Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Usable, No Trade, No Auction

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
This makes me angry. I could get 50,000+ from all of the robes, rings, boots, etc, but can't cause their NO AUCTION! I don't plan to make a Life character, and I already have 4 of the same rings from Malistaire. At the bazaar, I could sell the level 50+ Ice Coat! Why? Even if I'm ice, there is better gear! So please. I would like a change. Or... an explanation on why they can't be sold.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
You can go to the Robe vendor in the Shopping District and sell the clothing etc. No Auction items. You will get a little gold that way.

Housing No Auction items must be sold to the Housing Vendor.

The other option is to trash them.

Megan

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
A lot of items that are hard to get, or require exceptional effort (such as attacking Malistaire - it does take a long time to get through his dungeon) are no-auction. This is to keep people from skipping out on these harder rewards by simply purchasing their gear in the bazaar.

Personally, I LIKE having some no-auction, no-trade items. They let me show off to others that I earned my gear on my OWN, with the wizard in question standing before them. Sure, I might have had help from others, but I brought that wizard through the dungeon and survived to get my reward. Multiple times, even, if I didn't get the gear I wanted in the first attempt.

Malistaire, however, due to the lenght and difficulty of his dungeon, is the boss with the most no-acution items, which makes him a fairly bad target for farming, unless you're after specific gear from him.

Originally, before Celestia came out, Malistaire's gear was some of the strongest you could find in the game, and, as a result, hard to get. After Celestia came out, his gear got outclassed, but remained no-auction for the bragging rights.

And you can sell any gear, no-auction and no-trade, to a vendor of the appropriate type in the Spiral. Equipped gear goes to the Equipment vendors, Housing items to the Furniture vendors, and Reagents to the Crafting vendors.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Everything you sell at the bazaar can be bought by other people. They don't want some items to be available to anyone who has enough gold. Some of the items have to be found/acquired on their own. Just sell them to any regular vendor and you can still get some amount of money from them, just not as much as you would like.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Question for you. Why do you keep going to Malistaire? As the post before say's sell in shopping district or trash, selling gets you 10% of bazaar, and trashing gets you nada. SELL, SELL, SELL.