Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Temporary Ignore Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Temporary Ignore Friends?
Well, thats an example of what the option can be called. It simply is a message on the friend screen that allows you to tell you are busy. This can be done if he keeps, for example asking you to teleport to him/her, and you are in a battle. Good Friends will understand, but some other friends that they may know can also be anoying. But if you want to keep that friend without ignoring them or deleting them, i suggest this option.

Ok. How does it work?
As i told you, it works in the friend screen. Click a friend, and choose a option named something like this thread. This can be undone with the same button. Once done, whenever the friend tries to message or teleport to you, they will get a message like this: (CHARACTER NAME) is currently busy. I am sure someone will like this if they get like always people messaging them to help them while they are busy. Personally, this doesnt happen to me because i reseted my friends list some days ago.

Terrible Idea!/Amazing Idea!
Please tell me what is on your mind and help me improve the suggestion so it MAY be made into game.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I love that idea!

I used think the ignore button was a temporary thing. Much to my chagrin I found out it was permanent. Wish they would rename or change the function of it.

While I am on the subject of friend list buttons. I wish the Remove button was at the bottom of the list. Have almost hit it numerous times when trying to port to friends.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I think it's a good idea, myself. My problem with the current Ignore button is that it deletes my friends once I hit the Don't ignore button. I've lost a couple friends that way. Of course, I probably didn't want to keep them if I had to ignore them, right?

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
well if you're busy all you have to do is turn 3 in game settings off, would like to this option become one button some day.

Friends are people that will help you without needing something in return. Friends will ask if you need help instead of begging for help.
Friends will compliment you on achieving something new even if they have it already.
Good Friends are hard to find, but Friends are easy to obtain.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
....can't you just ignore them the old-fashioned way in that case? I don't see how temporary ignore is useful.