Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I have heard that usually people who go first win about 70% of the time. I pretty much agree with that. Its no mystery that going first is a huge advantage. We can't escape the fact that someone always has to go first. How many out there have experienced a day where you always seem to go second. I know there is virtual "coin flipping" before so its presented as a fair shake for all.

This could be an idea for a test realm to see how it works out:
Have a random number generator from 1-60 be rotating at a fast rate before the match and each person clicks within 10 seconds. The person with the highest number goes first. While it may be doing the same thing it gives the players a feeling of a little more control or investment in their chance.

Another option would be to do that before each turn. The spins would not happen during stuns. The two issues would be 1) it would extend the time of the match- but not by much and 2) There is a chance a person could get consecutive turns. The flip side of that it levels the playing field of the enormous (almost unfair) advantage of the same person going first the entire match.