Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 40 In DS?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Did you finish Marleybone and Mooshu? If you did than you might want to fight in Grizzleheim and help others to level up. I love fighting by myself, but in DS I might need help.

Mackenzie Thunder Whisper, lvl 46, Storm and Death

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
While I don't think it would be impossible but incredably difficult, you might have problems particularly without your Level 42 spell. But if you use traps and blades to boost your damage and your highest attack spell, you might survive. No guarantees!

I'm at Level 44 and I just got to DS and I find it challenging.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Actual level doesn't really matter that much: If you are successful in your battles great, keep going. If not, then go back and complete some side quests. If you complete all the side quests and the first three sections of GH you would be at level 43 or 44 when entering DS.

Either way, have fun!

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
I'm a level 40, Master Diviner in Dragonspyre. With Triton, I don't feel under-leveled at all.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Hey I got to DS a lvl. before you! You shouldn't feel underleveled ever!As long as you have experience and patience you can beat Malastaire in a flash! I am only lvl.44 and I am in The crystal Grove already!!!!!!!!You should not be pressured by a low lvl. and it never set me back as an early DS lvl. wizard. :-D Just stay focused and you will love ds!
Ethan Iceblood lvl.44 life wizard

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Thanks for all the replies! Just a head's up, I'm currently a Level 51 Grand in the Grotto. Feel free to post more, but it isn't nessecary.

Thanks!
~Justin Hawkhammer, Level 51 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Tom5194 wrote:
Is a Level 40 Sorcerer in DS a good level to be? I feel under-leveled.
Dont feel under leveled, this is embarassing but i started ds when i was level 48! then i got to cl when i was lvl 55! with my experince on MMOs, it is actually better to be lower in higher places.

cya, need any help, i am usually in celestia , server seraph or wraith area 1

level 57 theugrist Charles Goldward 8)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
SilverIsis wrote:
While I don't think it would be impossible but incredably difficult, you might have problems particularly without your Level 42 spell. But if you use traps and blades to boost your damage and your highest attack spell, you might survive. No guarantees!

I'm at Level 44 and I just got to DS and I find it challenging.
dude, why would you say its challenging? that would make him nervous.

Charles Goldward 8)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
The thing is, everyone comes in an area at their own pace. If you have made it to DS, you have obviously met the required quests and completed them.

I do all quests, so I always enter a world at a higher level. Easier for me to battle with higher spells, gear and health - can't say enough about that. I can solo most fights.

You will know how you are doing as you go through your quests. Are you dying too often? Think about it - would you have lasted longer if you had this spell or higher equipment, etc.

You can go back to previous areas and do more sides to help you get experience and level. Just keep in mind that if you beat Malistaire before you hit 48, you will not get the quest from Ambrose that will send you to CL.

Delver
May 31, 2009
most people are between 40 and 45 when they start DS. DS is meant tobe challenging for you at those levels, you can actually make it to DS by level 35 by skipping the side quests!?!?!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009

it doesnt really matter wat lvl. u r i went 2 DS at 37 so i dont think u r undr lvl.

Emma SeaWalker lvl. 39
Thuergist
DS

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
I think you should do ok. You don't have Hydra/lvl 42 gear yet and whatnot, but I think you should be fine. A few days in Dragonspyre should get you up at least two or three levels.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
I'm Lvl 44, I think you might need to lvl up a bit. Go to MB and MS and take some side quest

Rlyee Dragonrider
LvL 44
DS

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Tom5194 wrote:

dude you shold do just a few more quests because I was lvl. 43 when I sarted DS.

ps: Always remember to stay at a good leveling rate :( :D :) :-)

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
moon2300 wrote:
Did you finish Marleybone and Mooshu? If you did than you might want to fight in Grizzleheim and help others to level up. I love fighting by myself, but in DS I might need help.

Mackenzie Thunder Whisper, lvl 46, Storm and Death

I had to wait to do the quest:THE BIGGER THEY ARE.

(beat a 8,000 health grendell).

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Tom5194 wrote:

No don't listen to them you are just fine I got to DS at level 39 and I did well I am now a level 60 death. Judgement is better than hydra so you don't need to worry. Just keep going.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
If you were a diviner, you might be all right, especially with good health clothing and the like. But since you are a sorcerer, you're basically like my friend repeating herself all over again. She was level 40 Balance in Dragonspyre, and she kept dying and dying and dying. She was calling me and other friends for help all the darn time.

However, it may have simply been that she was not good at strategizing. If you are, you may have a much larger chance at surviving. 40 is a bit low, but enjoy yourself and do your best!

Good luck,

Kestrel MoonShard~~
Level 51 Thaumaturge.