Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I swear some people are just lucky

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
So my main char is a pyromancer, been playing this game before the pet pavillion came out and I took a lot of interest in it when it did come out. Hatching, yes that's had some problems over the life of the game but by the time I had my helephant the amount for hatching was only 40,000 some gold. I wanted a mix really badly so I hatched with a pet, got a helephant. No big deal I just got more gold and did it again the next day, So I kept doing this for about a month until I had about 20 helephants, at that point I just gave up. Who wouldn't? So a few months ago my friend started playing wizards and she made it to grandmaster conjurer after about two months (she didn't solo the game) So she got her orthrus and she wasn't real sure about what hatching was so she wanted to hatch with me. We hatched, and I got my first hybrid!! It was a war oni, and I was really happy. So I asked my friend what she got and she said she got a chimerical egg that would hatch in 21 hours, that's a hybrid, turned out it was inferno hound. She hatched with different people over the next few weeks and EVERY SINGLE TIME she got a HYBRID! So now she has ice hound, inferno hound, jade hound, grimtooth, tempset hound, Cerberus, Traveler, Mythzilla, War oni, and a few more. You've got to be kidding! And it's not just her, my other friend began playing to, first hatch a reaper and it just kept going So yeah now I'm still sitting here with my War Oni and my 20 some helephants :( Did KI change the rate of getting a hybrid for like newer players? Or am I just plain unlucky?

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
RedWolff wrote:
So my main char is a pyromancer, been playing this game before the pet pavillion came out and I took a lot of interest in it when it did come out. Hatching, yes that's had some problems over the life of the game but by the time I had my helephant the amount for hatching was only 40,000 some gold. I wanted a mix really badly so I hatched with a pet, got a helephant. No big deal I just got more gold and did it again the next day, So I kept doing this for about a month until I had about 20 helephants, at that point I just gave up. Who wouldn't? So a few months ago my friend started playing wizards and she made it to grandmaster conjurer after about two months (she didn't solo the game) So she got her orthrus and she wasn't real sure about what hatching was so she wanted to hatch with me. We hatched, and I got my first hybrid!! It was a war oni, and I was really happy. So I asked my friend what she got and she said she got a chimerical egg that would hatch in 21 hours, that's a hybrid, turned out it was inferno hound. She hatched with different people over the next few weeks and EVERY SINGLE TIME she got a HYBRID! So now she has ice hound, inferno hound, jade hound, grimtooth, tempset hound, Cerberus, Traveler, Mythzilla, War oni, and a few more. You've got to be kidding! And it's not just her, my other friend began playing to, first hatch a reaper and it just kept going So yeah now I'm still sitting here with my War Oni and my 20 some helephants :( Did KI change the rate of getting a hybrid for like newer players? Or am I just plain unlucky?

I dont know what to say. It realy depends on what pet you hatch your helephant with.

lvl 39 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
"With friends,
everything is possible"

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Actually, there's no luck involved in this case. If you have a Helephant and mix it with some lesser pet, you'll almost always end up with a helephant that is weaker than the original. When you mix school pets from different schools, you'll always end up with a hybrid. The only question is which pet will be the main parent for your hatchling. The main parent will determine which card your pet will come with when you mix school pets. For instance, using Wraith as the main parent and mixing it with Stormzilla will result in Tempest. It comes with a Wraith card, but no longer has a school restriction.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I only tried twice and no luck. Dont give up man!

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
I agree it is luck - like roll of the dice , same with any attributes when you train them

i , like most people, have too many ice colossus, satyrs, elephants,zillas, othrus running to greet me every time i go to one of the houses
but i think KI did make the odds of a mix a bit better, i FINALLY have hatched the ENTIRE colossus mixe pet group , took FOREVER to get the Sandman- with myth_actually i got it on both my accounts- i usually hatch between my accounts or just within an account now

but it took a long time to get some of them, other times it seems it was too easy , lol. My fire guy has most of the elephant mixes, but the fire girl has only managed one and she has been hatching longer!

i hatched between my accounts a stormwarden colossus with darkstone- death colossus- and manged a death colossus and a regular ice colossus

it is so cheap now compared to the begining of hatching - remember we paid 105 thousand gold? then to 44-45 thousand , now less than 35 thousand for a school pets hatch - other hatches vary
i won a sea dragon in Shperes in CL- have tried 7 times to get it to hatch to my other account or with a friend - NO LUCK- so we trying to win more lol

I have seen many healer jellyfish and sea dragond- none of mine have the spritely,
think of it as rolling a die, #1 mixed pet, #2-4 parent pet, #5 mixed pet, #6 parent pet; or think of those numbers representing a attribute or spell pet gets

IT'S FUN !! I have a BLAST doing the pets- what else would gold be spent for? (have more houses than i use, same with mounts) I LOVE to just watch them at the house soetims, i CRACK UP watching the funniest cartoon around LOL
NEXT on my try list to complete is th orthrus - for longest time i got no mix, now i have the jade,tempest, grimtooth hounds - but myth paying for garden stuff and crafts lately, so she needs more money

ok back to work

Kira of MANY LEGENDS now lol

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
you only get a hybrid if you mix school pets

destiny ravenmask lvl 36 storm
dakota ravenmask lvl 21 balance

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
amiramir321 wrote:
RedWolff wrote:

I dont know what to say. It realy depends on what pet you hatch your helephant with.

lvl 39 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
"With friends,
everything is possible"
it actually doesnt depend on the pet you hatch with it still unclear if its equal chances of getting a hybrid(your pets),your friends pets hybrid,your pet again , or your friends pet right now people think its this
15% for your own hybrid
15%for your friends hybrid
35% your own pet
35% for your friends pet