Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death or storm

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
Ok so I'm thinking about making a second wizard but i'm pondering whether i should go with storm or death cause they're both really good but i don't know which one. Any suggestions plz write. :D :D :D

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
between those two choices i'd definatly go with Death. if you go Life as a secondary school with Death, you can become pretty awesome. Death has alot of cool things like Feint, Curse, steal life spells, and the 85% fizzle rate is way better than the 70% from storm.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Storm is seriously destructive, but has its main weakness as its high fizzle rate - however, you can overcome that by purchasing Sniper cards in the bazaar (they add 20% to your cast chance, and don't cost a terrible lot), or by using the Storm Accuracy spell you get fairly early on. Most storm gear, too, comes with accuracy from the start, so you quickly can overcome your fizzle rate.

Death is powerful, and doesn't need any Life spells around, as they can heal themselves. They also come with a huge amount of curses and traps to pile up the damage on their unsuspecting target, and generally become one of the better solo-players.

So in short, it really comes down to yourself. Storm's low health and low accuracy is offset by HUGE damage, while Death's mid-ranged damage is balanced against their versatility. However, both work best in offense - they don't really have that many defensive spells like Life and Ice does.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I have been working with both a storm and death wizard and I must say that I have more fun with storm. Its very tense. Death is sortof methodical but with storm you run into cliffhangers all the time. Its just a great feeling to one shot kill things when you are one round away from dying, which seems to happen all the time with storm and never with death. So if you dont like stress then go with death. If you enjoy suspense then pick storm.
concerning the fizzle rate with storm. I suggest you simply embrace it rather than try to correct it. At every round realize your spell might fizzle and have some sort of backup plan, and construct your deck with that in mind. It forces you to think an extra step ahead based on possibility of fizzle. If you arent good at thinking ahead then storm might just be frusterating. If you try too hard to simply eliminate the fizzle in storm then imo you actually will weaken the school.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Out of the two you are thinking about, I would definitely go with storm. Even though you will end up with the least health at the end of the game than the other schools, and you will fizzle a lot, you will have the most powerful attacks to defeat people which is what lvl's you in the game. My brother has a legendary storm and he does not regret it one bit! Definitely go with storm! :D

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
Definitely Storm. The spells are really powerful. If you're impatient, choose it. The powerful spells make you go through battles quickly.

Katherine GoldCaster
Level 40
Master Diviner
Storm/Fire/Death

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Why not make one of each? You can always delete the one you don't want or like. Either that or make it death with storm as a secondary school or storm with death as a secondary school.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
What school is your first character? if you're playing a spirit school like myth or life right now, i'd go with storm for the diversity. likewise if you're playing a fire or ice, then i'd go with death. if you're playing balance already, flip a coin. actually, i'd go death then, cause their higher level attacks use elemental damage. -elijah darkthorn, level 52 myth (and crew)