Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
An amazing buff spell would be a actually blade for balance spells.
Ex (35% to next balance spell).
That would be good.
Same with a trap for balance spells

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
my idea is make some cards for all the schools like sheilds and then strong cards

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Softball61098 wrote:
I would like a card for balance where it is a hydra except it does myth,death, and life.

Madeline Dunewalker
LVL. 52 Balance

Madeline Dunewalker is so right and we need a sheild and stronger cards

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
hi i would like to add a spell to ice school and its a spell called mega blast and its a blade that adds 35 plus to any ice spell because i used all my training points on death and life and i am not happy :-( and this blade can only be used an cards level 35 or over and you get it when you do a quest but i didnt think of that so i hope you liked my idea wizard101rocks :-) so plz do this and i no it sounds like the elemental blade but i don't wanna use a pip just for one blade i am gonna use only for one blade this blade you can use for free and i dose not have a treasure card of it self kenneth night mender level 43 for now

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
I would like to see an 80% block spell against Balance spells all we have now is the Tower spell. I would also like to see a different way to fill mana bottles other then going to an area to play a game maybe they could fill using the wisps.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
I would like you to change "All" to "Each" on spells that affect multiple players. Scarecrow, for example reads, "400 to All Enemies." So, if there were four enemies, each would get 100 for the total of 400 to all. It should more properly read "400 to Each Enemy." Thanks!

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Storm's got a pretty limited number of tricks, although the primary trick - punch incredibly hard, over and over - is a pretty nice trick, heh.

Still, it continues to perplex me that of all the aggressive schools in the game, Fire is the one that gets accuracy debuffs. Honestly? Being able to consistently remove shields via Damage-over-Time effects lets Fire play a LOT faster game than Storm, Storm will always been trying to punch their way through Storm Shields/Tower Shields/etc.

At the least, giving Storm a "Black Mantle" effect would at least give Storm wizards the chance to do something relevant besides the whole "Cleanse Charm" thing which, honestly, I've never once seen get played. Being able to shield is usually much better than just neutralizing Charms.

My suggestion -

Blinding Flash
Storm

-50% accuracy next damage spell

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Deflect:
10% damage reduction, with that 10% dealt to the attacker
(I've seen similar proposals, but I think that 10% is a pretty fair percentage.) I'm not sure which school this would be best for. Balance or life makes most sense.

Double trap:
A double trap for myth for use with orthrus and minotaur
(I see this one has been mentioned a lot.)

Cool Breeze
Ice spell that works like life's guiding light, except the recipient gets a bonus to healing spells cast on them, not that they cast. (Ice is a tank, so should get a bonus to being healed.)

Jump
If your side isn't the first to attack, this will reverse the initiative. Maybe it could belong to one of the astral schools.

It might be neat to have traps, blades or shields that either degrade or improve with time. This might give an element of strategy about when they are cast. (Cast early and have them degrade? Cast just before attacking? Or cast early and let them grow and take advantage of their max benefit later?)

Bodyguard
I don't know if it's possible to do something like this, but again, if ice is designed to be a tank, could ice somehow take a percentage of damage from teammates? Or possibly all damage from one teammate. A "bodyguard" spell that could be cast on a teammate to receive the damage that player is dealt, or possibly one that is cast on all teammates that redirects 10% or so of the damage to the ice player?

Elemental/spirit dispel
Maybe to go along with the triple traps and triple shields, a triple dispel for balance? Dispelling triple shields would be more useful, but dispelling the triple traps would be nice, too.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Hi Professor Falmea,

The things I would like to see added or changed in the game are as follows:

1. A shield to block Balance spells or the Tower Shield possibly changed to block 70 or 80% damage for all schools instead of the 50% it currently does this would be good having shields of equal blockage for all schools Balance included. Also, make tower an all school spell and not just exclusive to Ice school maybe have it available at Sabrina GreenStar for a training point as a Balance school shield or sold in the Library as a treasure card or both. It could even be in an amulet like the shields for fire, ice and storm in the Krokatopia amulet shop giving 3 copies of the shield and even drops at bosses too.

2. The Feint spell is an awesome tool to have in a battle and I would like to see it avaliable for all schools and not just for death school, maybe a free spell that is given for all schools just like the other free ones we get for each school. Or if not possible as an all school spell have the Feint amulet changed to have 3 copies and the level to use it changed to the same level we can get Feint with a training point in Death school. Also, have it at an amulet vendor in a world for the same level such as Marleybone.

Thanks for taking time to read this post.
And as always I'm still lovin' it! :D

Brenda Legendary Life Wizard

Administrator
Wow, just wow. You all have a lot to say about spells, don't cha?

The team is working on reading through these - so far some great ideas... also some very overpowered ideas ::grin::, but definitely some wonderful stuff in here!

Keep the ideas coming, and thanks for participating!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
hmm let me see new buff i feel all the schools should be able to train a double elemental prism

what double elemental prism does is when you cast it on the opponent their next attack will be changed to a random school attack on you lowering your damage by 25% and at the same time adds to your damage by 25% by changing your hit to a random school attack . and the cost is 3 pips. and it can be trained by all schools.

and another spell is a debuff called steal attack

what steal attack does is when you cast it , it steals the next attack of your opponent and you cast it instead of them. as for pip it uses the same amount of pips that the attack you stealing does using your and your opponents pips.
for example: if your opponent uses giant you cast that, you end up casting giant not them and it takes their pips they would of used and it would use your pips also say you have 4 power pips and u use this spell then it would take your 4 power pips when you cast it. in other words it treats the other schools spell as your own when you take it. the down side is you can only use it one time every 6 rounds so it cant be used to spam in arena. and this debuff can be trained by all schools also.

and lastly another buff is double blade

what double blade does is when you cast it it uses 2 pips but it double blades your next attack so you do more damage. it adds 2 blades to you , 1 is a silver blade adding 15% damage to your next attack and the second is a gold blade adding 25% damage to your next spell. and it can be trained by any school.

the buffs are under sun school and the debuffs under star school . and cost one training point to train.

by: NICOLE FIRESHARD , legendary fire warlord aka "queen of fire"

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
LewisNight wrote:
"Utility" spell,

I am a student of Balance and a spell that would equal out all opponents during a boss fight would sure come in handy. But should be disabled during a PvP match because something of that magnitude would be highly unfair.

The name of the spell, if I were naming it, should be "Balance Factor" and you could only use this card after you've gained eight pips during a single battle. And it can only be used with a special staff.

In order to acquire this staff it must be given to you from a teacher that would send you on a very long adventure into each realm into places that may or may not have been seen. Where at the end of your journey you get the Balance Factor card.

What Balance Factor does is take the amount of each opponent and equal it to the opponent with the lowest amount of health at the beginning of the fight.
(EXAMPLE) The boss has 8000 and the others have 1050 . The card would act as a shield around the opponents that lowers the boss's health level to 1050, but, and heres the tricky part, you must defeat the boss because you only have a limited amount of time before the boss's health goes back up and you must try again.

Love your idea! It would make boss fights way more interesting. Awesome idea :)

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
I've been reading some of the posts and watching a little in the game to see what some of the schools need. Many of the posts are talking about how some schools need more accuracy, health, and need to do more damage. But most of this is just because the people posting the replies are wanting this for the wizard they are working on at the moment. Sure the storm school could use more health and accuracy, but the point of having low health in this school is because YOU yourself are supposed to be using the clothes in the game to building up accuracy. If your accuracy is at 90-100% then you won't be needing to have more health because it will be a quick and easy kill since storm has a incredible amount of damage. One of the schools that needs a new spell the most Life. Life doesn't have very many attack spells so sometimes it is hard for them to kill certain enemies alone. Of course they can keep healing themselves so they don't die, but i have noticed that it is quite the challenge for some. Just something simple like a 10/10 or 20/20 spell offering 10 or 20 in blade form and 10 or 20 in trap form. This can just be a nice low spell only using two or so pips. The extra damage can really be a help to make killing enemies a bit easier. I hope this helps all of my Theurgists friends out there!

~Jessica DragonRider~Legendary Sorceress~

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
This is my second post idea, good for the balance school. It could be like feint, but with charms.

Mercy
0 pips
100% accuracy
one +70% balanceblace on you, while a randomly selected enemy gets a +30% balanceblade.

Just a thought. This could really amp up the damage with a Mercy and Feint.

Andrew FireCoin
Legendary Pyromancer
Celestian Explorer

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Hi

I have been fighting the Celestia bosses, Cuthalla, Narallor, Procyon, Thunderin and Marcio. Most cases it is with 3 or 4 people. With a full house of players the kill is pretty easy. When fighting alone it is more challenging.

I think that a good change to these boss fights would be the following. If one or two players are fighting then only the boss they have selected should be there, however if 3 or 4 players are fighting I think one of the other bosses should spawn.

This would make it much more interesting and challenging.

Thanx

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
Mini-Me!

Yes a spell that makes the caster just as small as his/her pet. Keep pet the same size. I know it is absolutely silly but I think it fits perfectly. You could easily make it come with a damage reduction shield for X rounds or until removed. I think the shrinkage should remain for the rest of the battle.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi there again students! Another week has come and gone, and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we would like to talk spells. If you could add a new "utility" type spell to your class, what would it be? Please stick to simple buff and debuff type spells (Tower Shield, Feint, etc) - we're not talking flashy cinematics and big damage here. Looking forward to see what you have to say!

Have a spectacular weekend! It's supposed to warm up here a bit, which makes this Professor very happy - I'm ready for summer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zeke interrupting here! Please read Falmea's requirements. If you post a damage spell or something completely unrelated to her topic, it will not be approved.

I would love it if balance had another blade or trap while the other schools have so many choices of traps and blades. and can even use the blanace blades and traps. The balance school has a very limited chocieI hope you guys read this and consider it have a wonderful day.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
i know i am a bit late posting on this subject but i have an idea and just now got an account. my idea is this instead of adding diffrent buffs or debuffs to single types of players try to all. much like the ring spells of celestia add one more immunity. quest given by each teacher at level 60. you are required to do your own first then required to do your oppisite school second after that you may choose which school you do. being able to get the quest from all schools but only one at a time and have to max it out before you start another.once you have gotten them all you may then and only then go to headmaster ambrose and get the spell of immune to all magic. their are a couple of catches one the immunity or maybe better name would be resistance maxes at 90% only lasts 4 to 6 rounds max and to achieve it you have to kill mobs of correct level i.e. level 60 toon has to fight level 60 mobs. i think it would make it worth while if each % was required sliding scale of mobs first percent being like 10 mobs second 20 and so on each time reseting no credit for past kills.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2008
Well since i am a death wizard i would love to see these defense spells....

DEATH,Grave Stone, Puts a Shield on the caster and that shield turns any attack into a healing spell.

4 pips

life, Enchantment swipe, Steals any Enchantment of your choice from the enemy and you get that enchantment and it also turns into a tower shield.
3 pips

Fire, Blazing ForceField- Creates a forcefield around the caster. The forcefield Can protect from 100 damage per pip
X Pips

Ice, Glacier, Blocks any attack and reflects the attack but half damage.

3- pips

Myth, Extra, Makes Any minion 1 rank higher

2 pips

Balance, Spell BrakeDown, Reduces any spell into pips, ( If spell is X pips it gives 1 pip)

4 pips

thats it. hope it is good :D :D

Administrator
This was awesome, folks! Lots of cool ideas. Look forward to seeing some of these in future update. ::grin::

New Feedback Friday coming up here shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea