Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with Minion's AI

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
So far, I noticed two minions with major AI flaws...

1) Animate's high-end minions
2) Helpful Mender

1) Doom and Gloom is a very situational spell that's like a double edged sword; it should not be cast by a minion unless the minion has player-level AI (serious PvP player level). A mis-timed D&G can damage the Minion master more than the opponent and thus makes the minion very undesirable.

2) Mender's Pips giving spell is very very "counter-intuitive" to a Balance Wizard. The main damage spell, Judgement is based on having Power Pips, thus having the Mender give you 3 white Pips is at best Useless and sometimes deadly... to its master. Give the Mender a spell like Scorpion / Hex / Spirit Shields... That will make it a lot more useful.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

So far, I noticed two minions with major AI flaws...

1) Animate's high-end minions
2) Helpful Mender

1) Doom and Gloom is a very situational spell that's like a double edged sword; it should not be cast by a minion unless the minion has player-level AI (serious PvP player level). A mis-timed D&G can damage the Minion master more than the opponent and thus makes the minion very undesirable.

I agree with you on this. I wish D&G would be dropped from the death minions' spellbooks.

2) Mender's Pips giving spell is very very "counter-intuitive" to a Balance Wizard. The main damage spell, Judgement is based on having Power Pips, thus having the Mender give you 3 white Pips is at best Useless and sometimes deadly... to its master. Give the Mender a spell like Scorpion / Hex / Spirit Shields... That will make it a lot more useful.

But here you are mistaken.

Judgement is based only on the number of pips you have, either regular or power. A regular pip = 100 damage. A power pip = 200 damage. If the helpful mander gifts two regular pips, then the Sorcerer's Judgement spell will increase 200 in damage.

I have cast a 100 damage Judgement with just one pip many times. It's one reason why I like her--she can be used as a quick "wand" spell to finish off a lingering enemy when I've fallen just short of killing him with a previous spell.

I love the helpful mander just as he is. He's helped me win battles many times, even in Celestia!

Alia MistHaven - Legendary Sorcerer

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I'm sure he was remarking on the mander giving you white pips from a PvP perspective. A person waiting for 8 power pips in order to cast Judgement would be annoyed by this.

However, I agree, I don't really think this is something that needs to be changed. That is a very limited scenario. I'm sure the majority of balance wizards would not want the Helpful Mander to be changed.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I actually prefer having some white power pips. They can be used for feint, spirit/elemental blade and whatever the one is called that gives everyone a 20% boost. I hate wasting a power pip for a one pip spell!