Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best spell and why?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
I am really curious about what people think is the best spell so I made this topic asking everyone. My question is what is the best spell and why. This is only opinions so don't go telling people there wrong.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
I think the best spell is probably Minotaur .
Yes i'm a Myth Wizard, and i totally love how Minotaur works.
If the enemy has a shield e.x. -80 Myth .
The first hit will use the shield, but then the Second hit will hurt the enemy.
:-)

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
taskforce876 wrote:
I am really curious about what people think is the best spell so I made this topic asking everyone. My question is what is the best spell and why. This is only opinions so don't go telling people there wrong.
well it matters if your talking about pvp or pve in pvp i say judgement or leviathan for 1v1 and for anything else probably like tempest or i don't know one of the other aoe rank 8 spells pve would probably be same if your storm no problem first do a tempest with probably 6-7 pips with maybe a blade or trap then if you are in a boss fight the boss obviously would survive couple of blades and traps and a leviathan could do at least 3000-4000 damage double that with a critical even better with a gargantuan on it now that is probably like a 10000-13000 damage hit possibly so i think the best spell is leviathan or tempest

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The best spell is the one that gives you what you need on that turn.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
best spells in the game are healing spells !!

best damage spell? the wand fire stuff. they don't fizzle !

theres like a million correct answers to your question.

Explorer
May 15, 2009
Depends on your style of play I guess. I'd say death minotaur, because I use him all the time. He's my go to spell, and before him I was using wraith and poison. Add in my attack percentage, and my critical hit rating, and I can do about 2800 damage without a buff. Consider the shield breaking ability, and you've got yourself one heck of a death spell. 5 pips for 65 and 600 damage, Um yea, Death Orthrus anyone.

All in all, I think the mutate spells were the best addition to the game so far. This can through off people in PvP where they think there gonna be facing the same old death wizard. Till I pull the ace from my sleeve. :)

The most important factor to consider with mutate spells is that they give your wizard wonderful damage, for a smaller amount of pips. That's all there is to it, and that's why I think mutate spells are the best in the game.

Same goes for other schools:

Life banshee, - 3 pips, 375 damage, and places a hex.

Dark sprite - 1 pip (O.O), 180 dmaage and shield breaker, plus places a trap.

Fire Kraken - 4 pips, 245+450 over 3 rounds. Perfect for fire almost topping at 700 hundred in damage, um, enough said.

Fire Wyvern - 4 pips, 95 + 600 over 3 rounds, Nice for breaking shields where Fire Kraken's initial hit would be absorbed.

Ice Swarm - 3 pips, 35 + 420 over 3 rounds, You show me an ice attack that does 455 total for only 3 pips. Giving you plenty of time to shield up.

Thunder Bird- 5 pips, 610 damage and +30% to next 3 spells. Um, Yea this is just epic.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
Deathblade+Wraith in 1v1
Vengeance+Deathblade+Scarecrow against more than one

Nuff' said.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
For me, the best spell for me would be the balance attack in which the three-headed dragon is in. It does a fire, storm, and ice attack and does serious damage. You get it when you're level 42. My guy is David Ashblood. Add me as a friend. I'm a balance student and at level 26. I'm usually in Krokotopia, Bazaar, Grizzleheim, or the Arena. You will see me in a crowded realm.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
XxMEGAxX wrote:
Depends on your style of play I guess. I'd say death minotaur, because I use him all the time. He's my go to spell, and before him I was using wraith and poison. Add in my attack percentage, and my critical hit rating, and I can do about 2800 damage without a buff. Consider the shield breaking ability, and you've got yourself one heck of a death spell. 5 pips for 65 and 600 damage, Um yea, Death Orthrus anyone.

All in all, I think the mutate spells were the best addition to the game so far. This can through off people in PvP where they think there gonna be facing the same old death wizard. Till I pull the ace from my sleeve. :)

The most important factor to consider with mutate spells is that they give your wizard wonderful damage, for a smaller amount of pips. That's all there is to it, and that's why I think mutate spells are the best in the game.

Same goes for other schools:

Life banshee, - 3 pips, 375 damage, and places a hex.

Dark sprite - 1 pip (O.O), 180 dmaage and shield breaker, plus places a trap.

Fire Kraken - 4 pips, 245+450 over 3 rounds. Perfect for fire almost topping at 700 hundred in damage, um, enough said.

Fire Wyvern - 4 pips, 95 + 600 over 3 rounds, Nice for breaking shields where Fire Kraken's initial hit would be absorbed.

Ice Swarm - 3 pips, 35 + 420 over 3 rounds, You show me an ice attack that does 455 total for only 3 pips. Giving you plenty of time to shield up.

Thunder Bird- 5 pips, 610 damage and +30% to next 3 spells. Um, Yea this is just epic.

wouldn't it better instead of mutate spell to put Gargantuan on it? its so powerful on any AOE spells.

Judgment when you get the 100% power pip chance. of course with any additional traps and blades :)

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Tempest, by far. Of course, I only have a lvl 51 life, lvl 60 myth, lvl 19 storm, and a few other novices, but I know the effects of tempest and how it can really turn the tides of a battle (no pun intended). Just think about it, 80 damage per pip to all enemies. It's awesome even when I'm just thinking 'bout it.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I was really impressed with the spell wild bolt...Not because it is so powerful necessarily, but because of how it suprisingly introduced a lot of new tactics in battles for me. It was no longer a bland set up blades and traps then nuke with kraken, now you had a spell that could possibly be a waste of blades or traps by either doing too little damage or by wasting a lot of damage from overkill, but also costing much less to cast. Suddenly it becomes not so simple to decide when to blade, when to heal and when to nuke. As far as average damage is concerned, wild bolt must be by far the most powerful 2 pip spell in the game...compensated by its being unreliable and tricky to work into some rotation.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Hex. It boosts anything 30%. I would say feint, but that boosts 70% percent to the enemy and 30% to self.

Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer (haha yeah I'm biased for my school)

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
i would have to say reshuffle it's 100% success rate and you get your used cards back.