Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tv and make your own show idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 31, 2008

I just saw an idea that somebody had in which we could puta TV in our castles like furniture.

That would be cool, and Ijust thought of something that could accompany it. Make your own show to watch on that TV!

How? I envision a doodle cartoon we can make. Like a mini game in which some set doodles exist, and we color them and choose the animation, and add the speech to them. The end product could be either a moving or normal comic made by us that we could watch on that TV and show to out friends!

What do you think?

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Finarel wrote:

I just saw an idea that somebody had in which we could puta TV in our castles like furniture.

That would be cool, and Ijust thought of something that could accompany it. Make your own show to watch on that TV!

How? I envision a doodle cartoon we can make. Like a mini game in which some set doodles exist, and we color them and choose the animation, and add the speech to them. The end product could be either a moving or normal comic made by us that we could watch on that TV and show to out friends!

What do you think?
yea my idea is still good but someone has to voice the charactures and animated isn't as easy as it look. it takes days to a year to make shows and years to make a movie.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
yea my idea is still good but someone has to voice the charactures and animated isn't as easy as it look. it takes days to a year to make shows and years to make a movie.

I dont mean something so complicated as a an animated movie like shrek or the incredibles. Not even a moving comic. Just a normal comic, like the abracadoodle.

There would be some set pictures or doodles, we would put them in the order that we want, and add some speech baubles. No voice overs, just a regular message like the chat.

Doesnt sound so complicated to me, then again I dont know how to place that in a game lol.

So essentially this TV would be more like a comic holder, and each wizard can create their own comic. That would be the "TV show" a comic.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I posted a same exact thing earlier today in the test realm! They would not have any voices, unless there's a narrator. The animations could be like in FlipNote Studio for the DS, DSi, and DSiXL if making a cartoon. Otherwise, there's a camera. You'd need to write a script for the movies.

Parts could be:

Director
Gets to have an "Action" and "Cut" button.

Camera Man/Woman
Runs and moves the camera.

Sound Control
Does nothing since there's no sound.

Actor(s)
Acts out the movie.

-If there's pets the wizard may morph.

-If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want sound, have the actors find/buy voice recorders in real life and say their words, and upload to Wizard101.

-If people should cast spells right? An editor can come in the job and put commands to make things happen.

Commands (Examples):

<spell cast.by=(wizard's name) spellname=(the spell's name) cast.on=(someone)>

In between the ()s, is something change-able. Put in the wizards REAL name for who casts it. And it hits the person/monster in the (someone) part.

<monster=(monster's species) monster name=(the monster's name) does=(what it does) does it to=(someone)>

The (monster's species) is a spell. The (the monster's name) is what the monster's name is.

Here are some examples:

<spell cast.by=Tyler LifeCaller spellname=Efreet cast.on=Malistaire>
It makes me cast Efreet on Malistaire.

<monster=Leviathan monster's name=Master of Storm does=Pop up from water does=Turn 180 degrees does=hits wizard with tail for 1,030 damage does it to=Tyler LifeCaller, Luke SkullFlame does=Go into water>
That makes a Leviathan pop up from a body of water, turn 180 degrees, and hit me and my brother for 1030 damage then go back underwater.

<spell cast.by=Tyler LifeCaller spellname=Leviathan fizzle>
That makes me cast Leviathan, but fizzle. I might add more commands in another post.

Thanks!

Master the Storm, master the Life. Master the Balance and you've mastered power.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
sparky1233334444 wrote:
I posted a same exact thing earlier today in the test realm! They would not have any voices, unless there's a narrator. The animations could be like in FlipNote Studio for the DS, DSi, and DSiXL if making a cartoon. Otherwise, there's a camera. You'd need to write a script for the movies.

Parts could be:

Director

Camera Man/Woman

Sound Control

Actor(s)
Acts out the movie.

-If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want sound, have the actors find/buy voice recorders in real life and say their words, and upload to Wizard101.

-If people should cast spells right? An editor can come in the job and put commands to make things happen.

Commands (Examples):

In between the ()s, is something change-able. Put in the wizards REAL name for who casts it. And it hits the person/monster in the (someone) part.

<monster=(monster's species) monster name=(the monster's name) does=(what it does) does it to=(someone)>

The (monster's species) is a spell. The (the monster's name) is what the monster's name is.

Here are some examples:

<monster=Leviathan monster's name=Master of Storm does=Pop up from water does=Turn 180 degrees does=hits wizard with tail for 1,030 damage does it to=Tyler LifeCaller, Luke SkullFlame does=Go into water>
That makes a Leviathan pop up from a body of water, turn 180 degrees, and hit me and my brother for 1030 damage then go back underwater.

That makes me cast Leviathan, but fizzle. I might add more commands in another post.

Thanks!

Master the Storm, master the Life. Master the Balance and you've mastered power.

Wow, thats a whole lot more complicated than what I meant but, hey! All the better :)

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Finarel wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:

Parts could be:

Director

Camera Man/Woman

Sound Control

Actor(s)
Acts out the movie.

Commands (Examples):

Here are some examples:

Thanks!

Wow, thats a whole lot more complicated than what I meant but, hey! All the better :)

Well, I forgot to mention it'll take 2-4 YEARS for KI to put it in a game...... For it's not able to be pre-planned.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Lol well,what i envision is not nearly so complicated. Just a plain doodle comic, with pre drawn figures and empty speech baubles. I dont think it needs that much time lol

Explorer
May 25, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:

Parts could be:

Director

Camera Man/Woman

Sound Control

Actor(s)
Acts out the movie.

Commands (Examples):

Here are some examples:

Thanks!

i love the idea! i believe u should make a topic bout that :D