Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balnce or Unbalanced

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010

One disparity that is really made evident, is when a player gets to Mooshu and begins to battle the natice NPC opponents. A great percentage of these NPC players are from the BALANCE school of magic. Outside the WINTER school's -55% shield, their are no specific shields for Balance NPC opponents.

Also, NPC opponents deplete multiple shields of the same type, most notably, the MYTH defense shield and Feints. I would like to see some defense against BALANCE NPC's, other than the extreme counter measures current in game. Extreme meaning, high pip cost to use and/or cost as a Treasure Card purchase. It would also be better game play if NPC's could only utilize stack one of a type in offense, or defense, thus give a Wizard a chance at survival.

I would like to suggest that a defense shield should apply to the whole round and not just to the first NPC that strikes it. In the same context, a FIRE defense shield of -70% should apply to the whole attack spell for spells like the Fire Elf, Heckhound, and similar time lapse spells, The defense would be applied to both Wizards and NPC players.

One last item, get rid of Diego telling Wizards to just jump into a fight to help out ... More often than not, the Wizard they are trying to help gets defeated in the process.

Overall, the changes I suggest are relatively benign, but would make the game much more enjoyable for most players. It might be worth noting that such changes would facillitate players remaining in game, rather than making an exodus to greener pastures.

:? Richard Giantstrider Level 53 Death Mage