Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How's this for irony?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I have been farming Youkai for the minotaur pet. The first time I heard of the drop, a friend got it. Then I farmed like mad to get one. Then another friend joined me for a battle. He got it. I then spent almost an entire day farming for this pet. Nothing. The first time another friend joins me, he gets the pet.I have been back to farm Youkai at least a dozen times since, and all I keep getting are equipment that I can't use. But it seems that every time a friend joins the battle, he or she gets the pet I want!

Talk about ironic!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Actually I have this same issue in reverse: The only time I get pets is when helping others! Moral is: Go find some other people farming and help them!

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
yeah that tends to happen a lot. i think its the only way to get pet drops lately. that happened a lot with the Gurtok Demon and the Ianthine Spectre pet, but now everyone just buys it.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
The friend I regularly fight with gets way more pets than I do. (I am always "first chair" because I have the highest health.)
I have a level 33 Fire that I play alone and she has never gotten a pet drop.
I did want that Minotaur and just kept fighting (with my Myth Grandmaster) until I got it. I think it took about 20 battles.