Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
When I was a fire wizard and a storm wizard one of my favorite ways to increase power were wyldfire and darkwind. As a balance, I never used powerplay. Now I am life and I think the sanctuary is worthless. First of all, I solo a lot. But when I go into battle or dungeons with others, do you think they let me go last? No, I have gone first to get things rolling more times than I can remember. I think we need a spell that adds to our life spells instead of or in addition to the sanctuary. Life spells are not all that strong and need support to become so. If they had a spell of +25 hanging out there through out the game it would even things a bit. We really do have to be able to fight as well as heal. It is disappointing that we work so hard for our 28 and 48 spells (having to redo almost a whole dungeon) and they are just healing spells and we still have our spells that become less useful as you level up. Yes, we finally get a good spell at level 58, but then you are almost finished with becoming legendary. Please help us in battle so we can remain alive to help with healing.

Now about death. What is the deal with doom and gloom. It hurts us and I am not sure if it hurts the enemies. Why a card that takes awasy 70% of our health spells? That does not make sense to me. I used a treasure card not knowing what it does and a death friend used it once. Health spells were next to nothing for us. I am not asking for an addition, but a removal. Or at least a change. Why can't it add to death's spells?

All enemies seem to have a big resistance to their school built in.
That really makes it much harder for those of same school. Either we should have a permenant resistance to our school spells or something to take their resistance, even at a cost of pips. It does not always work to use convert, especially if it is opposite school as my life wizard with second school of death. The enemy usually puts up a death sheild as one of its first spells. Heard of "can't win for losing"? Yep, that is the feeling. Why do they have this full time resistance when it is not available to us? This is way beyond a level playing field.

Other than these suggestions, I agree with others that something should be done to help with fizzles for fire and storm, even if it comes with a pip cost. The accuracy spells just don't seem to be very affective so are a waste of time and a round of spell casting. They fizzle way too much. Doesn't seem the enemies of those schools fizzle near as often.

This game should be a challenge, but some things take it too far. I can hire henchmen (people) so I can get a bit of an advantage, but not everyone can. These are my suggestions. If used I will let you decide number of pips, etc. on the additions. Also the names. I am not so creative as those who do this as thier job. And you are doing a great job. I thank you for asking for our opinions.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
i would sugest something like a shield that resembles spiret armor but also protects you from death spells

balance-hmm probably a shield that protects you from over time damege only

storm- a shield that protects all of your team members from multi hit spells

fire-a shield that boost your attacks while it degrades effects of the oppents by 30 percent each round it geos up by tens such as 30,40,50 and so on
ice-a shield that last three rounds that can degrade a spell up to 20 percent but never breaks untile the round is up

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I would like a trap convert. What it would do is convert into a different school, and then add 25% to the school it was converted to. This would be really good because a lot of the bosses I've faced have high resistances to my school, and if you put a trap for the convert, it will not count your trap because the convert was used last and it counted as some other damage.

-Wolf WinterCloud level 16 Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
For gardening, i would like to see vacation spell. cost all energy. Effect, put plants into suspended - no growth, no death, no change until next log in. it would have to be used last log in before an extended absence.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Personally I would like to see fire get a buff/debuff that does +20% next Fire spell and -50% next incoming ice spell. obviously the buff would be +20% next Fire spell and the debuff would be -50% next incoming ice spell. the name is up you guys.

Thanks,
Wolf Deathshield
level 59 pyromancer
Savior of The Spiral

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
SENSE I AM FIRE!

We need a new spell that will give more power to an attack i was thinking we could make a spell that costs 2 pips but put three fire traps around one monster

Survivor
May 14, 2010
Another group of spells you could be fields for each school that has a -25% to the respective school. Like Wyldfire spell for the fire boost. There would be a fire field for a fire defense.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
I think that balance needs a convert I have been thinking and i've came up with spectrecal convert it would change to either storm,fire or ice hope you like my idea.

DanielDawnBane
Lvl 60 Balance

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
Well storm should have a dot spell like death and ice do but you would get it at level 60.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
like a multiply ward similar to elucidate only it adds two pips to its pip cost for ice

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
I think there should be a spell in ice school that should block all damage for 2 or 3 rounds

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Create an aura spell that one can cast on the opponents. It would supress the opponent's pet's abilities for four rounds or so (statistics and spells) - would be a PVP spell of course.

Consider other auras on opponents (and / or friends - e.g. auras that have no time limit but last until used up - like an aura agaist fire spells that reduces them by 50% and lasts for three hits)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
i would like to see a level 20 death quest that gives a card:

skeletal minion

summon a skeletal minion
for 1-3 pips

1 pip-500 hp
2 pips-800hp
3 pips-1500 hp

Survivor
May 03, 2009
i have a death character and i like to mess with people on pvp so i would like to see a reverse absorb . it would do the absorb on your opponent and it would make them unable to heal untill they heal themselves four hundred health.
Richard Lightfountain level 19 necromancer

Survivor
Jun 11, 2008
Ok, so my highest level person is a level 58 Balance, and, I would love to see a balance shield. Some Balance people may think I'm weird, but, we have shields for all the other schools right? So why not balance? It could kinda be like Blade Storm, where a plus 20 blade goes to all the people on your team, only have it be a Balance shield, you could call it something like "shield storm" and have a balance shield go to everyone on your team, it doesnt have to be a lot, but it would be very nice to see and very fair because balance has lots of shields, but none to protect against our own school, also, maybe it could be so everyone can get it? Like have it so you can get it with training points or gold, I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas that I think would make the game better :)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
here are some of my ideas for new spells

balance: judgment blade. +30% to next outgoing balance attack spell. pips: 0

ice: quad frost trap. four +35% traps on single enemy. Pips: 2

Fire: quad fire trap. four +35% traps on single enemy. Pips: 2

storm: bladewind. +20% to next storm attack spell to all friends. Pips: 1

life: heart. +50% to next healing spell. Pips: 1

death: Triple threat. three feints on single enemy. Pips: 2

myth: legendary veil. +30% to next myth attack spell. Pips: 0

hope you use these!

Stephen Frostrider
Level 60
Legendary Thaumaturge

Isaac Griffincatcher
Level 48
Master conjurer

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
i have an idea though i am not sure i am answering in time. i didn't read all the suggestions so it may have been suggested before but here it is.

it is a spell that would turn a spell from a single to a group spell. say like someone casts heal then instead of healing just one character it would heal the group. i am not sure if it should just be a balance spell or if it should be a non specific school. but it would really help out alot.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I have soooooooo many ideas for new buff cards:

1: menchanic:
4 pips
removes everything affected on wizards (affects all of your team), what so ever (even dot spells)

2: super menchanic:
7 pips
entire team
turns all bad affects on team good (except prism, sisnce that isn't really a disadvantage spell)
example: turns weakness (-25% to next attack) into balanceblade (goes from -25% to +25%)

3:drain blade
4 pips
makes next attack a drain attack (draining 50%)

4:bounceback shield
5 pips
you take double damage from next attack, but normal damage bounces to opponent

5:life swarm
6 pips
3 turns later, all health (your team and the opposing team) is restored

6:mastermind blade
4 pips
+100% to next attack

7:mastermind shield
4 pips
-100% from next attack

8:mastermind trap
3 pips
+80 damager to next attack

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I was looking at the cards yesterday and I think something that might be good for balance is a shield that blocks stuns or a shield that increases the chances of stunning an opponent. I'm actually more leaning towards a shield that blocks stuns however since a lot of the elemental schools seem to have attacks that cause stuns for a single turn.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
Everyone: The treasure card makers - we have the + damage, and the + accuracy, and the very rare - pip cards, but could we get a + effect: Can't be used on damage cards, just on blades, traps, feints etc. to modify them into treasure card status. Like the tough / strong / giant cards, they could have levels, so you could have +5%, +10%, up to 20%. Take the 20%, and slap it onto your school's blade, then do it with the 15% to add that amount to the blade's power to allow for multiple stackable treasure card blades & traps. Perhaps one of the modifier could be a double up, or triple up, so that for 1 (2 for the triple) pip, you get twice the number of blades / traps of the same type as your regular (and not stacking)

Everyone (or death): A Steal pips Spell (drain power): Costs 2, Steals 4, Gives shields like the stun shield to prevent a repeat (or just counts as a stun and uses those shields) Treasure card version would cost 2, steal 5.

Balance: a combo of the Elemental and Spirit shields (6 total) that protect at 45%. Treasure card versions could be at 50% so they too could stack.
Similar with traps - a 6 pack of traps at 5% less than the elemental / spirit traps - treasure card version could be at the same level as the 3 pack spells.

Death: Aura change - the -50% healing is just not beneficial in regular duels. Make it instead +50% to the healing side of the drain spells - or add a 2nd aura that does this. Also, something like a tough card but for drains - and a Sun school equivalent of that treasure card.

Sun School: Simplify as a regular Sun school card. Elucidate as a card that can be purchased or as a more frequent drop (instead or just 1 quest reward)

Star School: An aura that turns all non-pulsing damage spells into a 25% drain (and enhances other drains)

Everyone: Rank 1 and 2 Minion Boost treasure cards that affects the core of the minion. It wouldn't change the actual minion type (but make them a rank 2 or rank 3 minion). It could give them +50% / +100% hit points and Power pip chance - or make their spells also cast a school type blade on themselves (so the spell is always boosted)

I also think Myth should get a level 60 minion, but that's a different feedback day.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I have a few ideas:

1.) There should be a balance dispell. I think this because if they are going to judgement, you can only stop them with a tower, which sometimes doesnt help. The dispell will put the balance wizard on alert when they are using judge. This would cost 4 pips because balance wizards use all their pips on judgement.

2.) There should be a heal for every school, a small one. For example a fire one might be ashes to life. It might give 1200 health, over 10 rounds, 5 pips. A storm would be hurricane furry, which would heal the whole team 2000 (cause storm has less health) over 10 rounds, 5 pips.

3.) I think there should be a new blade for everyschool, maybe like a 40% of fire for a fire school that would cost 2 pips. A 35% storm which would cost 2 pips, it should be trained per school after a certain quest, like enrollment.

4.) I think there should be a fire move called changing waves. It would be 5 pips, but you cant morph as many spells in your hand into any type as school, such as storm dragon.

5.) There should be in everybattle, a random chance of adding + 40 critical if you use a spell 7 and up.

- Jacob AshCloud lvl 53 Fire

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
Allan IceGlade
Fire Wizard
Level 59
i think you guys should make like a new spell for fire
you guys know how storm sxhool has a spell windstorm
well i want there to be a a spell like that for fire but for not for 25% chance
i want it to be for 35% chance and i really want you guuys to boost up the accurancy for fire and storm
they both fizzle a lot
and the new spell i said would work perfect i just got efreet and it would do a lot cause i got feint too

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
One thing I would feel appropriate as a Shield spell would be a Balance Shield, the dispel is just one step to defending against Balance. It would make it just much more easier to face a Balance! Kingsisle, I love playing this game and i would commend you greatly if you made my idea true. Valdus GiantSmith, Legendary Conjurer 8)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
maybe a shield that would resist 80% but it would randomly resists an attack each hit. for example one turn it would resists only 10% but the next turn it would resists 70%. this spell would only for 3 attacks.