Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What The Heck Is A "Spawn"?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Ok, I know this is going to sound very dumb, but what is a "spawn" and/or "spawning"? People always say it when they are describing where to get reagents and I have no idea what it is.

*Thanks to all those who answered!*
Rachel RavenTalon, Level 33 (1 quest away from being 34!) Myth

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
No need to feel dumb! "Spawn" simply means that the reagent appears or reappears in a particular location. So the location that something spawns, means where it is programmed to appear. The rate that something spawns, means how quickly it will come back once harvested.

People also speak of enemies spawning. That means how quickly they reappear after being defeated.

Hero
May 27, 2009
It's just the word for where the reagents appear. It's like where stuff is "born," like fish and turtles have to go to a certain place to lay their eggs.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
A spawn site is the place a reagent appears.

When a reagent spawns it is coming back to that spot.

:) I hope this helped.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

P.S. There are no dumb questions. Only dumb answers.

Delver
May 26, 2009
"Spawning" is the in-game creation of an NPC or an item. A "spawn" spot is a certain place where an NPC or item (reagent) will appear.

For example, after you defeat an NPC, it will appear again after a few moments. Another example: you pick up some mist wood in a certain spot in Unicorn Way. Ten minutes later, it appears in the same spot again.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Spawning is just a term that decribes the item's return. Like when you pick up a mist wood, it disappears. Well, it will eventually come back for the next player to pick up (though usually in a different spot) and that is what is known as spawning.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010