Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance haters?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
i was playing pvp one day when i fought a death person and won using judgemnt then he started following me around in pvp to all my matches and yelling out what i use

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
fangblade11 wrote:
i was playing pvp one day when i fought a death person and won using judgemnt then he started following me around in pvp to all my matches and yelling out what i use
Thats mean hi im a balance person no one has did that to me before :(

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Hmm.

I am not sure if this would be a bad enough issue as to where you should report him, but just tell him to stop.

I, myself, am not a fan of balance wizards ... no offense. It makes me mad how they can defeat you in almost always one shot with judgement. :(

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Honestly? My first thought was Death shouldn't be losing to Balance. But then I remembered all the Deaths I've cheated out of those few points to Warlord or the few keeping them on Commander. Ahh... Good times, good times.

Maybe he was a kid that hated losing. Maybe he was just one of the millions of haters in the world. But Judgement IS kinda cheap...

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I always challenge them to a rematch, beat them, then beat them however many times more they ask for a rematch. I'm a more elemental balance, I like to use spectral blast and hydra to do my damage. I wish I had someone yelling out the strategy I used on them, I change my deck every duel for the sake of variety.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
sounds like the person who beat you was a poor sport.. they should have been tower shielding and putting weakness on you if they didn't want dinged.. keep dinging cause balance is a good school- and if they follow you around- just leave the arena for 10 minutes and he will have a new person to follow around. some people can't take being beat- by anyone- not just balance- hang in there- we all deal with people like this.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As far as balance-haters go, I'm one of the biggest. Even more ironic- I am a level 50 Grandmaster sorceress, and I find it sad that I dislike my own school this much. Here's why:

1. It's painfully-obvious that the game favours the Life and Death schools (as I've mentioned before, it has to, otherwise the Malistaire/Sylvia Drake subplot wouldn't hold up). Both have several advantages, both in PvP and PvE, including the fact that both get a nice boost against Balance wizards (though we don't get one back)- try being a balance wizard, and fighting against a theurgist with first-cast advantage in PvP. No matter how many shields/traps/blades you have, you can't win, because they will keep healing, all the while saving their pips (because Life wizards can use power pips on heal) then waste you with 2 centaurs in a row, all boosted. Oh, and for anyone who wants to whine about Judgment being "overpowered", you are totally wrong- by the time you get enough pips to do any real damage, chances are the other person has already fully healed or sucked you dry with a bunch of wraiths.

Anyone who argues this is likely a Life or Death wizard, who has never fought one in PvP with a balance mage, because necromancers can kill in 2 hits and no one can out-heal a theurgist, even with boosts.

2. Balance is a defense-school. It is not attack-based, has very few strong spells, and is all shields and blades until level 35 or so- I have a feeling that it was intended to be a secondary class, rather than a primary one. If I had known this, I never would have picked it as a primary class- I just went with it, because that's where the test put me, and I can't help but feel that it was a huge mistake.

My man jokes that Balance is supposed to teach me patience, but all it does is make me want to rip my hair out- and I'm well-over 18. I used to like this game, but now it just reminds me of why, until now, I've avoided RPGs like the plague. I'm off to play TS2 now- killing them for fun is rather amusing, and therapeutic, after all of this.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
As far as balance-haters go, I'm one of the biggest. Even more ironic- I am a level 50 Grandmaster sorceress, and I find it sad that I dislike my own school this much. Here's why:

1. It's painfully-obvious that the game favours the Life and Death schools (as I've mentioned before, it has to, otherwise the Malistaire/Sylvia Drake subplot wouldn't hold up). Both have several advantages, both in PvP and PvE, including the fact that both get a nice boost against Balance wizards (though we don't get one back)- try being a balance wizard, and fighting against a theurgist with first-cast advantage in PvP. No matter how many shields/traps/blades you have, you can't win, because they will keep healing, all the while saving their pips (because Life wizards can use power pips on heal) then waste you with 2 centaurs in a row, all boosted. Oh, and for anyone who wants to whine about Judgment being "overpowered", you are totally wrong- by the time you get enough pips to do any real damage, chances are the other person has already fully healed or sucked you dry with a bunch of wraiths.

Anyone who argues this is likely a Life or Death wizard, who has never fought one in PvP with a balance mage, because necromancers can kill in 2 hits and no one can out-heal a theurgist, even with boosts.

2. Balance is a defense-school. It is not attack-based, has very few strong spells, and is all shields and blades until level 35 or so- I have a feeling that it was intended to be a secondary class, rather than a primary one. If I had known this, I never would have picked it as a primary class- I just went with it, because that's where the test put me, and I can't help but feel that it was a huge mistake.

My man jokes that Balance is supposed to teach me patience, but all it does is make me want to rip my hair out- and I'm well-over 18. I used to like this game, but now it just reminds me of why, until now, I've avoided RPGs like the plague. I'm off to play TS2 now- killing them for fun is rather amusing, and therapeutic, after all of this.

Balance is no where near as bad as you say it is, however, I will admit, if you don't have your balance setup right for PvP, you wont do very well. I have 2 Legendary Balance Wizards, so I know how to defeat anyone and everyone with a balance wizard and they are a lot more powerful than you realize.

You just need the right secondary schools and the right strategy!

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Yeah in pvp people hate ice and balance because they use cheap spells. Judgement and snow angel there both defending schools but yet they can do alot of damage with snow angel and judgement its a cheap shot. Its not being a bad sport what that guy did too you he was warning others of your spells because there cheap shots.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Yeah in pvp people hate ice and balance because they use cheap spells. Judgement and snow angel there both defending schools but yet they can do alot of damage with snow angel and judgement its a cheap shot. Its not being a bad sport what that guy did too you he was warning others of your spells because there cheap shots.

Just out of curiousity, but how are you considering any spell a cheap shot?

Is heck hound or fire elf a cheap shot? is satyr a cheap shot? is wraith or scarecrow a cheap shot? is efreet or leviathan a cheap shot?

What do you constitute as a cheap shot? just judgement and snow angel? why?

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I have read all these messages about this school or that school being over powered or they can't hold up... but all schools have their advantages and disadvantages. We all get different spells/abilities. And they are all there for us to use at our discretion.

I LOVE Balance - maybe cause it was my first legendary wizard (have a death one also.) I don't think I knew how great being balance was until I reached DS. I've learned a lot since then, and I even crafted the critical gear. I am still learning my full potential as I farm big bosses or try to solo some cl dungeons for fun (and drops!) So I think Balance just gets better and better as you progress in level and player knowledge.

I am not a regular pvp person. When I/my team have won using judgement, I have gotten criticism that it's a cheap noob move... WHATEVER! If I/we lost, I've been teased that I'm a lame Balance person. (Mind you not everyone is rude in pvp - these are extreme examples.) So win or lose, I've gotten smack talk - not very sportsman like conduct...

But it's all good though - you smack talkers say all you want. I play to have fun and improve my skills. If I lose, I say "gg." If you think you're all that, and I whipped you - I say "gg" and think to myself "Oh yeah - eat that!" :-)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, it's Judgement envy!

Balance is an elegant and strategic school of magic. It's strength is the ability to interrupt and manipulate the flow of a battle. With Judgement, patience is a virtue, and math skill a must. Critical thought is the sorceress's most valuable asset.

People who say Judgement is a cheap shot or Balance is weak are probably too impatient to work out the necessary tactics to wield infinite cosmic power!

Oh, and I hated my sorceress for a while, too, especially in Celestia. Then I crafted level 55 gear to boost balance and life spells. My fairy spell heals 1159 with critical and gear boosts. Satyr does something like 2500. Judgement will critical well over 10,000 with one balance blade and gear boosts, and Spectral Blast does 1100 regularly. I rarely use hydra, nova, and Ra.

Rowan Earthsong, Legendary Sorceress

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Lol it amazes me how people will get upset over things like this and then ask their Balance friends for blades/traps all the time in normal battle.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Honestly, balance wizards are becoming to depending on judgement. My balance only has one or 2 judgement cards in his deck and he could have 7. No offense but people that use judgement all the time don't have much skill because they don't know how to use the other cards. They only rely on one spell. Sorry my fellow balance wizards, it's the truth.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Honestly, balance wizards are becoming to depending on judgement. My balance only has one or 2 judgement cards in his deck and he could have 7. No offense but people that use judgement all the time don't have much skill because they don't know how to use the other cards. They only rely on one spell. Sorry my fellow balance wizards, it's the truth.

Haha see I kind of think the same thing, but kind of not. We do use Judgement a lot, but that's not really too bad. It is a great boss-killing spell. The only problem is that a lot of people hesitate with it too long. (Lol makes me want to say "Alright I get it, you can hit a lot, but we really just need to kill the 2k health boss here...") Judgement IS great and all, but people do overuse (and over hit) with it a lot. I honestly think more people should take a re-look at Hydra. when you think about it, it has the potential to hit more than Judge. (Maybe not in base damage, but with a bit of prep it can hit a lot. Even then, it takes less time than Judge ever does.)

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Not me either.

Never experienced somthing like that.

I belive there is a way for all schools.
Just use diffrent tactics and spells.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I don't pvp much, and I don't really do the "let's see if I can do a million damage" thing. If I even hit/ kill with over 5000, I'm pleased. I go in battle with a view to help someone fight an enemy or pvp.

So if the best thing I have going is Judgement, why would I refrain from using it just because people think it is overused? (Should I stop using Storm Lord on my storm wizard too?) If it gets the job done - it's exactly what was needed.

Yes I can take the time to analyze/ restructure my deck and expand my fighting skills. I'm all for learning and getting better. But for now, Judgement works - just like any other spell that comes up for me to use.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
I Wouldnt Know, I Play a lot, but i have never met a Wizard that Yell's at what I am Spelling, Some People follow me around, but those are only my Besties<3 So I WOuLd think its not a Balance h@ter, Personal Wizard: I am a BALANCE Wizard too, Soz, ME not think so

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
fangblade11 wrote:

I'd say you'd have to move to another server. Just because some people may dislike balance, it isn't a huge problem. Just ignore it, it's his opinion on balance.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:

Yeah, definitely. Also, Storm gets a name for hatred too.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:

Just out of curiousity, but how are you considering any spell a cheap shot?

Is heck hound or fire elf a cheap shot? is satyr a cheap shot? is wraith or scarecrow a cheap shot? is efreet or leviathan a cheap shot?

What do you constitute as a cheap shot? just judgement and snow angel? why?

People call these spells cheap-shots, and are nicknamed cheap-shots because they get beaten by these "cheap-shots" all the time.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

I agree. They're all ganging up on other schools with their incredibly-horribly painful pip spell, Judgement.