Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

henchmen PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 12, 2009
I am just throwing out an idea here, but here goes. You know how you can buy crown henchmen? Well how about crown practice dummies? I know what you're thinking, what's the differnence from fighting a boss, or a pvp matches. Well you all know how long it can take for a pvp match to start up a match, plus you get to decide what you're up against and they can't quit last minute. The differnce from a boss is that they won't surprise you with out of schools spells and they are easier to practice with. I know it has a few quirks so help me out and add to it instead of criticizing. Thanks! :-D
P.S this is like my second post ever
Blaze Hawkfist lvl 52 (Now level 57)

Defender
May 12, 2009
Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
i just read this post while surfing through and i think AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!
because sometimes you may just want to try out a new spell or strategy or something without risking anything or taking forever; however the mfp cl observatory and new sultans palace (!!!!!!!!!! best house ever!!!!!) can kinda do that but i still think good idea but they would have to be for gold or else they would never get used.

Morgrim IceTalon, legendary pyromancer :D
(and a few alts lol)

p.s. kind of a run on sentence

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
4 months without a reply, huh? well, i think your original was posted before i ever got on the message boards, so here it goes- i like the idea. it would be cool also to use this for testing out spells and whatnot. i'm guessing you're suggesting that it would it be like fighting one of the henchmen you can hire, so that would be cool to fight. i don't see any negatives to this idea, in any case. -eli and crew

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
nah it will be like just checking out new spells pretty much and for killing time

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Defender
May 12, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
I think you should head to the practice arenas for a while.
I explained the difference, so if you would read it, that might help. Thanks everyone!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Ya :) would be cool if stats were variable, meaning you could set the resist, for example to the common gear of any wizard and know exactly what combos can kill. Not a bad idea at all.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@ezrajoseph,

I love you idea! It would certainly be nice to use my private PvP circle whenever I like, instead of waiting for someone to be online and in the mood to practice.

One addition, I would like to be able to set the conditions of the battle, level of spells, power pip rate, etc. It would be cool to choose a challenge in this way.
The medieval knights had practice dummies, why shouldn't we?

Scarlet/Moira

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Sorry, I disagree. I think if they allowed it people would always rely on them in matches.

Best of wishes,
Caroline Sunbright legendary life
Brittany Rainriver legendary storm
Emily Spiritriver legendary death
Laura Iceheart legendary ice
Nicole Jadesword legendary balance
Alexandra Redleaf level 48 fire

Defender
May 12, 2009
Great ideas everyone! I barely thought about setting the other stats. You made this go farther than I had imagined.

Defender
May 12, 2009
Supafreak12 wrote:
You wont get the same expierence with a computer warrior with a player warrior.

I agree, but I feel the same way playing, checkers, chess, etc with the computer anyway, so it's not a very unusual thing. Think of it more as a monster which are as far as I know just programmed only you set stats.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
So a practice dummy that you can choose the level,spells, health, to make a challenging boss? What would be even cooler would be a battle ring for Crowns or gold (like 30,000 gold or something) and you could battle your boss and it's minions as many times as you want. You buy your boss and keep it permenantly, 100 for a rank 2 and goes up 100 each rank. Just put up to 4 dummies in the ring, enter the ring and POOF! Instant battle! You could even have a battle tournament in your house. If you get defeated, the battle ends and you heal, like in PvP. The mana you use will still go away though. The only thing is, if you want a rank 10 boss, it will cost you 900 gold. It isn't that much, though.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Ya :) would be cool if stats were variable, meaning you could set the resist, for example to the common gear of any wizard and know exactly what combos can kill. Not a bad idea at all.

If that would happen, everyone would give them crazy crit and block stats, let alone attack power. And the spells they would use. People would give them spells from lvl 42+.Not a good idea unless it's in homes.