Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Casting Sacrifice on yourself at low HP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Everytime I prepared to use Sacrifice as a Death Wizard I made sure to have at least 235 HP to take the hit of the initial blast before the heal...Well one battle I miscalculated, and my HP went to 0 after the blast, and it said I was defeated...

...But I healed anyway! It seems that the damage from Sacrifice won't kill you as long as you chose to heal yourself too. I didn't know that, did anyone else? :-o

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
Yes, it also knocks off any traps that you have on...or charms/wards, so guiding light won't help, but it's nice to come back to life without any traps.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
On the flip side of that, if you chose to heal someone else in that scenario, then you would be defeated. I did that once on my Death wiz before I learne dhow to use it.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
yes i found that out a long time ago when a friend thought they had goofed casting it on them self. mu death does it today as it does work.

Delver
May 26, 2009
I knew that after trying it out later in the game. That's one of the better aspects of Sacrifice

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Oh, and try using sacrifice when you have the death shield on yourself. You'll be happy with the results. Try to avoid using sacrifice when you have the Death blade on you.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The best time to use Sacrifice is when the enemy just threw a Weakness on you. Toss on a death shield and enjoy the nearly painless healing!

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
yes death shield or if you have low health and someone has a fire dragon on you use it if the dragon dont kill oyu it can knock off the fire dragon poison or skeletal dragon over time damage which can make oyu last just a bit longer