Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clothing Differences

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 17, 2009
In the next world can the clothing have gender again? With the level 58 Celestia gear people get other people's genders mixed up. A couple times i was pvping and people were watching and thought I was a girl(they didn't really pay attention to my name, because a billion people were talking.) And acouple times I thought girls were boys. So please in the next worls can you please make gendered clothes?

Thomas Swiftthislte, Legendary Ice

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i think from Celestia on out the clothing should be universal clothing.

i for one do not like gender-ized clothing.
it is a step backwards in evolution of socialization.
i get mistaken for a guy but i use it to my advantage.
i love it when they do it and then get all fluffed up because they
didn't think before they spoke.
it makes people open their minds to differences

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Not sure what you mean. The Archaeologist outfit or whatever looks quite attractive on a girl...On the boy it looks dorky, and it is noticeably a boy's outfit.

The other Celestian gear have the slight differences to fit the player models, though I do agree that the one with the 'bucket helmet' is a bit ugly-looking in my biased opinion.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I don't really see how it is a step-back in socialization... I just asked for different clothes for boys and girls. It's not like I asked fro different games for boys and girls.

And I agree that the bucket isn't the nicest thing they have given.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

its not different games i just dont like having to play a game of adventure dressed like a prim ans proper princess or a running around in super short shorts looking like a (you fill in the blank).

i think if the clothes are the same and universal for both genders then
the game would be more open to many more different minded people.

i didn't say the games would be different but if you gender-ized clothes then you get this " your a girl so you Can't ... or your a boy so you Cant ....

i also think if clothes are same and universal the gamers would feel
more equal on the playing field as well.

clothing has a big psychological influence on the mind set of the player even if the players dont recognize it.