Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players asking for gifts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2010
I was rather surprised when more than one player asked me to gift them items costing a lot in crowns. One wanted a Valkrie Set of clothing and another wanted me to buy them a gift card and gift it to them. These were complete strangers, not friends who had helped me fight numerous duels, for example. Of course, I said no way. It's not like I'm rich or something.
Has anyone else had this problem?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yep, especially if I'm using an obviously crowns-bought item. The cheek of them, lol.

First time it happened, I turned off gifting from parental controls on my account to make sure my kids don't get conned into giving something away. I usually ignore beggars and just change realms when they start in.

If I'm feeling more feisty, I point out that they can go and wash their family car, babysit, or do some chores around the house (I assume they are usually kids or teens). Then they can take that money they earn and buy their own crowns with a gift card from common stores like Walgreens. Oddly, they never seem to like it when I point this possibility out. Seems the lazy brats want a free ride.

But lately, I'm wearing crafted clothing and "boring" mounts, so no one pesters me to buy them stuff anymore. I think it's worse when you have flashy Crowns gear and you're wandering through Wizard City Commons areas. That's where I see most of the begging and swindling going on.

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
StarLady53 wrote:
I was rather surprised when more than one player asked me to gift them items costing a lot in crowns. One wanted a Valkrie Set of clothing and another wanted me to buy them a gift card and gift it to them. These were complete strangers, not friends who had helped me fight numerous duels, for example. Of course, I said no way. It's not like I'm rich or something.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Oh yes, I have seen that a LOT of times. Whatever you do, don't gift them. They just want a free mount or something or a really epic pet or some epic clothes. One player wanted me to gift them a PALE MAIDEN! That is an example of an "epic pet" that I said earlier. Instead I got it for myself.