Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutate spells not working!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
I keep trying to mutate card but it never works. do you actually have to know the spell as in trained it because I've been trying them on treasure and item cards ad its not working.

Delver
May 26, 2009
Mutate spells do not work on treasure or item cards. You need to train up to the spell you want to mutate if you want to use it in battle.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
taskforce876 wrote:
I've been trying them on treasure and item cards ad its not working.

There's your problem, right there. Mutate Spells won't work on Treasure or Item Cards.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Mutations do not work on Treasure cards. The target spell must be one that you have learned.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Community Leader
Yes, how mutates work is. Example I can make my own trained spell kraken into a fire kraken by adding the mutate card from my treasure cards.
This now makes this card a treasure card. If you do not use this card it will stay in your treasure cards until you do.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Go into Golem Tower. Have the mutate cards in your sideboard and the spell you want to mutate in your spell deck. Throw away a wand card, draw a mutate, use it on the deck card. Repeat until they're all made, defeat the enemy with a wand or minor spell, leave, repeat until you have whatever you need.