Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Acution Mega Snacks? Fix This!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I have not been playing much lately, too much going on IRL. But, I got on today, and my friend told me all about this gardening glitch. I did pop on to get my free elixers, but had no idea what all the fuss was about, but always happy to get free stuff.

Anyway, then my friend told me that Mega Snacks can no longer be sold or bought at the Bazaar! So, I went to my bank, got one and tried to sell it. Yep, it says No Auction!

I am sure KI likes having Game of the Year/Decade titles. Likes being The MMO. But Honestly, I am going to say and predict this. If Mega snacks are not changed back, people hate the pet games. People also hate to farm for gold. Mega Snacks helped everyone out in many different ways. Not everyone has cash to spend and at the cost of Mega Snacks when Crowns are not on Sale, the price is outrageous!

I think that If KI does not change mega snacks back, they will lose lots of sales in mega snacks, and lots of gamers, because the pet games are boring and monotonous. I will not threaten or say anything, but I do lead by example. So, KI, what fix do you have in mind, because I would really like to know!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Sounds like your having some of your own cheese? Taste good? Stop whining, mega snack packs are a privilege not your right! If you don't agree with the price there are Lots of creatures around the spiral that drop items you can feed your pet and guess what?? They're free :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Sounds like your having some of your own cheese? Taste good? Stop whining, mega snack packs are a privilege not your right! If you don't agree with the price there are Lots of creatures around the spiral that drop items you can feed your pet and guess what?? They're free :)

Actually, from what I understand, KI made Mega Snacks no auction, because people were exploiting a glitch in farming. Go figure, everyone says, there is no way to cheat in the game, yet, people got banned from this? Meaning you can! Just as long as you don't cost KI money, you are fine.

And it figures you would not read the entire post Travis, but I would expect nothing less from you. You may like the pet mini games and their monotonous tone, however not all players do. I know a LOT of players that hunted for mega snacks at the bazaar, because buying some is one thing, buying enough to get all pets to epic is another. So, trust me as I say this, if nothing is done by KI, they will lose more than they possibly think. Then I will be able to say I told you so. They might even beg me to take a job with them, but I will refuse, because they refuse to listen to the best advice ever given to them. Greed only goes so far in a game, but take it too far and there are other games out there that are not as greedy!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Wow. Just wow.

Just so I don't get attacked for not reading the entire post, I'll sum it up:

You don't like the fact that mega pet snacks can no longer be sold/bought at the bazaar. This is because you don't like the pet games and using mega snacks makes training your pets so much easier. You say not everyone has the money to spend on the mega snack packs in the crown shop.

People also apparently hate the pet game, they hate farming for gold but by being able to buy and sell mega snacks at the bazaar, this hatered was somehow nullified.

If KI doesn't allow mega snacks to be sold in the bazaar, people who buy the mega snack pack from the crown shop will stop doing so and so KI will lose money.

Lastly, you lead by example. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything but maybe you have a huge in game following and you are trying to say if you left you would take a lot of people with you.

From your second post, I gather that people hunted for the mega snacks in the bazaar and i'm not sure what you are trying to say with the rest of the sentence after that.

You again reiterate that KI will lose money because of this and so will turn to you and offer you a job to fix it but you'll refuse because they didn't take your advice before and your advice is the best advice they have ever been given in nearly three years of creating a highly successful and award winning mmo.

Hopefully I got everything there. Now here is my advice:

Go farming for mega snacks. I haven't been to Celestia yet but I gather that monsters will drop mega snacks there. Along the way, you will also probably get some more normal snacks. Another option is to craft some snacks. I no the snack recipe vendors in DS and GH have some decent 6 point snacks and I have gotten some really good 5, 6 and 7 point snacks as drops in DS.

Now while you may hate the pet games, not everyone does. I personally don't like the food drop one that increases your strength so I don't play it. I make up for that deficiency by selecting options in the other games that will add to my strength and crafting pet snacks that favor strength more.

I very seriously doubt KI will change this back if it opened a huge exploit in the game. So you will have to make a decision. Keep playing W101 and not do anything with pets. Keep playing W101 and train pets, with the realization that it may take you longer because you have more limited access to mega snacks. Stop playing W101 altogether.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Before gardening mega snack packs were a crown only item. Now they gave us the chance to obtain them through the gardening process. What more would you like them to do, hand you a free one for every time you complain about it? I know how you like free stuff but they are trying to run a business. Mabye you should change your snack pack strategy and grow a garden rather than hanging out at the bazaar. Here's the thing, getting a pet to epic is a long but rewarding process for those who are willing to take the time to do it. For those who want to pay extra and speed up the process there are options. I don't enjoy pet games either but am grateful to KI and the designers for the oportunity to use the advanced pet system. Wait what's that sound? It's coming for you this time. Lol. Listen if your upset with hatching or advanced pets you should try something else! Just sayin.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
How is having mega snacks no auction considered greedy?

Mega snacks is a CROWNS item. No other crowns item other than treasure cards can be sold at auction. Frankly, I was surprised that they could be sold at auction when they first started offering them.

Was it nice that those sold at auction at one time? Yes. I even bought a few when I saw them. But as with many things, the bad actions of a few caused the end of something many people enjoyed.

You can still get mega snacks through harvesting plants. I have gotten several over the last few days so they are still obtainable to the people that don't have crowns.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Isn't someone quite full of himself.

You and every friend you have could quit and they wouldn't notice you were gone. They have over 10 million players.

KI is a business in the market to make money first and foremost. Not to make the game enjoyable to you alone. If you read the posts here and on other fan sites, there is a severe minority of people complaining about mega snacks being no auction. Most people will pay for them like KI intended or farm for them through gardening, also the way that KI intended and not through cheats and exploits.

If you think otherwise, go ahead and stop playing and see if they post on here begging you to come back....I'll keep an avid eye out for the post.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I think that mega snacks should be allowed in auction. I recently bought 10$ worth of mega snacks in crowns and it barely got my pet from adult to ancient, much less to epic! At the price mega snack packs are currently,(2500 crowns or 5$) nobody will buy them. KI has made many changes too make pets a much bigger part of Wizard 101, and now they are undermining the importance of pets! Without the Mega snacks, it makes pet games slow, boring, and monotonous. The pet games are fine, but one can only play so many. Those are my 2 cents,
Sincerly,
A concerned wizard.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
9lemonlime9 wrote:
I think that mega snacks should be allowed in auction. I recently bought 10$ worth of mega snacks in crowns and it barely got my pet from adult to ancient, much less to epic! At the price mega snack packs are currently,(2500 crowns or 5$) nobody will buy them. KI has made many changes too make pets a much bigger part of Wizard 101, and now they are undermining the importance of pets! Without the Mega snacks, it makes pet games slow, boring, and monotonous. The pet games are fine, but one can only play so many. Those are my 2 cents,
Sincerly,
A concerned wizard.

It doesn't matter if you use mega snacks or not, the pet games get monotonous. If you choose to use the mega snacks because you are patience challenged, then I would suggest that you buy $60 worth of crowns at one time lowering the price to $1 for 1000 crowns. That cuts the cost in half. Otherwise, I would suggest that you craft snacks (which will go even quicker as soon as the new updates are released due to the reduction in cool down times) and train yourself out of energy twice a day with them. That's what I do, and it typically take about a week to train a pet to epic, all for no additional cost. If you're in a real hurry, use several wizards. As for nobody buying snack packs... you did. I did. Probably everyone in this thread has. Is it expensive? Yes, but occasionally we all get impatient and suddenly that crowns price doesn't look too bad.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Got a good laugh out of this one, well said :) the pet process is fine the way it is, keeps pets, that people work hard to obtain, rare. Some people just want everything handed to them, when others are putting the time and effort to make it happen. I laugh again briefly before closing.

Ranos131 wrote:
Wow. Just wow.

Just so I don't get attacked for not reading the entire post, I'll sum it up:

You don't like the fact that mega pet snacks can no longer be sold/bought at the bazaar. This is because you don't like the pet games and using mega snacks makes training your pets so much easier. You say not everyone has the money to spend on the mega snack packs in the crown shop.

People also apparently hate the pet game, they hate farming for gold but by being able to buy and sell mega snacks at the bazaar, this hatered was somehow nullified.

If KI doesn't allow mega snacks to be sold in the bazaar, people who buy the mega snack pack from the crown shop will stop doing so and so KI will lose money.

Lastly, you lead by example. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything but maybe you have a huge in game following and you are trying to say if you left you would take a lot of people with you.

From your second post, I gather that people hunted for the mega snacks in the bazaar and i'm not sure what you are trying to say with the rest of the sentence after that.

You again reiterate that KI will lose money because of this and so will turn to you and offer you a job to fix it but you'll refuse because they didn't take your advice before and your advice is the best advice they have ever been given in nearly three years of creating a highly successful and award winning mmo.

Hopefully I got everything there. Now here is my advice:

Go farming for mega snacks. I haven't been to Celestia yet but I gather that monsters will drop mega snacks there. Along the way, you will also probably get some more normal snacks. Another option is to craft some snacks. I no the snack recipe vendors in DS and GH have some decent 6 point snacks and I have gotten some really good 5, 6 and 7 point snacks as drops in DS.

Now while you may hate the pet games, not everyone does. I personally don't like the food drop one that increases your strength so I don't play it. I make up for that deficiency by selecting options in the other games that will add to my strength and crafting pet snacks that favor strength more.

I very seriously doubt KI will change this back if it opened a huge exploit in the game. So you will have to make a decision. Keep playing W101 and not do anything with pets. Keep playing W101 and train pets, with the realization that it may take you longer because you have more limited access to mega snacks. Stop playing W101 altogether.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, time to respond to everyone responding to my messages!

First off, yes, I am full of myself. After reading the responses, it just proves that most of you, don't even know what you are talking about when you do respond.

Next, some of you try and rebuke me, just because I put you in your place in another post.

Now, to set the record straight.

Mega Snacks Can NOT be farmed anywhere in the Game, they are not drops, although they should be, that would END my frustration.

Now, yes, you can Garden them now, atleast some of them, which is why this whole problem occurred. Why does a few people that cheat have to ruin the game for everyone? Why should we have to pay for what a few people have done? Mega Snacks have been on Auction block since they came out, why change them now? An Official Response would be good here!

Yes, you can craft Snacks, or get snacks that are level 6 and 7. Some of them have what, 8 to 10 xp. Now, compare that to a Mega snack! 25 to 50xp. Now, compare each one to a pet that nees 1000 xp to get to epic. 50 x 20 = 1000

A feeling of accomplishment? You must be one of those that barely has any epic pets. I have close to 40 or 50 epic pets. So, unless you have a real rebuke, save your self motivation for yourself.

Now, it has not been long, so people might be giving KI time to address this problem. I know I am and my friends are! Since, most of the time, KI does make the right decision. I am not even sure why I am addressing this, because no matter what, KI will see how much money they are losing with mega snacks being non auction and change them back, but I hope they do it before they lose customers, because no, not all have patience. I have some, but I lack patience for stupidity, and there is a lot of that around here!
Hence the reason I am rude to some on posts!

I think that covers most of the responses to my post, if not, I did not deem you worthy of even bothering to.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Seems like the cheaters ruined it for everyone. It is pretty much the same thing with the whiners in this game. They don't like a spell, and complain trying to get it changed when nothing is wrong with it. This is kinda the same situation. The cheaters do something bad then the people who do nothing wrong have to pay for it.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
It is my belief KI made them No Auction because a ton of the snacks from the exploit were bought and sold at the Bazaar. People who bought lots of them for gold certainly won't be spending crowns any time soon for them. I am sure many of them are still floating around in peoples backpacks and banks. This action lets the "market" re-adjust itself from that influx and that is why the action was taken IMO. Perhaps KI will re-visit this at some point in the future.

"I think that If KI does not change mega snacks back, they will lose lots of sales in mega snacks, and lots of gamers, because the pet games are boring and monotonous."

I take exception to that one statement. Having masses of the Crown snacks being sold in the Bazaar for gold cost KI sales. Why pay real money (Crowns) for something readily available for gold? Nope making people buy them again makes KI money. I work my pets. I just do it a little at a time. The games drive me crazy. I am in no hurry. Pets are totally optional. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it or you can do it just enough to get your card.

Megan

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
darthjt wrote:

First off, yes, I am full of myself. After reading the responses, it just proves that most of you, don't even know what you are talking about when you do respond.

Next, some of you try and rebuke me, just because I put you in your place in another post.

Mega Snacks Can NOT be farmed anywhere in the Game, they are not drops, although they should be, that would END my frustration.

Now, yes, you can Garden them now, atleast some of them, which is why this whole problem occurred. Why does a few people that cheat have to ruin the game for everyone? Why should we have to pay for what a few people have done? Mega Snacks have been on Auction block since they came out, why change them now? An Official Response would be good here!

Yes, you can craft Snacks, or get snacks that are level 6 and 7. Some of them have what, 8 to 10 xp. Now, compare that to a Mega snack! 25 to 50xp. Now, compare each one to a pet that nees 1000 xp to get to epic. 50 x 20 = 1000

A feeling of accomplishment? You must be one of those that barely has any epic pets. I have close to 40 or 50 epic pets. So, unless you have a real rebuke, save your self motivation for yourself.

Now, it has not been long, so people might be giving KI time to address this problem. I know I am and my friends are! Since, most of the time, KI does make the right decision. I am not even sure why I am addressing this, because no matter what, KI will see how much money they are losing with mega snacks being non auction and change them back, but I hope they do it before they lose customers, because no, not all have patience. I have some, but I lack patience for stupidity, and there is a lot of that around here!

I think that covers most of the responses to my post, if not, I did not deem you worthy of even bothering to.

"I have no patience for stupidity thats why I'm rude" Qoute this "Better to look like a fool than open your mouth, and remove all doubt"

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Okay so Mega Snacks don't get dropped by monsters. I think the reason I was confused was because of your second post where you said, "Actually, from what I understand, KI made Mega Snacks no auction, because people were exploiting a glitch in farming. "

Farming = going around an area collecting items. This means either looking and collecting reagents or battling monsters to collect the gold and/or drops they give you.

What you meant to say was gardening. I hadn't heard anything about this glitch so could only go off what I was reading in other posts.

darthjt wrote:

What a few people do can reveal problems. When the problems are revealed, they get fixed. Sometimes that means just a small part of the game that effects nobody and sometimes it means a small part that effects a lot of people. Welcome to the gaming industry. That's how it has always worked and that's how it will always work.

Now, if you can garden for some of these mega snacks, then get the plants that give the snacks and do some gardening for a while. Build up your stock of mega snacks and when you have a sufficient number, switch over to training your pets.

darthjt wrote:

Well at least we know you can do multiplication. I have no idea what the numbers 50 and 20 have anything to do with this conversation but okay. In addition, it takes 1000 xp to get a pet from ancient to epic. To get a pet from baby to epic actually takes 1875 xp.

Now assuming you actually try at the pet games and get 3-4 xp from playing it, then you would have to play the games 469-625 times to get up to 1875. Even with the drops I get in DS along with the snacks I can craft, I can have snacks that will give me 5-8 xp each. So adding all that up the minimum number of times you would have to play pet games would be 157 and the max would be 235. Yes that is a lot but you don't have many options.

If you did some gardening for mega snacks first, you could reduce those numbers quite a bit. You won't train your pets as fast as you used to, but there is nothing you can do about it since they won't reintroduce an exploit just to please you.

darthjt wrote:

How will they lose money on mega snack packs? You still haven't explained that one. If people were gardening mega snacks and then selling them at the bazaar or people were selling extra mega snacks from packs they had bought at the bazaar, how is removing that ability going to effect their sales? People who used to use gold to buy them at the bazaar will now have to use crowns to buy the pack. That means they will be making more money, not less.

There is no reason to be rude to people. I saw no one on here being stupid, just people questioning your reasoning and presenting good arguements for why you are wrong. So apparently anybody who questions or argues with you is stupid. If that is your attitude, then I can guarantee that your posts won't mean a whole lot to the people at KI or anyone else for that matter.

Now that I have responded to the important parts of your post, I think it would be a further waste of my time to continue in this topic since it really has no point.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Turbofreak wrote:
darthjt wrote:

"I have no patience for stupidity thats why I'm rude" Qoute this "Better to look like a fool than open your mouth, and remove all doubt"

I am sure I have used that quote in my posts before. I have many

Unfortunately, people still open their mouths and show how foolish they are, but some people will never learn.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:

First off, yes, I am full of myself.

You know, it's always nice to know that people can admit their own faults.

After reading the responses, it just proves that most of you, don't even know what you are talking about when you do respond.

*Sigh* Typical.

No, actually, you just spat out insults. But that's beside the point.

"Your frustration." Key words. You are personally frustrated.

You supported KingsIsle when other things became unauctionable... or, in one case, untradeable. Is that because you weren't at a disadvantage?

So you don't want to put in time and effort to get an epic Pet.

That's not enough epic-level Pets for you? Geez, Sloth and Avarice.

Now, it has not been long, so people might be giving KI time to address this problem. I know I am and my friends are! Since, most of the time, KI does make the right decision. I am not even sure why I am addressing this, because no matter what, KI will see how much money they are losing with mega snacks being non auction and change them back,

Wait... so having the only way to get something people used to get for free be to pay real money will make them... LOSE money? I believe an explanation is in order.

but I hope they do it before they lose customers, because no, not all have patience. I have some, but I lack patience for stupidity, and there is a lot of that around here!

Hey, we have that in common.

Oh dear, some were under the notice of a vitriol factory. How mortifying for them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ranos131 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Okay so Mega Snacks don't get dropped by monsters. I think the reason I was confused was because of your second post where you said, "Actually, from what I understand, KI made Mega Snacks no auction, because people were exploiting a glitch in farming. "

Farming = going around an area collecting items. This means either looking and collecting reagents or battling monsters to collect the gold and/or drops they give you.

What you meant to say was gardening. I hadn't heard anything about this glitch so could only go off what I was reading in other posts.

darthjt wrote:

What a few people do can reveal problems. When the problems are revealed, they get fixed. Sometimes that means just a small part of the game that effects nobody and sometimes it means a small part that effects a lot of people. Welcome to the gaming industry. That's how it has always worked and that's how it will always work.

Now, if you can garden for some of these mega snacks, then get the plants that give the snacks and do some gardening for a while. Build up your stock of mega snacks and when you have a sufficient number, switch over to training your pets.

darthjt wrote:

Well at least we know you can do multiplication. I have no idea what the numbers 50 and 20 have anything to do with this conversation but okay. In addition, it takes 1000 xp to get a pet from ancient to epic. To get a pet from baby to epic actually takes 1875 xp.

Now assuming you actually try at the pet games and get 3-4 xp from playing it, then you would have to play the games 469-625 times to get up to 1875. Even with the drops I get in DS along with the snacks I can craft, I can have snacks that will give me 5-8 xp each. So adding all that up the minimum number of times you would have to play pet games would be 157 and the max would be 235. Yes that is a lot but you don't have many options.

If you did some gardening for mega snacks first, you could reduce those numbers quite a bit. You won't train your pets as fast as you used to, but there is nothing you can do about it since they won't reintroduce an exploit just to please you.

darthjt wrote:

How will they lose money on mega snack packs? You still haven't explained that one. If people were gardening mega snacks and then selling them at the bazaar or people were selling extra mega snacks from packs they had bought at the bazaar, how is removing that ability going to effect their sales? People who used to use gold to buy them at the bazaar will now have to use crowns to buy the pack. That means they will be making more money, not less.

There is no reason to be rude to people. I saw no one on here being stupid, just people questioning your reasoning and presenting good arguements for why you are wrong. So apparently anybody who questions or argues with you is stupid. If that is your attitude, then I can guarantee that your posts won't mean a whole lot to the people at KI or anyone else for that matter.

Now that I have responded to the important parts of your post, I think it would be a further waste of my time to continue in this topic since it really has no point.

Hmmm, does someone have a guilty conscience to feel that I was exactly speaking to them? Actually, this post is one of the better ones that actually poses questions rather than states gibberish.

The only problem I had with your post, is the fact that when I was giving out figures of 20 x 50 you said, "I have no idea what the numbers 50 and 20 have anything to do with this conversation but okay"
So, if you take 50 and times it by 20, you get 1000. 50 is most a mega snack can be worth, so if you have 20 of them, you can get 1000 xp, plus if you are good and get 4 points every game, that is 1080xp. And yes, it does require 1875xp to take a pet from baby to Epic, very good!

Now, how will KI lose money you asked? Since Mega snacks were introduced into this game, they have always been able to be auctioned off. Now, you can buy gold for crowns, but if you look at the ratio for how much gold you get per crown. It is rather pathetic. Now, if you sold a mega snack at the bazaar, you get 1000 for each level 8 and 1100 for each level 9 mega snack. So, once again, we turn to mathmatics. 7300 gold for 2500 crowns. Much better deal than you could get with anything else. I know A lot of people who bought mega snacks and sold them for easy gold, to do hatches and what not. Yes, I know it is easy to make gold, but a lot of people out there have no patience. But with the ratio of crowns to gold, not sure how much they will sell that way now, with mega snacks as no auction.

Also, for those of you that don't know, during gardening, people would put plants on top of plants using the box carpet method. When doing this, when your plant got to elder, you could keep harvesting it and it would never go away. This is the glitch that was discovered, so some people got a lot of mega snacks from this glitch and would sell them at the bazaar, making a lot of gold quickly. Now, from what I understand, the people that used this glitch were banned, but the damage was done, so they put mega snacks as no auction because some people needed to cheat.

I am not into gardening. I never have used this glitch, if I had, I don't think I would be complaining, because I would have had more mega snacks than I would know what to do with. Yet, the actions of a few should not ruin the game for the rest of the players, is my whole point. Sorry, but if a class was going on a field trip and 2 kids got into a fight, I don't think it would be fair to cancel the entire field trip because 2 kids could not behave themeselves. Yet, this is the actions that the rest of you are condoning.

As far as FoxFyr is concerned. LOL is all I have to say you are funny, I give you that

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
O, judgement, thou art fled to brutish beasts, and men have lost their reason...

Sorry, I have Shakespeare on the brain. Now, about the Mega Snacks being taken off the auction?

Last I checked, Mega Snacks were Crown Items, so in retrospect, they shouldn't have been auctionable anyway.

Secondly, there are other ways to get the Mega Snacks. First, GET SOME CROWNS.

'But Crowns cost money!'

Zeke and I beg to differ:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/475/1662.ftl (Bottom of page)

Also, this has already been stated, but you can Harvest Mega Snacks as well.

You pointed out some sort of gardening glitch that allowed you to indefinitely Harvest Elder Plants and get all the Mega Snacks they need, and KI is losing money, and rant, and rant, and blah, and blah, and zzz....

*snort!* Oh, sorry. Red whine makes me drowsy.

Anyway, what's keeping you from playing fair and properly earning stuff just for the self-satisfaction of EARNING IT? Oh, wait...

Sorry, I just forgot who you were for a second.

Lastly, you tell us that the Pet Games will be hated if this stands. Ooh, scary! The Pet Pavilion is the backbone of Wizard101! If 2000 out of the 10,000,000+ people playing stop using the Pet Pavilion, W101 will go bankrupt in a week, TOPS, because subscriptions cost no money, and the only thing people buy with Crowns are Mega Snacks! Aah!!!

I think I've made my point.

And I know your going to try to flame me for this, which will only succeed in brightening my day even further. There's nothing more self-fulfilling than going to the zoo and feeding the trolls.

So, you have a choice. Don't reply and give me the last word, or give me one of your famous fiery posts and make me laugh. Either way, I win.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Mega Snack Harvester

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
O, judgement, thou art fled to brutish beasts, and men have lost their reason...

Sorry, I have Shakespeare on the brain. Now, about the Mega Snacks being taken off the auction?

Last I checked, Mega Snacks were Crown Items, so in retrospect, they shouldn't have been auctionable anyway.

So, what you are saying, is that all crown items should not be auctionable? Does that include taking off treasure cards then? Most of those that are sold at the bazaar have been bought for crowns and sold for gold, so your point is null and void!

Secondly, there are other ways to get the Mega Snacks. First, GET SOME CROWNS.

'But Crowns cost money!'

Zeke and I beg to differ:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/475/1662.ftl (Bottom of page)

Thank you so much for the information on how to get crowns, I would never have known if it was not for you! You are so informative.

Also, this has already been stated, but you can Harvest Mega Snacks as well.

Really? You can grow plants that give mega snacks? You don't say! WOW! Is this the reason that mega snacks were taken off the auction block and the whole reason for this post? I think so

You pointed out some sort of gardening glitch that allowed you to indefinitely Harvest Elder Plants and get all the Mega Snacks they need, and KI is losing money, and rant, and rant, and blah, and blah, and zzz....

Sorry if details bore you, but some people, present company included, just don't seem to understand. Was hoping to shed a little light on the situation, but unfortunately, the easiest concepts seem to hard to grasp for some!

*snort!* Oh, sorry. Red whine makes me drowsy.

No worries, I got a fresh new batch of cheese for you!

Anyway, what's keeping you from playing fair and properly earning stuff just for the self-satisfaction of EARNING IT? Oh, wait...

Sorry, I just forgot who you were for a second.

Obviously, you are missing my point entirely. 1+1=2 I am sorry if that concept is too hard for you, I am not sure how to explain things any easier.

Lastly, you tell us that the Pet Games will be hated if this stands. Ooh, scary! The Pet Pavilion is the backbone of Wizard101! If 2000 out of the 10,000,000+ people playing stop using the Pet Pavilion, W101 will go bankrupt in a week, TOPS, because subscriptions cost no money, and the only thing people buy with Crowns are Mega Snacks! Aah!!!

I never said that pet games will be hated if this stands. You really need to go back to english class so you can learn to understand what you read. Also, you really seem to fail when it comes to mulitplication and statistics. Do you think I am the only one that feels this way? You think me and each of my friends, who spend more money in a month on this game than you will in 3 years or more, you don't think we matter? What is the old saying, money talks while bull walks? When the money starts to walk, things change real fast, but I will let actions speak louder than my words. Mark my words, mega snacks will go back to auction.

I think I've made my point.

What was your point again? Because I have not seen a point yet.

And I know your going to try to flame me for this, which will only succeed in brightening my day even further. There's nothing more self-fulfilling than going to the zoo and feeding the trolls.

Try, who needs to try, when you do it on your own.

So, you have a choice. Don't reply and give me the last word, or give me one of your famous fiery posts and make me laugh. Either way, I win.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Mega Snack Harvester

You don't think I get a good laugh at these posts? FoxFyr and you are both histerical. At least you tried a rebuttle rather than just critique a post.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt, condescendingly dismissing someone's words doesn't change the fact that they're there.

Also, as Superwiz1560 says, even if 2,000 people or so quit due to this, so what? KingsIsle isn't going bankrupt over it. In less two and a half years, about 15 million people joined. That's literally over 15,000 players a day. I checked. That 2,000 would be made up in under four hours, at that rate.

Oh yeah. One more thing.

If you lead by example, where are your "followers" on the Forum? In every conversation you've been in that I've seen (and I see many things), no one joined the side you were on after you that's of note, and no one attributed it to you.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
...condescendingly dismissing someone's words doesn't change the fact that they're there.

There's trolls in the dungeon! They are notoriously thick-skulled, and only respond to being ignored.

Scarlet, Iridian, Moira

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
...condescendingly dismissing someone's words doesn't change the fact that they're there.

There's trolls in the dungeon! They are notoriously thick-skulled, and only respond to being ignored.

Scarlet, Iridian, Moira

Yeah, I know that. It's just sort of rude to ignore a thread's original poster. Also, no one here agrees with him, so there'd be no conversation.

Eh, heck with it. I'll give it a whirl.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:

uh...Mega Snacks most certainly CAN be looted from monsters in Celestia. i got a few today in fact.

and i have to agree with the above poster, they are a CROWNS items and should never have been able to be sold at bazaar in the first place. consider yourself lucky to have been able to sell/buy them in the first place.

KI isn't going to change anything as there is nothing wrong. if you don't want to use rank 6 food and ONLY rank 8-9 will do for you then i suggest you get a job and buy them like everyone else. you are one voice out of 10 million and you are alone. no one agrees with you.

what next? you will complain that your level 1 alt can't wear Legendary gear? go troll somewhere else.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
It's official: day brightened. :D :D

Here's why: Efreet must have swung his sword through your post, because 90% of your retaliation is weak.

So, what you are saying, is that all crown items should not be auctionable? Does that include taking off treasure cards then? Most of those that are sold at the bazaar have been bought for crowns and sold for gold, so your point is null and void!

Your point is voider. Pardon my grammer. Here's why. Every monster in the game and their mother drops some sort of Treasure Card. Yeah, you can buy Treasure Cards in the Crown Shop, but Treasure Cards themselves are not Crown Items.

Really? You can grow plants that give mega snacks? You don't say! WOW! Is this the reason that mega snacks were taken off the auction block and the whole reason for this post? I think so

Really? I don't. From what you said in your OP, you're upset that you can't buy Mega Snacks from the bazaar, which cost a whole mess of gold when they were available. For about 15% of the price of the former Bazaar Mega Snacks, you can buy a whole bucnh of Baby Carrots and Cornbread Fruit Bushes, which have an OBSCENE ratio of giving Mega Snacks to giving regular high level snacks. I'd love to see you refute this, since apparently, Gardening isn't your thing.

Sorry if details bore you, but some people, present company included, just don't seem to understand. Was hoping to shed a little light on the situation, but unfortunately, the easiest concepts seem to hard to grasp for some!

Don't worry, I can grasp the concept. What I can't grasp is how thick your skull is that you can't even process what others are trying to say.

No worries, I got a fresh new batch of cheese for you!

Chedder or Swiss?

Obviously, you are missing my point entirely. 1+1=2 I am sorry if that concept is too hard for you, I am not sure how to explain things any easier.

I've got to be honest. It was this particular scrap of nonsense that really made me laugh. What does Pre-Kindergarten math have to do with your point on the Mega Snacks? Also, you say you can't say it any easier. That's your problem, genius. If you'd stop talking down to people and speak to them like they're mature human beings instead of toddlers, maybe I'd have some respect for you on these threads. I'll admit, people say some ignorant stuff on the boards. I've said some stupid stuff that I wish I could take back, too (there's your fodder, fire the cannon if you will. 8) 8)). But I don't flat out troll all over their naive idea. I give them reasons why I think the idea isn't good.

Sorry. I stepped off the path there, didn't I?

I never said that pet games will be hated if this stands.

Yeah you did. Should I remind you?

If Mega snacks are not changed back, people hate the pet games.

You really need to go back to english class so you can learn to understand what you read.

I take Honors Literature. Trust me, I know what I'm reading. But I digress.

Also, you really seem to fail when it comes to mulitplication and statistics.

Did I mention that I also take Algebra 2? But I digress.

Do you think I am the only one that feels this way?

Well, as FoxFyr said, I don't see anyone backing you up.

The rest of your post is just jargon that I can't interpret...

Oh, before I go, I'm sorry I didn't think you were smart enough to know how to get crowns. That was my bad.

Also, to stay on thread topic, I don't think that Mega Snacks will be coming back to the Bazaar. Does anyone else?

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Cheese Aficionado