Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Are you supposed to get them as you lvl? Im a balance wizard and when i lvl i get a message to see the balance instructor. And those spells are free. But I don't seem to be getting points as i lvl. I'm lvl 11 right now.

Administrator
The answer is right in the Players Guide, young Wizard.

You will receive one training point every 4 levels till 20. This means you will receive them at level 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20. After level 20, you will receive one training point every 5 levels. You can also receive training points through certain quests. In order to learn higher level spells of a school, you have to first learn the lower level spells.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
thats the one thing i hate about the training spells-you hav to lern the spells that arent as good as the ones u r alredy up to date to

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Do i have to use points on spells that i already have in my starter deck? I'm lvl 12 now with 1 point. I'm a balance wizard and want to train life magic as my second school. The spell i could train is imp but i already have it.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Castagere wrote:
Do i have to use points on spells that i already have in my starter deck? I'm lvl 12 now with 1 point. I'm a balance wizard and want to train life magic as my second school. The spell i could train is imp but i already have it.

You must get the imp spell from an item (wand?), so you don't know it, you just have a magic item that allows you to cast it.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I would strongly encourage you to read about all of the new spells that were released with Celestia before you spend any of your training points. Currently the only way to retrain is to buy back the training points you have used with crowns.

Once you are a higher level and have a high power pip chance, any attacks made outside of your school will waste all of those precious power pips. Also, the same goes for heals. I have had no problem going solo with my balance wizard using just the fairy spell from Unicorn Way and helping hands (balance heal spell).

You have the option of learning polymorph spells once you reach Celestia that will give you numerous attack options and even one to heal (Treant). I chose to learn ice to tower shield on my balance wizard as it's the only shield that blocks balance school spells. While you can get gear with balance resistance, when you are facing multiple balance foes, a tower shield can make a huge difference between winning and losing.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
MikeStrath wrote:
Castagere wrote:

You must get the imp spell from an item (wand?), so you don't know it, you just have a magic item that allows you to cast it.

Thats it, thank you for the reply. I have alot to learn.