Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
I think the life school should get better(more) sheilds. We don't really have a lot of attack spells, so it would really come in handy

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Well, I'm balanced so a new move would be usefull. since we are weak to death and life. something that reduces both of those by 80%. Perhaps this new move could be called "tip of scales".

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Death seems to be really good when your playing by yourself, but when playing with others sometimes I wish i could give some of the health i gain to other players. or multiple players

so if you make another draining spell, can we have a choice of who the targetted health goes to?

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I would like to see all traps like the windstorm to all schools because that is kinda unfair that that storm gets that and we don't. :-o

william sunthorn legend necromancer

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
How about Rebuff where you cast a shield and then this spell. The damage rather then be just blocked is reflected or rebuffed back to the original caster. You would still take the damage not blocked by the shield so wouldn't be uneven but would just add a different twist to the shields.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Death: I definetly think death could use some enchant spells like strong, tough, monstrous, gargantuan, etc. that apply to its steal spells. Also, something to boost incomming health from steals would be fun to. Standard heal boosts wouuld be to much (what with the Cosmic Kris Stellar signet almost doubling your heals), but a bubble or blade that does that would be fun.

Life: A boost incomming heal spell (think opposite of lifebane) like a shield. It would help prevent spritely from using up your heal boost. Also, If it would affect heals over time already in progress (say sprite) if it would boost the part of the heal that's comming into play (like fire elf triggers traps and shields each time it does damage).

Going a little off topic here: for all schools: how about Cloak not only disguising wards and charms, but it also protects them against spells like Steal Ward and Earthquake. Then instead of taking/removing each charm and/or ward, it just removes the uncloaked ones and uncloaks the cloaked ones. It would make training the spell and/or buying the treasure much more useful.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Sheilds for all schools that last for more than 1 attack! :D With maybe
-80% or -90% damage for 3 rounds. Even lasting for 2 or 3 attacks would be nice too. And not just for single sheilds, also spells that have 3 different sheilds too. Well thats my idea. :)

~*Scarlet Petal*~
Adept Pyromancer Lv 30

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
i would like to see a minion come up before you hit the oasis or korckotopia it is hard to hit the boss without much help though i got through but would be nice for a minion before that and the grizzlehelm is a pain how about raising hit points there as well as putting more things to open the doors so we can get all the birds and books i done all the quests and still cant get in the doors to finish those two tasks

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
I agree with a few of the storm wizards. the health is low so we cant hang in as long. so the shields would be nice or just up our health because we fizzle more as well .So that leaves us in the game longer with lower health.Does'ntmake any since to me ,i know we are stronger but it dont matter if we can't stay in the battle long enough to cast a spell. So a little more health would be awesome. I hope someone agree's with me

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Storm being my first school, i really think we need something to better defend ourselves. We are only granted a fire and ice shield and at legendary we already have a good amount of resist, we are always being killed by balance in one shot and have nothing to defend from them, i mean come on we dont even get a chance to attack so its pointless to even try. We need something like tower shield but with a little more defense or perhaps something that can heal us like deaths sacrifice of fires link.
My myth also needs a heal spell and perhaps a stronger blade since orthrus take too long to power up with traps.
Perhaps a global spell for all schools could be a balance shield because i am tired of getting teamed by balance wizards and their RA's.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I think we should have a spell like feint for every school:

Death:Feint (obviously)
Life:heal player 500 and enemy 200
Ice:shield player -70% and enemy -25%
Myth:summon minion for player with 1000 health max and for enemy with 600 health max
Storm:Damage 500 to enemy and 200 to you (yes, like immolate)
Fire:300 damage over time to enemy and 150 damage over time to you, but also with a 75 heal at the 4th round
Balance:element or spirit shields. You:45% each shield. Enemy:30% each shield

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I was thinking mabye for balance a GIANT desert snake that has 1000 or something damage, and a minion that can use all the schools spells! I look forward to see what's next.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I would like to see a spell that works like prism, except that it's applied to the spell card instead of the monster. So for example, I could turn my Ice Angel into a Fire Angel, but it would still be an ice spell. You can't get the best spells in your opposite class (or any other class for that matter), and by the time you get enough pips to cast the spells you can actually buy, you're as good as dead.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I think a great new addition would be a star school spell that provides shielding to all teammates. A fifthteen percent would be useful and easy.

Jordan StormRider
Legendary Diviner

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
i would like to see aura's for each of the schools, that could have to do W/ blocks and criticals for EX...

storm aura: +20% block and critical rating

the aura itself would show the school colors... purple and yellow

so ya thats my idea hope ye like it

yours truly'
Michael Strider lvl 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
I would like a special blade or something for fire that will turn the next spell doing damage over multiple rounds to do it all at once.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2008
I have had some ideas about these types of spells; one here, mainly for PvP:

Critical Block
School: Ice
Cost: 0pip
Type: Shield
Target: One ally
Critical Block the next incoming critical.

or perhaps like a curse;

Critical Curse
School: Death
Cost: 1pip
Type: Weakness
Target: One enemy
Removes the critical effect of next outgoing critical.

Another one;

De-power
School: Balance
Cost: 0pip
Type: Weakness
Target: One enemy
Enemy Power Pip chance-50% for next round.

Thats all I have in mind now.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
We death wizards really need to be able to enchant all out spells. Its hard questing when your biggest attack all spell is 400. PLEASE let us enchnat our spells! thx!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
A double trap for myth! you know how we have the double hits, right? We have to double trap so the first, smaller hit doesn't use it up. Why not have a trap that's already double, so that we dont have to use up extra rounds? Now, a double trap would have to come at a price, so a pip or two casting cost would be needed, right?

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I think that life and ice need more blades and traps. Here are my ideas.

Life:
Fatal flaw Pips:2
a mix between life trap and feint. Plus 50% damage, because Life doesnt do much damage we should have an opportuinity to do more damage.

Ice:
Deep freeze Pips:2
does the same thing as fatal flaw but only breaks on ice spells.

I think Life and Ice definitly need these or spells like these because the have the lowest possible damage.
Thanks for reading,
Mark Ravenshard, level 56 theurgist.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Since I am death, I do have a few suggestions

How about Doom and Gloom, as useless as it can get. All the spells from the other schools actually gives you an advantage, haven't seen it's usefulness at all

Death Dragon. Pretty cool, but all the other schools have a secondary effect to it, efreet leaves the -90% spell, others stun, this one just is a spinner. Give it a secondary effect, or make it so it can attack everyone.

How about Celestia spells that actually work for death, on Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith and Scarecrow. Those boosts are actually useless

A cool spell for death would be a Ghost spell, kinda like a polymorph, but would convert you to a ghost that can't attack, and cannot be attacked. You know that someone is going to attack you when the have full PIPS, this will allow you to bypass an attack.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I would like to see an overall blade and an overall shield added to each school similar to a balance blade and tower shield. The difference however is they would cost 2 pips to cast and would also have a chance of going critical but only as much as doubling their initial shield or hit value. Thus, a +30 blade would increase to +60 and a -50 shield would increase to -100 for the next hit only.
"Liz" Dreamweaver, Catcher, Rider, Bringer, Breaker & Taker
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi there again students! Another week has come and gone, and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we would like to talk spells. If you could add a new "utility" type spell to your class, what would it be? Please stick to simple buff and debuff type spells (Tower Shield, Feint, etc) - we're not talking flashy cinematics and big damage here. Looking forward to see what you have to say!

Have a spectacular weekend! It's supposed to warm up here a bit, which makes this Professor very happy - I'm ready for summer!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Shieldstorm, an ice spell Thaumaturges can learn after completing Marleybone, it's kinda like Bladestorm only it's Shields. Shieldstorm, Costs 1 pip, -40% next incoming attack for all friends

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Myth i think should have a trap that lasts two hits cause of the double hit on some spells.

Since balance is already good a traps and blades i think they should have a shield that does 60%- to all spells.

Storm should have a steal random shield spell or steal random blade spell I
think

Bradley Blade,
Legendary Pyromancer