp.
It would or should be based on current pvp system but with spells, and all the stuff that applies to only that.
Charge extra or even have a combined discount for both world.
But as it stands its hard to appreciate a once really cool game with redundant changes for the pvp that lessens the pve experience.
Doing so should improve game mechanics and alleviate the issues both sides have that are basically compatibility issues of each other. And would probably stress the programmers less because then they can easily identify and code for each target market rather than stress to find a balance that would probably never exist as long as vs people is a whole lot different than vs AI.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Whoa, whoa, whoa. somebody does not even KNOW how awesome PvP is. now before you dry to defend your statement more, let me make a point.

First off, Wizard101 PvP should not be moved to a different site or a new version of the game. People dont wanna have to visit someone's house to do a PvP match themselves. Besides, why would somebody go onto a DIFFERENT site just to do PvP?

Second off, PvP is no different from PvE. you STILL get to use your spells that you love to use. Sure, there have been strategies in PvP that take people to the top of the boards, BUT the strategies are also used in PvE.

Finally, your other words make no sense. i mean the mods are gonna get MORE stress checking TWO game zones instead of ONE. PvP also doesn't mess with PvE in technically any way. also note that the new site would have LOTS of lag ( i mean lots) along with the fact that people can have bad modems. also note that this creates a little TOO much work.

All in All, No. Sorry if this insulted you.

Daniel Wildhunter, Master of Fire

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
its a matter of game play and it is different because pvp complains more about spells of the game while pve is affected by the changes its made like storm/frost lord stuns. Chain stunning which was not tolerated in pvp is a blessing in pve yet pvp won out. And that is just an example.

Whether pvp is awesome is a matter of opinion. I think it soaks and i delete anyone off my freind list for even asking and put people on ignore if they even mention it because i am as tired of being asked to pvp as i am with people freinding me just to request to by them a crown something, i mean how lame is that? either one?

And i am not insulted, actually, I respect peoples need to pvp no matter how lame it is (my opinion of it because malistares chicken crate drops are much better than pvp drops, and xp in grizzle is a hundred percent better than xp in pvp, and reagents from gardening is better than reagents you get from pvp) and it wasnt a message to start a flame war or something. It was a suggestion that given the massive amount of pvp (eh, complainers, um people who want the spells to work their way in pvp,... sry not trying to offend anyone just trying to suggest a solution...possibly) on the message boards lately that they would be better served if there were another site like a wizard101 arena and that way their being catered to wont cause rifts with the pve-ers that domt mind chain stunning or being chain stunned. I mean look at the ones that can stun in celestia if they could chain stun would really un-nerf a lot of bosses not to meantion the other stunners in celestia. for example.

But then it seems that wizard101 may actually be pvpcentric (idk) and the pve is a sideline to keep people happy between pvp fights. and if thats the case then I guess i chose the wrong online game:(

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:

But then it seems that wizard101 may actually be pvpcentric (idk) and the pve is a sideline to keep people happy between pvp fights. and if thats the case then I guess i chose the wrong online game:(

It's not.
I don't like PvP that much either but it isn't that much of a problem. I mean, now with pet training and gardening there's something to intrest everyone. Besides, PvE IS the main part of the game. If it wasn't KI wouldn't be wasting energy making new worlds.
I really hate chain stunning, but it's impossible now so I really have no problem with PvP being on the same site. BUT I don't think it's awesome, either.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
PvP and PvE ARE two different games and should be separated. Sorry.

It does NOT require a new site. Everything can, and should, remain the same and transparent. There would not be any "lag" problems introduced by this change. But the software used SHOULD be separate, and if that makes maintaining it more expensive ... so be it. I would much rather see TWO teams of programmers working in a dedicated manner to BOTH of my pastimes, than having to wait for anticipated improvements until "conflicts" between the TWO areas is "resolved" so that ONE, COMBINED area, runs smoothly. Besides, adding 5 million subscribers in the last 5 months should have generated enough money to create separate programming staffs.

LOL. A little competition BETWEEN them would benefit ALL of us ... XD.

Saying PvP does not "technically" change PvE is flat out wrong.

Sorry. No offense intended.

Changes have been made to stunning, blades, traps, healing, shields, spell strength and just about every other aspect of the game to "balance or make more 'fair' PvP" and these actions HAVE impacted the people who are NOT interested in PvP and do not appreciate the "need" for the changes.

There are spells costing training points that are NOT "useful" in BOTH games and for THAT reason alone I support separating them. It allows me to tailor my wizards to the game being played, not having to "settle" for compromise because I have to "budget" training points.

Play both. Enjoy both. Want both. Don't want to "see" any changes to what I have to do to play the game.

But, the "magic" system that keeps pve challenging and the storyline compelling is NOT the same magic "system" that keeps pvp "fair".

Divide and Conquer.