Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Happens to My Garden During Downtime?

AuthorMessage
Time is still passing for your plants. During this maintenance your plants will only degrade one 'level' of health.

If your plant was healthy the last time you logged in, it will either still be healthy (possibly matured!) or it will have needs and pests when you log in tomorrow.

If your plant had needs and pests the last time you logged in, it will either still have those needs and pests, or it will be wilted.

If your plant was wilted the last time you logged in, it will either still be wilted or it will be dead.

If your plant was dead the last time you logged in, well, it's still dead. Sorry.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
So why can't 'game time' stand still during maintence hours?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
ok, zeke, so they still aged when it was down plz reply i confused Devin Owlrider Pyromancer Lvl 60 ~^^~ Feel the burn! ~^^~

Administrator
devbeatty wrote:
ok, zeke, so they still aged when it was down plz reply i confused Devin Owlrider Pyromancer Lvl 60 ~^^~ Feel the burn! ~^^~

Please read that again, young Wizard.
If your plant was healthy the last time you logged in, it will either still be healthy (possibly matured!) or it will have needs and pests when you log in tomorrow.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I am so upset at the people who took advantage of an "exploit" to gain items they did not earn. I really hope KI punishes them for causing all this trouble for all the fair players. Warnings are not enough, if people are punished then maybe others will get the hint to play fair.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Time is still passing for your plants. During this maintenance your plants will only degrade one 'level' of health.

If your plant had needs and pests the last time you logged in, it will either still have those needs and pests, or it will be wilted.

If your plant was wilted the last time you logged in, it will either still be wilted or it will be dead.

If your plant was dead the last time you logged in, well, it's still dead. Sorry.

how do you justify punishing all of us? why punish people who did nothing wrong?

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
ok Zeke and Professor...
so what time will we be able to log back onto our houses because i would like it to be soon

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
This is not really acceptable. When I logged in before work this morning, I tended to all of my plants. I unfortunately ran out of energy and was unable to finish. I had one plan with pests on it that also had a couple of needs. When this has happened in the past, as long as I logged in when I got home, like I was just going to do, I have been able to save my plant before something bad happened to it.

Now because something is wrong with your system, my plant may be wilted when I am finally able to log on tomorrow. That is if I am even able to log on tomorrow. The last time I treid to log in after extended maintenance, you still weren't finished by the time I had to leave for work.

Now housing is supposed to be back up by 8 am Central time tomorrow. I have to leave for work at 8:45 central. If you aren't finished with whatever it is you are doing by the time i leave, I will more than likely come back to find all of my plants wilted and or dead since I waon't have checked them for over 36 hours.

If you decide you need to take your system down, the players should not be penalized in the game for it.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I usually take care of my plants in the morning, and they haven't been treated all day.
Its not very fair they are all wilted now, I had two king parsleys, a stinkweed, a happy holidaisy, and a silver trumpet vine. (By the way you need to fix the wilting thing, I am not kidding you the very second before I clicked its last need it wilted)

Survivor
May 25, 2010
thanks zeke and professor greyrose. i think i understand what is going on. i was just worried cause i thought my plants were gonna be dead by the time i get back on and i have 3 deadly fly traps. no offense to any other professors but... PROFESSOR FALMEA IS THE GREATEST Brandon Dawnstone, level 60 pyromancer leader of the DragonRiders "dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
devbeatty wrote:

So basically, time keeps going during down time right?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
What about the stuff inside our castles? Since we can't access them will stuff come up missing?!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Thanks for letting us know.....

Will someone sit and sing to my plants while I am unable to get to them? They do love a little song...

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I do very little gardening, but I do believe that if KI must take the game down for any reason other than regular maintenance and wizards cannot get into upkeep their gardens, then time should be paused. Why should wizards suffer for something that KI must take care of?

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Would it be possible to give us a little information as to what exactly was changed or updated during this downtime?
Thanks in advance! I'd like to say on behalf of most of the players I've spoken to and I, that we greatly appreciate your continuous efforts to keep the game interesting and amusing. Wizard101 is my all-time favorite game on the PC, no doubt about it. Keep it up!
Also, where might I be able to drop some suggestions that my friends, brothers and I have come up with? Over the past year we've come up with dozens of interesting ideas that we've run by other players. They seem to agree that these changes might make things even more enjoyable. The ideas have accumulated to quite the large list! :)
Thank you kindly, Wizard101 staff! We love you!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I really don't mind caring for my plants, I love it in fact. I just really think it would have been appropriate to give players ample notice that they wouldn't be able to access their plants to provide care for them, for an entire day. A lot of people are really upset about this, and they wouldnt have any reason to be if they had been able to plan for it ahead of time. :?

Survivor
May 15, 2010
Just a question concerning plants that were about to become elder. I have 5 plants that were just about to go elder before the start of last nights "down time" and have a tendency to die or wither within a few short hours of not being harvested. Just wondering if I'm just going to have to eat this one or if it'll most likely be alright.

Thank you,
~Tyler~
lvl 45 Life/Death

Survivor
May 15, 2010
Why can't time hold during maintenance? So my plants are ready to be harvested but I can't get to them?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Prospector Zeke wrote:

So -- what happens then, in a case like these past two days, when i have been logged on but unable to access my garden? Will my garden advance each time i log in?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
I really liked the gardening - but the plants get problems way too quickly and way to heavily. If you have more than 4 plants, chances are you will deplete your energy and a ton of gold taking care of them. I dont mind one level of time passing when I log off, but that isnt exactly the way it is. They just keep getting pests and needing attention - so when you log on later in the day you have to apply every single remedy. Then, the multi spells that should heal at least three or four plants (for medium area) will likely only do two, wasting energy, unless you place your plants right next to each other.

Planting is becoming more annoying than fun and more of a revenue stream for KI than a good game component. Lighten it up, can you?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
devbeatty wrote:

I work my garden on a schedule in the morning and at night being we were locked out of our home i couldnt do normal gardening... so now instead of all my plants being elder harvested and gone they are wilted and i have to go through the whole process again... I think it stinks was not by any means my fault but i have to start over any how ..... should stand still durring down time.............

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I've been playing for almost 2 years and I've never had a complaint, but this has made me rather peeved. I wasn't gaming the system, but I've still been punished with a garden half-full of wilted plants. A couple of my gardens are too big for me to take care of on one pass. I have to wait a few hours until my energy has come back up to finish them. When I went back yesterday afternoon, you had denied access to the homes. I couldn't finish caring for my gardens, or access my banks. There was no warning, no apology. I wonder how many players ponied up the crowns so they could buy extra energy to save their needy gardens? I won't, but I expect that by the time I have waited for my energy to renew again, I should have a few more wilted, maybe even dead, plants.

Community Leader
I'm kinda confused. If you do have floating plants, but you don't "harvest elder plants unlimited times." Means the plants should be taken down anyway?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
JesBelle wrote:
I've been playing for almost 2 years and I've never had a complaint, but this has made me rather peeved. I wasn't gaming the system, but I've still been punished with a garden half-full of wilted plants. A couple of my gardens are too big for me to take care of on one pass. I have to wait a few hours until my energy has come back up to finish them. When I went back yesterday afternoon, you had denied access to the homes. I couldn't finish caring for my gardens, or access my banks. There was no warning, no apology. I wonder how many players ponied up the crowns so they could buy extra energy to save their needy gardens? I won't, but I expect that by the time I have waited for my energy to renew again, I should have a few more wilted, maybe even dead, plants.

i just read that KI gave everyone 2 energy elixirs to try and save our plants with.

thank you KI for doing something to make it up to those who were innocent and were effected by this.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
KI, thank you so much for giving us the energy elixirs! That is exactly what I needed to get my garden back on it's feet yesterday. A couple passes through and my garden was fully back to normal. Thank you so much!!!