Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for Moolinda Wu

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I noticed that on all the comics, the life character is always a girl. I also see more girls that are life than boys. A few people say life is a girl school. Is life a girl school, Professor Wu?

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
littlemole8 wrote:
I noticed that on all the comics, the life character is always a girl. I also see more girls that are life than boys. A few people say life is a girl school. Is life a girl school, Professor Wu?
well maybe it's like real life like the life school is a cheer squad lots of girls want to be cheerleaders but you might see a few boys in it to maybe it's like that i also see a lot of girls in ice more than boys

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Well, I'm not the Professor... but, I know there are a lot of wizards that are Life School wizards out there. Boy wizards... Girl wizards... The Life school isn't a "Girl Wizard" school. The Life school just requires a lot of patience... and, maybe "Girl" Wizards just have more patience...
so, that's maybe why you see more of them. I see a lot of both types.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I am no Moolinda Wu, but I will try to answer this.

Life is all about healing, gentleness, and kindness. In my opinion, it is an excellent school of choice. I am not a Theurgest, but I do know that life has powerful spells, both for healing and damage.

I will quote this from W101's "Life Magic" page:

Life Magic rests between Fire and Storms, for the spark of Life comes from those two forces.

Whoever thinks that Life is girly should read the Life Magic page.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
ugh this is one of those cases when people say that only girls make freindship braclets and play with stuffed animals and they cant play stuff like football or basketball. well i play soccer and i also swim butterfly competetevly. and i am a girl. it can be vice versa for boys to. boys can be life. sevral of my freinds who are BOYS are in the life school. oh and i dont think that this is as bad but alot of times i see people saying death is boys only. though i dont see it as much as this

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Ah, this is a tricky question.

But overall, you are more likely to see a female Theurgist than a male - just as you are generally more likely to see a male Pyromancer or Diviner than a female one (please note that male Theurgists and Female Pyromancers/Diviners DO exist - they are just not as common as their distaff counterpart).

Maybe it stems from the fact that our society still largely adheres to the "Female is the healer, male is the warrior" concept - just look at many fantasy cartoons, comics and movies. So, naturally, we, who have been affected by said influences, follow the same concept.

Of course, it largely comes down to personality and how people take on using their schools. Most people, male AND female, just go for "whatever does the most damage" and tends to ignore the slower-killing Theurgist that is a complete and utter pain to kill because they keep healing right back up.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Not at all, it doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl, life is a good school and can't really be killed unless one hit killed. Great for group play too. Even though I am not moolinda and I domt work for KI I believe that this game is for all people, that goes for the schools too. Saying life is a girl school is like saying death, storm, or fire are boy schools, completely wrong.

Amber Stormsong level 49 storm
Amber Sandrunner level 31 balance
Amber Soulhunter level 24 death
Amber Hexblood level 19 ice
Amber Emerakdspear level 12 life
Amber Drake level 9 fire

PS. I thought people were over this kind of thing

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
by the way if you think that life is weak so it is a nobody school if you are life with a secondary of storm then you are like, the perfect wiz. it is true vice versa to

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I am not moolinda wu but i would like to answer this.
i myself am a level 60 life wizard (boy) i dont think that life is a girl school at all and i have my life friend boys than girls. life is a school of healing lower attacks health and teamwork. i have tried to do a storm (not hatein on the storm people or anything) but it was very annyoing to keep fizzling thats one reason i love life to because of it accuracy. i am life, death wizard life with the move feint is unstopabble life is not a girly school i would say its one of the stronger schools just because they heal doesnt mean were girls

Sincerly:
Steven blueweaver life lvl 60