Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ok, how do I get to Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
If you've completed MooShu and received the Spiral Key, talk to Merle Ambrose and he will send you on an exciting adventure that will lead you to the new world.

Dragonspyre is located on the second page of the Spiral Door interface.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Awesome, Dragonspyre has finally been released! I have still got to check it out, but that may take a while since I am only at Marleybone. I also can't wait to see what surprises Prospector Zeke has in store for us :-D Perhaps some awesome level 40-45+ clothes? Can't wait! :-D

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Dragonspyre is great! I have been waiting for a new world to continue my adventure. But sadly King Dan, Prospector Zeke has no clothes for us yet. I think they will eventually make this change so can't wait to see! Trust me yapper and CoolDude1785, the time goes by fast and you will be joining us in Dragonspyre soon. Have fun!

Amanda Shadoweyes <3

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I was a bit disappointed to find that even though I defeated the Jade Oni last week (helping a higher-level friend) and was awarded the Dragonspyre key, it didn't "take" when the new world went live today.

Now, I haven't actually completed Mooshu. One could argue that the game should not have presented me with the key. Still, it did. Adding a new requirement to re-earn the key and exclude the charlatans seems like more of a blow to the game world's integrity than it would have been to go ahead and let the keys work.

Administrator
Tigertail, did you talk to Merle Ambrose yet?

If you've completed MooShu and received the Spiral Key, talk to Merle Ambrose and he will send you on an exciting adventure that will lead you to the new world.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
Hello.
Professor can you help me please ? I've done MS a long time ago [like 3-4 months] with my life Wizard and I can't go in DS. Can you tell me how can I go in or how i can get a Spiral Key please [Sorry that was a long time I don't play]
Thank you :-D

Administrator
Check your Quest book to make sure you completed all the quests required.
If you still have quests, chances are you did not complete the entire story line leading up to the Spiral Key for Dragonspyre.
If there are no quests in your quest book, as stated above, talk to Merle Ambrose in Wizard City to see if he gives you the quest called Bad Blood.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
Ok I gonna check. I remember that I had the Zeke quest and that all.I had killed the Jade Oni and saved the emperor. I had talk to Merle and he said:
"Hello Angel, I prepare our next move."
I gonna do the Zeke quest when I want cause it's a bit long, I take it when I was done with Jade Oni :-( .
Thank you for your fast answer !

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks Professeur for telling me about DRAGONSPYRE! I can't wait to go there! But I am stuck in Mooshu and I was wondering about something. I have been facing Plague Oni for a very long time and still haven't gotten his sword or pet. Can you give me some tips? That would be very kind thanks. Also can you also tell me if War Oni or Death Oni have a sword? Thanks!

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
yapper wrote:
man i am only in kroktopia :-(

Hey dude don't fell bad i'm level 34 Death and I haven't gotten past Krokotopia either! Just trying to be nice! But if you're higher level than me thanI guess I didn't help much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Right, defeating the Jade Oni will only get you to Dragonspyre if you have completed all the other quests up to that point. That's reasonable, but I think the text displayed by the game could be a little more helpful. Rather than congratulating the player on receiving the key, it could explain that the key will become available upon completing the other adventures up to and including MooShu. (It has never been clear to me within the game which quests were required; only by reading the message boards would I know that Colossus Boulevard and Sunken City were optional. I presume there are aspects of MarleyBone and MooShu that are optional.) Or, leave the message as it is, and just go ahead and give the low-level player the DragonSpyre key; they won't be able to get out of the central area upon arrival anyway.

Similarly, defeating Malistaire produces a congratulatory message telling you to return to Headmaster Ambrose's office -- even opens a special portal. But when you talk to him, all Merle Ambrose has to say is, "Keep on searching. We must learn all that we can know about Malistaire's plans!" It feels like a continuity break, since only a few seconds earlier, you were being congratulated for defeating Malistaire.

Judging by how many other level thirty-something players I see around with the Oni Slayer and Savior of the Spiral badges, my experience of helping higher-level players with the endgame battles has become quite common. Teamwork is an integral part of Wizard 101. It's natural that players fighting the highest boss battles will ask their friends for help. I'm glad the game allows that, and I think it could do an even better job to ensure that the lower-level helpers also have an experience that makes sense.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I have defeated Mooshu, beat the jade oni, and done all other quests in Mooshu. Yet when i talk to Merle Ambrose, all he says is "These are dark times, Blaze. I must ponder our next move."

What do i do?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
No1twidget wrote:
I have defeated Mooshu, beat the jade oni, and done all other quests in Mooshu. Yet when i talk to Merle Ambrose, all he says is "These are dark times, Blaze. I must ponder our next move."

What do i do?

Yeah, same here. o__o :|

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Anoly wrote:
Ok I gonna check. I remember that I had the Zeke quest and that all.I had killed the Jade Oni and saved the emperor. I had talk to Merle and he said:
I gonna do the Zeke quest when I want cause it's a bit long, I take it when I was done with Jade Oni :-( .

Make sure you talked to the emperor after you killed the jade oni an the stage. I left with out doing this and did it again

hope it helped :-)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Alex1646 wrote:
Anoly wrote:

Make sure you talked to the emperor after you killed the jade oni an the stage. I left with out doing this and did it again

hope it helped :-)

I'm very confused ....How to we get to go to other realms? Do you have to finish all quests in Wizard city for them to open up?? I wish someone would help me here!! Please!!

Administrator
TamsterTheWizard wrote:
I'm very confused ....How to we get to go to other realms? Do you have to finish all quests in Wizard city for them to open up?? I wish someone would help me here!! Please!!

Young Wizard, let me clear some things up for you. Realms and Worlds are very different things.

What is a Realm?
Wizard101 has several Realms for our players to enjoy. All the Realms are identical and you can switch between Realms easily when you're not in a duel. Simply click on the two world globes in your spellbook and you will see a list of Realms to choose from.

Why switch Realms?
Players may choose to switch between Realms that are more or less populated based on their play style. If you are looking for players to adventure with, you may wish to switch to a Realm with a higher population.

How do I get to other Worlds on the Spiral?
Once you finish all your assignments in Wizard City, you will be invited to explore Krokotopia. Once you have completed the required tasks in Krokotopia, you will be invited to explore Marleybone. Once you've completed the main line of quests in Marleybone, you will be invited to MooShu. After you've completed MooShu, you will be invited to explore Dragonspyre.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
hey GreyG i still am in krokotopia and my highest wizard is a level 26 death and need help on emperors retreat dont fell bad just work hard

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
GreyG wrote:
yapper wrote:
man i am only in kroktopia :-(

Hey dude don't fell bad i'm level 34 Death and I haven't gotten past Krokotopia either! Just trying to be nice! But if you're higher level than me thanI guess I didn't help much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW really MAN i am under leveled I beat the game at level 46 only :-)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
I am having the same problem that a few others have posted here. I beat the Jade Oni, talked to the emporer, got the key, finished all of the other Mooshu quests, and still Ambrose doesn't give me a new quest to get to DS. What do I do?

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Finished Mooshu, but Ambrose isn't giving me the bad blood quest... now what?

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
GreyG wrote:
yapper wrote:
man i am only in kroktopia :(

i think i finished near lvl 27-28 but i did skip the ice place in wizard city lol.