Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what school are they ? teachers plz respond

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
every one in cl knows about the astral schools and apparently so do the enemys but since there is only the astral school symbol on them how are we supposed to know what school they are? I mean it get kind of annoying getting into battle with an enemy you know nothing about so why do we just have to guess what school they are, it is really hard sometimes because we may not have a prism in our deck and it takes forever for us to defeat the enemy while they can just kill us with one hit sometimes? it is especially hard for us pyromancers because most of the bosses and enemys are fire

all i am asking for is that KI, or anyone, can add the school symbol so we know what we are up against

someone plz respond

David Winterstone-legendary pyromancer

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
The Celestial Remnant are Astral school, but use Balance Decks. Kinda like some earlier enemies we had were Fire School but used Balance Decks, Life School but used Fire decks. Not sure what the rest are, but they have a tendency to be one school and use a different school's deck. The way I tell is by the first few spells, see what the majority of them are. Being a Balance student, imagine my dismay when the Remnant start throwing my own spells back at me!

Explorer
May 26, 2010
man it going to be that hard? i need to stay in ds

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I think i figured out the weaknesses of star, moon and sun! Ice beats sun, fire beats moon, and myth beats star. Please try it to see if I am right. I've fought this kind of person before but try it.

Christopher Bluesword: level 58 thurmaturege

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
crazyguy20 wrote:
man it going to be that hard? i need to stay in ds

Actually, the astral school enemies are typically the easiest to beat (not counting test of the spheres area bosses who cheat), as their power pips are worthless. Aside from casting spells like Fortify and Augment (which are zero pip spells), these guys cast normal attack spells. Since their astral school creatures, those normal spells are non-primary school spells for them, and their power pips are no more effective than normal pips.

Historian
May 01, 2010
DeathRun wrote:
every one in cl knows about the astral schools and apparently so do the enemys but since there is only the astral school symbol on them how are we supposed to know what school they are? I mean it get kind of annoying getting into battle with an enemy you know nothing about so why do we just have to guess what school they are, it is really hard sometimes because we may not have a prism in our deck and it takes forever for us to defeat the enemy while they can just kill us with one hit sometimes? it is especially hard for us pyromancers because most of the bosses and enemys are fire

all i am asking for is that KI, or anyone, can add the school symbol so we know what we are up against

someone plz respond

David Winterstone-legendary pyromancer

well i say its EASIER for fire guys because to things, yes you have to put on converts but that makes the spell bost them, doing even more damage, doubled with fire being the second most powerful (attack wise) school.
also this is what i know...
star-50%resist to fire and boost to storm
moon-boost to fire
sun-?
havent gotten to the area yet