Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp MAJOR problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
while in a pvp match today i experienced a major problem

while collecting pips for efreet my screen froze but i could still move my mouse and go to the options page but i couldnt get cards or see what the other person was doing and he could see me and he was just being normal.

so i lost my rank in pvp and i couldnt even hit the guy because i couldnt see my cards or anything

can you plz tell me why this happened and i can already tell you that it wasnt internet problems , my connection was excellent

so plz tell me why or how this happened , Halston , i would really like to know

David Winterstone-legendary pyromancer

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
Before you submit a ticket, make sure that the email address associated with your Wizard101 account is valid and that you can check email at that address!

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)
NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information
The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
i've had that happen every now and then. your connection "hiccup'd" and you lost connection for like 2 seconds. besides trying to blindly hit the Flee button, theres nothing you can really do in a fight. if you aren't in a fight, best thing to do is hit the Home button on your keyboard, which will send you to your house/dorm and your screen should be fixed.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
I've had this happen a few times in PVE play. Like any program, glitches can occasionally occur. What worked for me was to close down the Wizard101 program itself, then immediately reopen it and log back on. If you're experiencing the same glitch that I have in the past, then this should put you right back where you were in the fight. Time will have passed as if you never left. Be quick about it, however, or you could get killed while you're restarting the program.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have had this happen. When not in a fight, i simply press [home] button or [end]. Home will take you to your house or dorm. End will take you to commons area of the world you are in.

When in a fight. Press ctrl+g. This will bring up a few of the interfaces. At least enough to see your cards. You will not be able to see the rings around your feet or your opponent, this includes the power pips. When the fight is over, you will be unable to move, so you will have to port to home or commons.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
When this happens to me, I used control-alt-delete to bring up task manager. I end the task (close Wizard 101), which shuts it down immediately and completely. Then, immediately, I started Wizard101 back up and log in as fast as possible. Usually it takes about a minute to get back into the fight and I only miss out on a round or two.

But, once I'm back in the game the fight is still going and I can proceed as normal.