Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle rate on the RISE again?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
No, not a new topic but Fizzle rate seems to be on the rise again. I have been running my fire wizard lately to complete a few badges. The first fire spell I cast and sometimes as many as 3 in a row fizzle every time. My fire wizard is a level 56 with storm as secondary. I rarely use the storm spells, but when I do, they work better than my school spells. I also get more Criticals with my secondary spells than with my school spells. But the main problem is the Fizzle rate. I use a short deck based on the area and the badge that I am working for. When I am in Krok I am using rank 4 or lower spells. But it does not help that they fizz at a rate of 3 to one. Why is this problem on the increase again? By the time I get a spell to work, I have enough pips to use Fire dragon 2 times in a row.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
yes i get it too. also being in krokotopia you and i both know fizzling is basically death against any boss. but the exact same thing happened to me. I used sunbird on a flame guardian (I know i'm desperate) and it fizzled and I went to the oasis. have you purchased new clothing recently? that is usually the main cause.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, Lady Luck doesn't like to cooperate with us sometimes. Occasionally, it seems like that old bird is intentionally trying to kill us off, doesn't it?

But you can't really blame anybody for your Fizzle rate.

And just for the record...

Have you purchased new clothing recently? That is usually the main cause.

Clothing has absolutely nothing to do with spell accuracy. Clothing will actually help your accuracy level.

Actually, I would suggest you probably get new digs when you're at level fifty eight. The clothes that I have boosted my accuracy for Fire spells up to 94% success. That's Volatile Headress, Volatile Vestment, and Dragonstalkers. All Level 58 except for the headress, which is level 56.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
I'm new to the game and only lvl 16. in krokotopia last night the first boss fight was almost a death to me becasue of fizzles. I'm glad i stack life when looking for gear because i won with 50 life left. I fizzled so many times in that fight that i started to get angry. It seems as i lvl up i fizzle more. Is this the way the game has always played or is this a big problem that needs fixing? I can understand fizzling a little but when causes you to loss i don't.