Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A small Membership problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
Hey King's Isle it's me but i have a question i am a subscribed but haven't gotten my inventory increased or any other member benefits and my friend hasn't either why don't i have the increased inventory thank you for answering the questions from all Wizard 101'ers :) . Chris Goldbane lvl 46

Please read the Update Notes carefully:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/january2011

These updates are only available
in the TEST REALM at this time.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
i think this is unfair to people who use gift cards for subs. pretty much this game is only serving those who have a credit card to play the game, well KI what if i cannot use a credit card to pay and play, because my parents do not have enough money for "a stupid pointless game"(according to them), and they think its just a waste of money. the only reason i am the lvl i am is cause i buy cards and my grandpa who also plays sends me some periodically. i just dont think its fair, i enjoy the game (other than the stupid labyrinth, worst dungeon EVER) and would like to get the cool benefits that credit card players do. so what they pay you every month or whenever they buy crown stuff and i only use a card every month or too(small income from just 1 card i guessing?) dont mean you gotta treat credit card people better

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
dont mean you gotta treat credit card people better

I am not sure how you get this as treating credit card people "better". Up until now people who pay purely by credit card and subscription without buying crowns only get access to areas and get no bonus at all. You buy gift cards and get items like special pets and housings, crowns to spend on items you "keep" and you.

In all it sounds like subscription users are just getting a couple of "perks" added in that only stay as long as your a subscriber and the minute you stop being when you lose them.

I think you need to think twice about calling this "better" as with crowns you keep your items, subscriptions is really just like a long term rental.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Bolthar wrote:

I am not sure how you get this as treating credit card people "better". Up until now people who pay purely by credit card and subscription without buying crowns only get access to areas and get no bonus at all. You buy gift cards and get items like special pets and housings, crowns to spend on items you "keep" and you.

In all it sounds like subscription users are just getting a couple of "perks" added in that only stay as long as your a subscriber and the minute you stop being when you lose them.

I think you need to think twice about calling this "better" as with crowns you keep your items, subscriptions is really just like a long term rental.

i dont mean to be rude but when i was diceding between crowns and sub, i looked at the area pricing list and less then halfway through the game, got about oh i dont know, 100? but with a sub, it is much more ecomimical. besides, no one said you cant have crowns and sub although it wold be a bit over the top.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
Bolthar wrote:

Yes, but what about people like me, that get subscriptions from their gift cards? It is still only temporary, yet we wont be able to get those extra benefits when they come out. We also can not take advantage of crowns or subscription sales.

We also cant get text chat with a gift card. If we decide to get crowns with our card, we lose the ability to post on these message boards.

All the while, credit card players get open chat, soon to come character upgrades, crowns and subscription sales,and who knows what else.