Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raise the gold limit

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I know that the gold limit is 200,000. Thats a lot but if you start to farm bosses after finishing the game, you start to run up against the limit. COuld you raise the gold limit to maybe 500,000? or something. I cant think how it would effect the game very much seeing as we can already buy stuff with 200,000 gold. Its irritating to have to find things to buy when you just want to sell. Anyway maybe that could happen.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010

thank you finally i see some one else who sees the issue with this i personally dont understand why there has to be a cap on gold at all to be honest but if there has to be one please please raise it

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
They just raised the limit from 100, 000, and you are already hitting the wall?

I usually buy mounts or good gear and place into the bank for my younger characters. I even place items in the bank so they can sell the higher level gear rather than selling on my higher characters, who don't need the monies as much.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Feb/7/2011
4:46 pm Subject: Re:Raise the gold limit

kotadust1972
Novice Wizard

12:38 pm

thank you finally i see some one else who sees the issue with this i personally dont understand why there has to be a cap on gold at all to be honest but if there has to be one please please raise it !

The above is a copy Paste.

Folks;

I totally agree with this! Us members and Loyal members are getting the shaft here. We need unlimited on Gold and we also want more choices in Bazaar's Stores for us Legends players. Open a Bazaar on Floating Island, Way in the back. Make it an adventure to get to it! We [Legends] are also waiting with baited breath, on when higher level worlds and quest will start up so us Legends can continue on toward more Hair Raising experience. You will lose more customers by not providing more for your loyal followers!
Please get this and our idea's a TOP Priority!
I might be harping, or sounding Grumpy, but you got a Solid base here now get your heads together and open up everything possible avenue for more. More is Better!
Also, I got a bone to pick with you guys. When we are selling stuff back to the Game, "Why are we getting less than a third [1/3] of the original cost?" If it has not been Wore by the player, then its Full $Gold or $Crowns back to us players. If we try it on, then we only get half [1/2] of its original cost. The third [1/3] is a rip off!
Also, Take the no chats out of the game! This is America and all players needs to be able to feel free to talk or communicate openly! Otherwised, creat two [2] different worlds, Regular talkers on one and No Chat's on the other. Its fdrustrating trying to talk to them and they aren't allow to regularly communicate! That is outragious!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
thank you for bringing this up and DITTO!!! it would be nice to save up good amounts of gold so we can hatch more then a few times while also wanting to paint a thing or too... why not a limit of 1,000,000? or at least 999,999?

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Great to see that some people agree with me :D

I do have a question though, why when KI raised it did they only raise it by 100,000? is it because they think we will buy to many mounts or things at a time?

They just raised the limit from 100, 000, and you are already hitting the wall?

I have ban farming Calypso. If you don't know who that is, she is a cl boss and drops a ton of stuff, so does Astraeus. My back pack fills up pretty quickly and i go to bazaar, maybe 1-3 trips and i have over 100,000 gold and i always stay above 140,000 because i might want to buy a crowns/a lotta gold house and hatch.

Does it happen with other people too? Or do i just get a lot of drops?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Yeah, i agree that they scould increase the limit.

But there is a way to keep extra money.
Simply buy stuff at the bazaar and put it in your bank, this will keep your cash. if you ever find yourself out of cash, withdraw it from the bank and resell it. This may not give exactly the same price, and therefore either make you lose or gain money. But for now, this is the only thing i know could work to keep more money.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
But there is a way to keep extra money.
Simply buy stuff at the bazaar and put it in your bank, this will keep your cash. if you ever find yourself out of cash, withdraw it from the bank and resell it. This may not give exactly the same price, and therefore either make you lose or gain money. But for now, this is the only thing i know could work to keep more money.

Yes i can do that but then my bank will get full. Some time when my back pack overflows that already happens. You cant really sell the stuff for its full price either, i buy a ring for 21000 (sun circle rounded) and i sell it for 2100. I think thats a bit to much of an extreme. Ill stick with buying stuff for the fun of it for now. But thanks for the idea, that might come in handy.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Lol i was running around for close to 2 months at max or almost max gold ..... and my bank was FULL from all the stuff it would not let me sell because of that ........ i actually had to create anouther wizard (which i had planned eventualy any way but not yet lol) just to open some space in my bank I have since ran through alot of it and just been blowing gold stupidly just to get rid of some ..... and i agree on the bazaar sales price thing also ....the other thing that i find currious is i seem to remember reading some were that the bazaar guy says he will offer all good at below cost prices of anywere else in game ...... yet time and time agian I see stuff there that is selling for much more then you can buy it normaly(as in from vendor).. one prime example are seeds i have seen seeds in the bazaar that are selling for as much as 25%(rough guess didnt do the math yet) more then you can buy them from the garden guy for

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Since gold cannot be gifted or exchanged, i am not sure why there is a cap. Since there is a cap, Please raise. Also wondering what people do with all of their extra gold. Any ideas on how to best spend the large amounts?

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Spiritshadow wrote:
I know that the gold limit is 200,000. Thats a lot but if you start to farm bosses after finishing the game, you start to run up against the limit. COuld you raise the gold limit to maybe 500,000? or something. I cant think how it would effect the game very much seeing as we can already buy stuff with 200,000 gold. Its irritating to have to find things to buy when you just want to sell. Anyway maybe that could happen.
thiers a limit on gold i don't know or care about