Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clothing Colors (Read Plz)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I was going to buy some new clothing at the bazzar after getting a lot of money and saw a shirt I liked balance only. (thinking the colors yellow and blue are the best) I look at the colors of the oufit and see they can only be bland colors like dark purple gray and brown. Next shirt, no, next shirt, no, next shirt, no. :? Then i get to a all class shirt and of corse all color are avalible. But it was no where near as good as the balance only. Then the same with shoes and hats. So I'm wondering why balance cloths are so limited I mean other classes are too but why to such a low amount of colors. I think ALL cloths should be avalible to come with ALL cloths.
Any comments?
Benjamin Mist Mask Balance Wizard level 53

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Get a balance robe with good stats. Then buy a robe that looks nice and pick the colors you want. Go to the seamstress in the commons.
Stitch the image of the colorful robe to the stats of the balance robe with good stats.
By doing this you will have a pretty robe with good stats for balance.

Delver
May 26, 2009
Yes, I agree with this. It costs so much to dye my clothes in the shopping district after already spending tons of money at the bazaar to buy them. :(

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Save some gold and head to the dye shop in the shopping district, There you can
Mix and mAtch the Colors to suit your outfit

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I'm not sure why KI chose to limit the colors you could buy them from the bazaar in but you can change the color at a shop in WC. Just change the color at the bazaar to the combination that is the cheapest and then go to the shop in the Shopping District and change it to the colors you want. It costs a bit more but it's no big deal.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Even in the dye shop, crafted gear is limited to School Only Colors. I wonder if the item you were looking at in the Bazaar was a crafted item. Crafters have asked for more color choices, but nothing has been changed yet.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I dont think you can sell crafting cloths at the bazaar but anyway, cloths have school only colors because notice when you get them, they arnt out of school colors. This is probably not to confuse people or just to make it simpler. Life is green, fire is red, myth is yellow/(blue?), death is black, ice is white, balance is (tan/purples???) and storm is purple/blue/yellow.

Those are the colors we assume, or at least i do, to be of a certain school. But, that also means that we spend money in the dye shop to change the colors, spending our in game money, sometimes buying in game money with out real money, and over all spending more time getting gold, which is over all usually more game play time.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I know that you CAN sell crafted gear at the Bazaar, because I've done it several times. However, I have not purchased any, and so I don't know if it gives you a color option when you buy it, as most other clothes do.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I have several wizards, all different schools. I have found that I like to pick specific colors for those individuals and stick with them. My death wiz was yellow/white. Balance is white/pink, and I can't remember what the others are. It's been a while since I've played with them. But yeah, the best option for some things is to have them stitched and/or dyed at the shop.