Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Speed Run Mode

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Alright, now I'm sure lots of people on here have already beaten Malistare, right? It gets boring to go through everything you already went through again on another character. After completing 2 characters(minus Celestia and GH quests), I came up with an idea--Speed Run. So, I made a death character and tried to get as far as possible in one night. By midnight, I had already completed WC and the Pyramid of Fire. I decided to start another one tomorrow, when it hit me--Speed Run Mode! Once you've beat Malistare and you start another character, you'll get a quest from Ambrose called "Very Speedy." He says "Hello there, new Wizard. I think you may know a very advanced wizard, named(insert wizard's name here). I have decided that, since you are probably advanced as well, that you may access Speed Run Mode." He then tells you about it. Basically, what it is is this: There is a large SPEED RUN button in the Character area of your spellbook. If you hit it and confirm that you want to enter speed run mode, then you will enter speed run mode. It will reset all of the quests you have done back to the beginning of the world you are in(you still keep all of your gear, stats, ect). There is a clock at the top of the screen timing you. You walk faster, and quests are a little easier. You can log off, but it automatically stops SR mode if you are inactive for at least 4 hours. If you are late, then it will bring you back to were you were before you started SR mode. If you complete the world you are in, though, a message will come up saying: "Congratulations! You have completed (insert world name here) in (enter time here). You have been awarded (instert X here). In the parenthasese before this sentance, there was going to be a huge thing explaining the award system, but I decided to replace it with X. Once you finish a world in SR mode, you will get a lot of gold, XP, and some exclusive gear(either boss only stuff or crowns items). The amount of gold/Xp and items you get are determined by your time. Oh, and I forgot to add that time is not taken away when you are offline. After you X out of that message, you will continue into the next world. Let me get somethings straight so I don't get many questions.
•You are not penalized if you die in SR mode(yes, you automatically get full health).
•If you are disconnected from SR mode because of inactivity, then you will be reset to where you were before you started SR mode.
•If you beat a world in SR mode that you have not beaten before(out of SR mode), then you will still advance to the next world.
•You get badges once you beat a world in SR. They look like this: "(insert name of world here) Speed Demon."
•Once you complete EVERY world in SR, you get a badge saying "Speed Demon of the Spiral."
•Mana is not used in SR mode.
•You still see other people in SR mode.
• No time is taken away when in your home.
•Bringing up the spellbook pauses your time.

I might have missed some important points, or made somethings sound too easy. Please, give me your thoughts on this. Thank you!