Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why does evryone think balance is to powerful

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
i read the forum and this is what i see balance is way to strong they always beat me in pvp ki ban judgment from pvp its unfair its so unfair that they have so many buffs its so stupid. though its true that we are good and even great at pvp soloing the game is close to impossible yes we have alot of buffs but thats pretty much all we have judgment is very strong but its are best spell so if you think sorcery is unfair than you try leveling one and so how "easy" it is

alexandrasandstrider lvl 12 sorcerer

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I am playing my first character in the game and I chose balance. I have soloed most of the game and about the only times I have quested with other people is in the few dungeons that were just too hard to do on my own. I'm level 50 now and in the last third of the DS quests and I can solo just about everything. With the right pets, secondary schools and deck setup, its fairly easy.

I soloed Kensington park at either level 48 or 49.

I soloed Helgrind Warren quite a while ago. I don't think I was even level 40 yet.

I plan on trying to solo Hall of Valor and Winterdeep Warren soon as well, just to see if I can.

As balance, no other school has a counter to your spells, with the exception of Hydra and Spectral Blast. This means you can go anywhere and can dominate any monster.

The only monsters you have to worry about are balance monsters. When you encounter them, just take out Judgement and put in Hydra and/or Spectral Blast. They may throw up an elemental shield or two but those won't keep them alive for long.

Everything listed above is without taking treasure cards into account. I haven't yet found a need for them when battling monsters and I haven't done too much PVP yet. Just throw in some high powered spells along with Elemental and Spirit Blades and Traps and nothing can stand in your way.

Now I haven't tried any of the other schools yet to know how they compare but I do plan on trying to solo at least five of the other schools. I'll just ahve to see how far I can get.

So is balance overpowered? I don't know, but I do know that balance is powerful enough to solo most if not all of the game.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Balance isn't strong at all. I am not sure what you're referring to.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Did you know.......

There is an unbalance now? Thats a dispel card for balance.......

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
its not, lol, learn tower and weakness... they are almost the weakest school now imo.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
azbycxdwevf1 wrote:
I read the forum and this is what I see balance is way to strong they always beat me in pvp ki ban judgment from pvp its unfair its so unfair that they have so many buffs its so stupid. though its true that we are good and even great at pvp soloing the game is close to impossible yes we have alot of buffs but thats pretty much all we have judgment is very strong but its are best spell so if you think sorcery is unfair than you try leveling one and so how "easy" it is

alexandrasandstrider lvl 12 sorcerer

Aah.. PvP is a touchy subject. I'm going to try to not go on any sides with this..
Many people pick Balance for PvP because of the spell Judgement. The reason they want Judgement is because Balance tends to have the most boosts, being the one school in history that would've defeated them all and made peace.
One of the ways to avoid Judgement is by Steal Charm, a Myth spell. Another way is learning the Ice spell, Tower Shield. It blocks half your damage. When you are level 50, then you may learn Fortify, which blocks 15% of the damage.
You being Balance, you can use Weakness and Black Mantle to avoid these, too. Weakness dumbs down the Judgement by 25%. Let's say that your Judgement has full pips-14. You have a 25% weakness on you. In the end, it will hit 1312 damage.
Black mantle reduces your accuracy, causing more chance of fizzle by 45%. Now you'll have a 40% chance of using Judgement and not fizzling.
Does that make sense?
Also, there is a new spell Unbalance. Cast it on your opponent and wa-lah, they fizzle when they cast any balance spell!
I hope this helps :thumbsup:

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
ok im not saying bbalance is weak cuz its not its very powerful if you no wat ur doing. im trying to say dont complain cuz your not that powerful anyway