Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are all Wizards really even in their Power.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote from Travis: "First off,You say you are having a hard time with balance? That makes me not only question your strategy but also your opinion in this matter. Try this: Ice blade, treasure ice blade, elemental blade, treasure elemental blade, iceblade vial, 45% treasure balefrost, snow angel, snow angel."

Travis,

Darthjt has just about covered it, and again clearly showed you that your points are so biased, they only look at one side and ignore the whole picture.

I not only have a hard time with Balance, with most matches, but then I have not been PvP'ing that long. Every match I have lost, the oppenent has hit critical
once or twice, and end of story. Ice's life of 3600 can be taken out in one blow, from Balance, storm, Fire and death (maybe more). Even with thier awesome 36% resist, which doesn't help that much when your hit with over 5000.
Btw, I have seen plenty of Ice Wizards lose in PvP, they do lose all the time.

Plus I really enjoy how you state all the treasure card that you can never get. Each time I have stopped in the Bazzar, they never have any, and I can't play this game 20 hours a week like some do.

Good luck in PVP and stop whinning until you can see the whole picture.

Joseph LionHunter,
Ice Level 60.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
i made my point. done...

what point did you ever make? The only thing you ever did, was to try and show things one sided without all the facts, that does not constitute a point.

I however, have shown just how fair this game is to all schools. I have proven time and time again that all of you complainers have no point.

Refute that!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
travisAk wrote:
i made my point. done...

Travis,

I'm glad you ened this, as you were defeated a long time ago.

Take a look at most of the post, it's all against Balance, not Ice. Which I think is unfair, Balance has it weak points, just like Ice.

I'll make one bet with you, I expect that when/if the new gear is released for PvP, I'll bet you won't be happy with it.

Joseph.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Before anyone reads this, let me state three things.

1. The setup of each Wizard is far more complex than this shows, but this will give you the basic idea of the dynamics of the setup.

2. I believe that all Wizards are the same, except for the different spells they can cast. The Power levels are all the same, even though there are options to change based on your type of style.

3. Remember, I did not add in all the stats, but wanted to point out why I think the critical rating was added, and why it was needed.
Critical give balance to the game, as long as it's percentages work correctly.

I have seen many (many) postings on certain Wizards being stronger in one school versus another, especially in PvP. This seems to be an on-going debate, with a lot of complaints on Ice, Myth, Fire, Balance, etc.
I think all these complaints are unfounded, and the people posting them need to study the game.

By the way, I have taken these spec from two real Wizards in the game (one happens to be Ice, I’ll let you guess at the other).

My Dad explained this to me, so I hope I got it right.

Player #1.
Health, 3640
Defense, 35% to all schools.
Attack boost, 34%.
Power Pip rating 80%
Critical rating, 12%, or 1 in 9 critical hits.

Player #2.
Health, 3120
Defense, for two schools 64%. (Player #1 is not one of these schools).
Attack boost, 66% (this could be higher with different gear).
Power Pip rating 90% (this could also be higher with different gear)
Critical rating, 33% or 1 in 3 critical hits.

Health difference is 520 points between the two wizards.

Let’s set these Wizards up in a mock PvP battle, to show you what KI has done.

Let’s go 12 rounds, and each player has a 4 Power pip spell that will hit 1000 points.
So for every four rounds, the Wizard get one attack, or he attacks three times in 12 rounds. (total of three (3) attacks in our battle).

Player 1.
(1000 times .8 power pip rating = 800) times three attacks = 2400 total attack points.
He will get no Criticals in the three attacks as the percentage is way too low.
Add the attack boost, 2400 times 1.34 = 3216

Player2.
1000 times .9 power pip rating = 900 times 3 = 2700.
He will get at least one critical in the three attacks, so add 900 = 3600.
Add the boost 3600 times 1.66 = 5904 points.
Now lets drop the defense that Player one has to all schools 5904 times .65 = 3837.6 hit.

3837.7 – 3216 = 621.6 hits total for Player #2, now subtract the extra health of player #1.
621.6 – 520 and we get 110 hit point advantage for Player #2.
With slightly different gear, this could easily be dead even……

Now do you see how even all the Wizards are, KI has done a great job on making each one of them even as can be?

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

this is a pretty dumbed down analysis that proves nothing. i'm assuming the second player is a life character since you said he has resists but not to player #1(ice) which leaves life and death as the only options and death's hp isn't quite that high.first off, life has great stats on paper but lack the most important tool in 1v1 pvp. a dot/shield breaker. also your figures used are inaccurate all over the place. that damage boost is too much for life, ice gear gives more resists then 35%, and why would you use a hypothetical spell for comparison?

i'm also confused why you factored in power pip rating as damage as this is not done in game.

and not adding the critical rate damage for ice?
as you can see from your own post the 33% critical rate for life sums up to be a 33% increase in damage before resists. it would hold true that the 12% critical rate for ice would add up to be a 12% damage boost over time.

even if all these numbers were right i would still have to say it proves nothing. class balance is about much much more then gear.

this is like looking at a painting with only a magnifying glass, its missing the big picture of things

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Fortence wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Before anyone reads this, let me state three things.

1. The setup of each Wizard is far more complex than this shows, but this will give you the basic idea of the dynamics of the setup.

2. I believe that all Wizards are the same, except for the different spells they can cast. The Power levels are all the same, even though there are options to change based on your type of style.

3. Remember, I did not add in all the stats, but wanted to point out why I think the critical rating was added, and why it was needed.
Critical give balance to the game, as long as it's percentages work correctly.

I have seen many (many) postings on certain Wizards being stronger in one school versus another, especially in PvP. This seems to be an on-going debate, with a lot of complaints on Ice, Myth, Fire, Balance, etc.
I think all these complaints are unfounded, and the people posting them need to study the game.

By the way, I have taken these spec from two real Wizards in the game (one happens to be Ice, I’ll let you guess at the other).

My Dad explained this to me, so I hope I got it right.

Player #1.
Health, 3640
Defense, 35% to all schools.
Attack boost, 34%.
Power Pip rating 80%
Critical rating, 12%, or 1 in 9 critical hits.

Player #2.
Health, 3120
Defense, for two schools 64%. (Player #1 is not one of these schools).
Attack boost, 66% (this could be higher with different gear).
Power Pip rating 90% (this could also be higher with different gear)
Critical rating, 33% or 1 in 3 critical hits.

Health difference is 520 points between the two wizards.

Let’s set these Wizards up in a mock PvP battle, to show you what KI has done.

Let’s go 12 rounds, and each player has a 4 Power pip spell that will hit 1000 points.
So for every four rounds, the Wizard get one attack, or he attacks three times in 12 rounds. (total of three (3) attacks in our battle).

Player 1.
(1000 times .8 power pip rating = 800) times three attacks = 2400 total attack points.
He will get no Criticals in the three attacks as the percentage is way too low.
Add the attack boost, 2400 times 1.34 = 3216

Player2.
1000 times .9 power pip rating = 900 times 3 = 2700.
He will get at least one critical in the three attacks, so add 900 = 3600.
Add the boost 3600 times 1.66 = 5904 points.
Now lets drop the defense that Player one has to all schools 5904 times .65 = 3837.6 hit.

3837.7 – 3216 = 621.6 hits total for Player #2, now subtract the extra health of player #1.
621.6 – 520 and we get 110 hit point advantage for Player #2.
With slightly different gear, this could easily be dead even……

Now do you see how even all the Wizards are, KI has done a great job on making each one of them even as can be?

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

this is a pretty dumbed down analysis that proves nothing. i'm assuming the second player is a life character since you said he has resists but not to player #1(ice) which leaves life and death as the only options and death's hp isn't quite that high.first off, life has great stats on paper but lack the most important tool in 1v1 pvp. a dot/shield breaker. also your figures used are inaccurate all over the place. that damage boost is too much for life, ice gear gives more resists then 35%, and why would you use a hypothetical spell for comparison?

i'm also confused why you factored in power pip rating as damage as this is not done in game.

and not adding the critical rate damage for ice?
as you can see from your own post the 33% critical rate for life sums up to be a 33% increase in damage before resists. it would hold true that the 12% critical rate for ice would add up to be a 12% damage boost over time.

even if all these numbers were right i would still have to say it proves nothing. class balance is about much much more then gear.

this is like looking at a painting with only a magnifying glass, its missing the big picture of things

Fortence,

Please reread items 1,2, and 3, as you missed the entire point of the post.
This posting was not meant to be percise, it was a general posting, to show why Critical was added into the game. I could have use the exact Specs form my Wizards, and went into greater detail, but the posting would have been huge. I decided just to keep it simple, and use something that everyone could understand.

The first player was my Ice Wizard, and the second player was my Balance. Now both my Ice and Balance are level 60, and I do all my 1v1 with Balance, and 2v2, etc with my Ice. When I did this posting, my Balance was not level 60, and did not have a Health rating of 3376 as he does now.

Joseph.
Death and Myth are on their way up.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There's no way to totally balance all schools in PvP in theory. At the upper echelon, there will always be strong and weak schools. Change things, and perhaps the schools that are better or worse will change, but there will still be some imbalance.

In practical use, a skilled PvP player could take the weakest school and defeat a less-skilled PvP player with the strongest school. That doesn't mean that there isn't an imbalance. It means that a more skilled player can overcome the imbalance against a less skilled player. Also, there's a luck factor involved (who goes first, fizzles, etc.).

Also, the advantage is taken over a large number of matches. The worst player with the worst school could beat the best player with the best school if he/she got really lucky (i.e. the other other players spells all fizzled). But that wouldn't be the way to bet.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

Travis,

I'm glad you ened this, as you were defeated a long time ago.

Take a look at most of the post, it's all against Balance, not Ice. Which I think is unfair, Balance has it weak points, just like Ice.

I'll make one bet with you, I expect that when/if the new gear is released for PvP, I'll bet you won't be happy with it.

Joseph.

Really? Defeated a long time ago? His posts had some very valid facts but you guys never accepted them. Also about this topic, I don't think it proves anything for the stats are false.

Also let me clarify some things.
Ice has 3857 health, not 3600.
Ice has a boost of 28%
darthjt stated that ices gear only gives 30 critical, true if you didn't count wands as gear. The point is that ice with legendary gear has the same critical block as all the other schools (30 or 60 with the new wand) and critical (60.)

All the stats you guys have been giving seems as if you gave the ice arena gear boots which would make it look more like this.
Health 3680
Damage bonus 26%
Resist 38%
Block 10.

In 1v1 ice has a small advantage that can be overcome, but if you have ever done a 4v4. You would see what I mean.

Also as you stated Lion, every school has a weakness, ice's is critical. Lets see though, critical is a chance! So that means if I was wearing legendary gear, I would have a 12% chance of exploiting its weakness.

EDIT:
I edited my post to be more polite to darthjt and Lion for before this post was Imo rude. So I apologize to darthjt and Lion.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Colagada,

Your probably right, I don't think any game could be totally balanced, from the bottom levels to the top.

Fortence,

Sorry, I was in a rush when I replied, and never answered your questions.

"i'm also confused why you factored in power pip rating as damage as this is not done in game."

Reply: You have to factor it in, as if someone is getting only Pip, while the other player is getting Power Pips, the player with Power pips can attack much faster with larger spells. Therefore doing much more damage in fewer rounds. To not factor in Ice's poor Power pip rating (80%), when compared to my Balance at 102% would not show what is really going on, imo.

"and not adding the critical rate damage for ice?"

Reply: I did, but it is not a factor, as the odds are against the Ice having a Critical in the 12 rounds. He would only get 12 pips, and therefore he would most likely only get to cast three or four damage spells. I base this on 9 power pips and ~3 standard pips. Since, on average Ice only hits 1 in 9 critical, and he only cast three or four spells, the odds are really against him hitting critical.

"as you can see from your own post the 33% critical rate for life sums up to be a 33% increase in damage before resists. it would hold true that the 12% critical rate for ice would add up to be a 12% damage boost over time."

Reply: I agree, but the odds are so against Ice getting a critical in three spells, I decided to go with the odds, to show what was most likely to happen.
It could show up, but in the long run, if you run an Ice throught three spells (radomly selected groups of 3) over and over, the odds are against it happening.

"even if all these numbers were right i would still have to say it proves nothing. class balance is about much much more then gear."

Reply: I agree, but items 1,2, and 3, tried to state this, so it wasn't misleading. I guess I didn't make those clear enough, to make my point.
This posting was only to show the basic idea of why Critical was added to the game, when they went to the upper levels. It was added to balance the game, and that is all I was trying to show.

If you want, I could take my Level 60 Balance and my Level 60 Ice, and do a detailed comparison. It would be a large posting, but I don't know if anyone would really get anything out of it.
My Dad did do a detailed comparison of Ice, Balance, Fire, and Myth. He did this on a Excel spreadsheet, with a ton of equations. It was my Ice and Balance, and my brother's Myth and Fire. When all done, and all is factored in, the Wizards are very close to being perfectly balanced. Ice had a very, very slight edge, but it was so small, in PvP, I think very very few would even notice.

As a misc note, the reason I didn't include Life, is because of the Heal rate they can do. I would have had to factor that in, and it would make this much more complex than I wanted. So, I decided to stay away from Life, when trying to explain this.

Joseph.
See you in PvP.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Okay, lets use Earthquake and remove all the boost and shields that Ice has and then do the comparison between a Boosted Myth and a non-boosted Ice.
+ I'm not sure if you are aware of this but once a myth uses earthquake he is no longer boosted, leaving his opponent a pip advantage that can easily be converted into a win. Medusa, when used correctly, can be deadly but the problem is that every decent player has conviction. Everyone has conviction because the gear advantage you enjoy does not exist for other schools. It's either go critical and leave yourself wide open with no resist, use level 58 gear that has good attack strength and provides NO resist for five out of seven schools or as a final option use arena gear which gives 35 universal, less attack strength than ice and 1500 less health than ice. critical is the only option for most people if they want to compete at a high level
lion359 wrote:
this is so unfair,Let's compare Just Damage to Damage and not add in the Health or add in the defense, that is what I can do,and work out the same type of calculation.

Read my post again, you will see health damage AND defense (resist) was In there so I'm not sure where you're going with that.
lion359 wrote:
I watched a Balance in PvP yesterday, that had 24 damage and 37 resist to all schools.]Key: Yes, when he added that resisit he lost his critical rating and it dropped back to the same level as Ice.
same level? Here's what really happened, your gear had 28 boost which was better than him. Arena gear has no health bonus, your gear gives you 1500(big difference) and you had critical chance but did not need your block because the balance wiz had neither.
lion359 wrote:
Wow, that is what Level 58 Gear is all about, you can mix and match as you want.  I can increase my Critical rating, but I lose all of my defense.  It's the whole idea of Level 58 gear
all of your defence, ice is the only school with rounded defense. The rest of us have lost our defences and are grasping at critical for a hope of ever catching up with level 58 Ice gear. And by the way level 58 gear is not every hat and robe you happen to find in celestia, it is one set powerful gear you can get and is school specific. Check the guides to learn more before you refute me plz.

'

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
It is impossible to go into details about the schools spells and power. People say ice can do more damage then the other school because of their resist (This is true.) But then other people say life can heal (True also.)
Now, I like to look at some strategies as "noob" strategies. All this means is a strategy that relies 100% on one thing. The reason why I use the word noob is because noob is short for newbie and when your new to the arena. You tend to treat your pvp opponents like pve bosses. For example, judgment:blade, blade, trap, trap, shield, shield, judge. When doing this rely on judgment. Now though, ice has a SUPER common "noob strategy." Super Boosting DOT attacks. Now this isn't a problem by itself but with ice's high health and resist, they can survive long enough to boost themselves to a HUGE amount, without critical. Now the biggest problem is that this is an easy thing to do, but it take LOTS of skill to defend it. Now judgement was the same way but it never got you past captain. But in 4v4 the "noob strategy" can take you all the way to commander, maybe even warlord.

P.S.
I don't want ice to be changed, just in my opinion it has a LITTLE advantage. I am not saying this because I constantly lose to them.

Personally, I dont think that ice having resist makes it a more powerful school, and It does not allow them to do more damage to their opponents. Everyone wants to complain about ice being to powerful, but I just dont see it in the arena. What I see is Fire using heckhound after loading up with blades and traps from deck, and side deck (full of treasure blades & traps etc...). I have seen Fire kill faster and way stronger than any ice wizard with a full decked out angel. A fire wizard with full pips, the full decked out heckhound hits with over 2000 a round! Hard for any wizard to survive that. So, my point is....if everyone is going to keep complaining about ice being overpowered (which ice is not), then they better get prepared for the complaints to start about fire.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
"P.S.
Lion359, If you thought of this as being mean to you, then sorry. For you do not deserve this for all your posts were not rude, no matter how true or false they may be. darthjt on the other hand, if you think of this as being mean to you, just think of this as what you do to other people. "

Solstice64,

I don't look at these posts as rude or not, I just look at the information provide, everyone has their opinion on Wizard101. I also won't tell anyone to treat me better or different, as everyone has their own ways and personalities. I just accept peoople the way they are, and that is just is the way I am.

I can see now, that everyone digested what I wrote differently, versus what I intended it to be. This entire post was to point out one thing, and nothing more.
Why Critical was added to the game, plain and simple, nothing more. If someone wanted me to do a real analysis, I could, and would take the time to do so. But I would not include Arena gear, as it generates to many variables.
I think only a few would really understand it, and it would be a waste or just confusing to the rest. I was trying to avoid that very thing, when I wrote this up.

The Specs on the Ice are from my Ice wizard, Level 60, so they are real. That is they way I have him set up right now, and I can meet you to prove it.
The other wizard was my Balance, but he did not have full 58 gear on at the time I wrote this up. I was not trying to show too perfect Wizards, just a Ballpark overview, to show why I think all Wizards are very close to being even in their Power. Plus why Critical helps balance the game, even in PvP.
I expected some to disagree, some not to understand, and some to attack, and that is fine. As even the attacks would point out the flaws in what I thought, and help me correct errors. The attacks would also help me understand the game better, so I don't mind at all.

Thanks,
Joseph.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Thank you so much finnally there is someone try to make sense instead of saying, "Ice is the best school. No! my balance could easily beat you!" on and on and on :D. Every school was given weaknesses and strengths to be even and fair so your my here of the week, lol.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I see what you mean but listen here.Ok ice legendary wizards are bad in pvp because they have a great resist too everything.There snow angel is bad too it dont do much damage at first but i always see it do like 800 every turn know come on seriously?Thats what were talking about.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
I see what you mean but listen here.Ok ice legendary wizards are bad in pvp because they have a great resist too everything.There snow angel is bad too it dont do much damage at first but i always see it do like 800 every turn know come on seriously?Thats what were talking about.

Pyromaniac023,

I don't think anyone will disagree that Ice is hard to kill, that's how they were designed to be. My Balance just got beat by an Ice Warlord, and it was interesting the way she beat me. No Snow Angel at all was used, only Frost Bite, Colossus, both on Gargantuan, plus Weakness and Infection (ton's of Infection). She put up a ton of Shields that were layered, and I just couldn't stop her. She just wore me down, and finally defeated me. It's really disappointing to have a spell that should hit for 3046 and it only hits for 959 after the -50 shield and Gear resist. So I know what you mean for sure.

On the other hand, I see I have seen a Balance in PvP do 4752 with two boost and a hex. With a Feint added, I have seen one do just over 8000 attack.
I have seen Storm do far more, and I have watched Dragon do awesome damage on the first hit. Skeleton Dragon is what always seems to get me in PvP, that spell has real hitting power when boosted. I hate to see a Death across the ring from me, but when it's Ice, I just know I'm in for a long fight. If it's life, I expect to lose before it's started. It just takes too long to kill a Life, and I have a limit on how much time my brother and I can play.

PvP is suppose to be extremely hard, otherwise it wouldnt' be that much fun.
After a while, playing the game gets a bit boring, as the PvE don't think, they are just a program. When you are going against real gamers, college guys and adults, and your only 15, you know you are in for a battle. I have seen that many PvP players are in college and older adults and that is fine, because in a way, it puts us all on an even playing field, and I like that.

Joseph,
See you in PvP..

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
what rank are you? A boosted snow angel is arguably the best spell in pvp right now, plus it attacks all opponents. One of my good friends got 42 wins without a loss on his legendary ice wizard, no joke. There is no way that with all the variables, the first turn advantage, the critical that this should EVER happen in ranked pvp.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I will post actual information for Legendary Characters!
All Characters will have Stellar Signet and Cosmic Kris both have the stats of 208 health and 16% PP chance! I am using the same rings and athames for all characters to keep Balance in stats:

Ice: Level 60 - 3637 Health - 72% Power Pip Chance
Gear Bonus for Level 58 Gear are:
Damage 28% - Resist All 37% - Accuracy 9% = 89%

Fire: Level 60 - 2749 Health - 72% Power Pip Chance
Damage 46% - Resists 36% Ice & Storm - Accuracy 19% = 94%

Storm: Level 60 - 2269 Health - 72 % Power Pip Chance
Damage 65% - Resists 36% Fire & Ice - Accuracy 26% = 96%

Life: Level 60 - 3223 Health - 98% Power Pip Chance
Damage 54% - Resists 36 Death & Myth - No Accuracy Increase = 90%

Death: Level 59 - 2959 Health - 98% Power Pip Chance
Damage 54% - Resists 36 Myth & 45 Life - No Accuracy Increase = 85%

Balance: Level 59 - 3192 Health - 98% Power Pip Chance
Damage 54% - Resists 14 Elemental 9 Spirit - No Accuracy Increase = 85%

Now, I am about to show another way to view characters at Legendary:

These are stats with crafted gear, and level 58 Boots, also wearing a stellar signet and cosmic kris to keep all schools in balance:
So, with Crafted gear, your Critical Block will go up to 40 instead of 30!

Ice: Lvl 60 - 3681 Health - 72% PP chance
33 Damage - 9 Resist All - 14 Accuracy - 110 Critical Hit Points

Fire: Lvl 60 - 2767 Health - 72% PP chance
47 Damage - 9 Ice & Storm Resist - 19 Accuracy - 140 Critical Hit Points

Storm: Lvl 60 - 2283 Health - 72% PP chance
63 Damage - 9 Ice & Fire Resist - 24 Accuracy - 150 Critical Hit Points

Life: Lvl 60 - 3245 Health - 84% PP chance
53 Damage - 9 Myth & Death Resist - 10 Accuracy - 120 Critical Hit Points

I will use just these as base players, considering Death and Balance will be like Life on stats, maybe a bit more critical rating though, 130 I think, but without checking, DO NOT Quote me!

Now, considering this IS Wizard 101 and there are variations to everything, one can opt for accuracy, and critical hits and lose resistance, or you can keep resistance and go to 60 critical hit points and 30 critical block points. Or you can opt and lose all critical hit and block and have same school insane same school resistance.

Everyone has the option and ability to create a character any way you want them to be, same as when you first started a wizard out, it told you who had the strongest spells, weakest spells, most health, least health, most accuracy, and least accuracy! We chose what we wanted!

Now, before Celestia was released, Wizards had same school resists, except for Ice, who has always had the universal resists. Now, other schools get resists to 2 schools, while Ice remains the same, giving other schools more of a benefit than ice! Then people talk about Gargantuan, when every school can use it and since every school has stronger spells and more damage boosts from gear, gargantuan is stronger for other schools than it is for ice, another boost to all schools!

Now, the one spell that stands out for ice is snow angel! Why you ask? Because it is only the second spell that does an AOE DOT! Meaning an Area of Effect and Damage over Time, meaning again, it hits all enemies and does damage for multiple rounds.

Why does this spell differ from Fire Dragon? Simple! Fire Dragon does half it's damage off the bat, then divides the rest of the damage over 3 rounds! Meaning, if you cast a shield, the brunt of the force will be taken off by a shield. While Snow angel does 100 & 200 for the next 3 rounds making a total of 600 more damage for a grand total of 700!

Is this going to be the last spell every school gets? Is this going to be the best spell in the game ever? Would Fire characters still complaine if Fire Dragon was setup the same?

How many places have I shown how Ice does not get more than other schools! Ice can and is beaten in PvP, quite easily. I have stated this once and I will state it again, the main reason for complaints, is because Ice has gear better than Arena Gear. Now, people say that you don't have to earn Ice gear, but pardon me, you have to reach level 58 with an ice character, a much harder task for ice than it is for any other school!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
travisAk wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
what rank are you? A boosted snow angel is arguably the best spell in pvp right now, plus it attacks all opponents. One of my good friends got 42 wins without a loss on his legendary ice wizard, no joke. There is no way that with all the variables, the first turn advantage, the critical that this should EVER happen in ranked pvp.

TravisAK,

Last night, about 8:50 pm et, I got on to W101, and went down to do some PvP, just one match I thought. When I got there, I happen to notice a 1V1, Fire and Ice Warlords. I reconized one of the names, and decided this would be a great fight to watch. Lots of people were there, so I know others could post the names, it was the top ranked match.

When I entered, it was already well into an hour, and people were leaving. They area got fairly crowded off and on, and towards the end, there were a lot of people in there talking.

I checked out both Stats on the players, and both had Level 58 gear. The kind of gear that anyone can buy for gold, at the Bazarr.

The fire was spamming the -25 hits, and -50 heals over and over.
He also Fired off his Genie quite a few times, with a series of other spells.
The Ice played a solid smart game, and after a little more than two hours the Ice finally lost. The Ice also fired off (the best Spell in the game) Snow Angel multiple times, along with other spells.

So here is a "run of the mill" Fire Warlord that was able to beat a Warlord Ice (and the ice had a better rating). Remembering, that Fire has an excellent defense against Ice.
If two Warlords can fight it out for over two hours, how can anyone say they are not balanced........................?

First Turn Advantage is real, and if the two Player/Wizards are balanced, the Wizard going first will most likey win, if no error is made. I won't argue this point, as I expect that most people will agree with it.

I think that the key to your above post is, your friend was unbalanced against the other players in his Wizard gear setup, Deck setup, knowledge of all the spells, strategy and timing of play. Plus he may have had some help in a lucky draw of cards, a few times.
Plus, remember, he was playing low level players, there could be many factors as to why he won those fights.
Imo, those are the critical factors in PvP, not what type of Wizard.

So, I still disagree with you, I don't see Ice as any better than any other Wizard. My brother's Fire Wizard has had good luck beating Ice. His Myth Wizard had done very well, as my Balance Wizard has. My Ice is running 50/50% on the Win loss. You can say what you want about my Ability to play PvP, but I can win with my Balance far easier than my Ice. Each and every time I have lost, when I play back the battle, it's the strategy that beat me, not the Wizard.

Joseph LionHunter

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt said:
"Now, people say that you don't have to earn Ice gear, but pardon me, you have to reach level 58 with an ice character, a much harder task for ice than it is for any other school!"

This statement holds a ton of truth in it, for me. I have leveled my Ice to 60, and it was a bear of a job. By the way, I don't use Henchmen as so many like to do, I like to win on my own. Deck setup before the fight is really needed with Ice in PvE.
I then leveled my Balance, which was so much easier, it wasn't even funny. I laughed at how fasts my Balance went up the Levels. Then, I leveled up my Storm, again, with his Power it has been easy as can be, even against storm PvE.
Now, I am leveling my Death, and I can start a fight with Full health, and end it with Full health or close too it, at Level 25. After my Death, I will level my Myth and then Life, which should be interesting.

I have watched my brother bring his Myth up, and it's has been much easier than my Ice.
Ice is great when you finally get it to Level 58 for PvE, but before that he is just plain weak in comparison.

I expect that anyone with a Fire, Balance, Death or Storm (Level 60) will be in for a rude awakening when they start on an Ice Wizard.

Joseph.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
When stating that someone has a 38 win and no loss record, please put the entire picture on the table. Anyone with a lot of experience can take a low level Wizard with no exp. and win, it does not mean a thing.
A Life wizard just got done bragging how easy it was to level up his Life. Now we have an Ice Wizard that has Won it's first xx number of fights.
Doing a comparison like this has little meaning, without more details.

How long has this player been playing?
How many PvP has he done before?
How many PvP has he won before?
Did his wizard spam over and over?
Did he have a Pet that gave him an unfair advantage?
Was his previous wizards a Warlord?
Did he use a strategy from one of his other Wizards?
Was it 1V1 or 2v2 or 3v3, etc that he won most of his PvP?
What treasure cards did he use?
Was his treasure cards handed down from other wizards?
Was he boosting his cards, etc, etc?

It is really unfair to shoot out one statement, without all the other details.

Joseph LionHunter.