Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death brought to life & Ice heating it up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Well the dynamics of pvp has most definitely change and it has also flooded into my travels amongst the worlds as well (explanation later on).
Death
I will not complain about Death since I do have a necromancer myself but I will highlight some differences I have seen. Death is now one of the leading players in pvp along with ice and balance. They're not over powerful just that there's no true one way to beat them. Dot's are not counterable unless you're ice. Skeletal Dragon is reasonably strong with the right stats and set up for it which would make any wizard tremendously scared. Follow it up with wraith or plague you're dead and gone..dead and gone... Death wasn't even a pvp hazard along with ice in the pvp arena. Now they've been brought back to life and they're (we're) knocking all the other wizards dead.

Ice
Heating it up..just like death but it just has some serious defense that even my infamous defense breaker (myth) wizard cannot put a dent through...well that's only in 1v1 and 2v2 anything more I'm done. Since, I do not care much for ice :). I really don't know the behind the scenes look at it but the pattern is blade...bubble...spirit blade....amulet blade...which I have a problem with why is Ice the only class with an amulet blade???!!!!....treasure ice blade..treasure spirit blade...that's some serious stuff..but my myth loves blades...but everyone else I can only imagine how much of a problem it is for them.

Balance
Balance hasn't really changed at all lol..so there's nothing I can say about them.

Storm
Oh where oh where could my storm could be in 1v1 pvp..they have gone extinct..gone with the wind...they're non existed and the ones I do come across are easily shredded because of their poor health and conviction and shields.

Fire and myth
two peas in a pod....whatever happened to myth..storm...balance...and fire ruling the pvp..well myth and fire are having a tough time surviving the swarm of ice and death wizards and the ever so popular balance wizards. What i'll never understand is why does myth and fire seem to have the same health, but myth has lower pip percentage,higher accuracy,more mana and weaker attack.

Life. is whatever lol..you people can pick a bone with them cause I don't have much of an issue.

Can we bring back the reason of the classes...
Ice-defense maybe a global shield like rebirth just no heal..maybe raise everyone's defense by 15% like a universal fortify.
Death - funnel life back to attacks
Myth - master of minions please..death wizards have better minions and trust me I would know or maybe a global attack would be NICE FOR ONCE!!!
Fire- DOT's improvement.what they're known for
Balance - I would like to see some spirit attacks in this mix
Life - another attack would be nice..but a heal spell is cool as well.
Storm - can they please have some more health lol...idk what's storm specialty other than hitting high.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I totally lost interest in the game. You are right these two (ice and death) become so powerful that they rule the arena now a days. I have both, infact i have all with the ranks of commander and warlords in the 1500s, and 8 legendary . What really annoyed me was the fact that the arena becomes a game of luck, and not skill (a pet casting healing spell twice in a single round!, a dying opponent luckily casting a "critical" hit!). Arena gears become hopeless and pointless (gone the hundred of hours you spent getting one). I cancelled my other acccounts, moved on to another MMO, and the only reason am still here is just waiting for my other account that has one year subscription that's due to end soon. Good luck everyone.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
No offense but death is one of the worst in 1v1. i beat them even if im second in 1v1. all they do is deathblade, spiritblade, deathtrap, and dragon. one kid even used banshee.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
SantaIceBurg wrote:
No offense but death is one of the worst in 1v1. i beat them even if im second in 1v1. all they do is deathblade, spiritblade, deathtrap, and dragon. one kid even used banshee.
this proves two things 1) you've never rough a rank 1000 death and 2)you're posting outside your understanding of high end pvp.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
No offense too, but the way you described it, using banshee, obviously you havent really met a capable death wizard, and obviously you are an ice (based on your code name) which is nowadays, is expected to dominate the arena base on the basic traits that ice has advantage over everyone else.
A warlord against a warlord, the battle boils down to the basic traits of the wizard they are playing with, as i assume that they are both capable of and both experienced duelists.

I think have enough arena experience to talk about this subject.

Legendary warlords with ranks more than 1000s:
Morgrim lotusshield - storm
Morgrim lotuswraith - death
Morgrim lotusleaf - life
Morgrim lotusshard -ice
Morgrim lotushorn - myth
Morgrim lotusshield - second life
Morgrim lotusblade - balance
Mark lotusblade - balance

I have level 16 myth warlord and level 25 storm warlord.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Oh yeah, Morgrim LotusFlame - Legendary fire warlord.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
yukeelemental wrote:
Well the dynamics of pvp has most definitely change and it has also flooded into my travels amongst the worlds as well (explanation later on).
Death
I will not complain about Death since I do have a necromancer myself but I will highlight some differences I have seen. Death is now one of the leading players in pvp along with ice and balance. They're not over powerful just that there's no true one way to beat them.

Okay, first off, there is no true one way to beat any school, you have a plethora of spells to use. Everyone has a strategy all their own!

Dot's are not counterable unless you're ice.

And what, exactly makes you say that? Because Ice has a global resist? Arena Gear has a global resist. Fire and Storm Resist Ice, Myth and Life Resist Death and Balance Resists all! Oh wait, only ice has a counter to a DOT, um ok, so how is it ice is the only one that can counter a DOT?

Skeletal Dragon is reasonably strong with the right stats and set up for it which would make any wizard tremendously scared. Follow it up with wraith or plague you're dead and gone..dead and gone... Death wasn't even a pvp hazard along with ice in the pvp arena. Now they've been brought back to life and they're (we're) knocking all the other wizards dead.

Well, to tell the truth, the main reason for this, is because spells like poison, did not get the full bonus throughout the full attack until now. Spells and damage were setup wrong, this was an error and was fixed, not just for ice and death, but for all dot spells.

Ice
Heating it up..just like death but it just has some serious defense that even my infamous defense breaker (myth) wizard cannot put a dent through...well that's only in 1v1 and 2v2 anything more I'm done. Since, I do not care much for ice :-). I really don't know the behind the scenes look at it but the pattern is blade...bubble...spirit blade....amulet blade...which I have a problem with why is Ice the only class with an amulet blade???!!!!....treasure ice blade..treasure spirit blade...that's some serious stuff..but my myth loves blades...but everyone else I can only imagine how much of a problem it is for them.

Wow, that is a serious amount of blades in there! You mean to tell me, a good player can't kill someone before they get all those blades up? You mean to tell me, No other school gets Treasure Blades? Ok, just for kicks, Ice has 28% attack increase, Storm has what, 65%, Fire has what, 55%? Death has 55%? Ice has lowest attacks for rank 6 and 7th spells, except for Scarecrow which heals for 1/2, so if you add that up is 600 vs Ice Frost Giant of 475! So, you want to wine that Ice gets to Craft a Blade! Boo hoo for you, still have to take a round to cast it.

Oh, and, let's see, fire can steal blades, myth can earthquake and remove all blades, Storm and Leviathan can remove 2 blades. Yet, all I still hear is whine whine whine from you pvp players!

Balance
Balance hasn't really changed at all lol..so there's nothing I can say about them.

Storm
Oh where oh where could my storm could be in 1v1 pvp..they have gone extinct..gone with the wind...they're non existed and the ones I do come across are easily shredded because of their poor health and conviction and shields.

Storm is still deadly and Powerful, if you know how to play them! Storm has not, nor will not go anywhere!

Fire and myth
two peas in a pod....whatever happened to myth..storm...balance...and fire ruling the pvp..well myth and fire are having a tough time surviving the swarm of ice and death wizards and the ever so popular balance wizards. What i'll never understand is why does myth and fire seem to have the same health, but myth has lower pip percentage,higher accuracy,more mana and weaker attack.

Must I teach you everything? Ever hear of HeckHound? 130 per pip damage, plus boosts! Add it up, skeletal dragon and snow angel have nothing on this, and you can still put gargantuan on it! Earthquake w/Gargantuan, Stuns/Minions/Medusa w/Gargantuan, Froggy with Gargantuan. Myth is just as powerful if not more than before. Heck even if they shield myth is deadly!

Life. is whatever lol..you people can pick a bone with them cause I don't have much of an issue.

Can we bring back the reason of the classes...
Ice-defense maybe a global shield like rebirth just no heal..maybe raise everyone's defense by 15% like a universal fortify.
Death - funnel life back to attacks
Myth - master of minions please..death wizards have better minions and trust me I would know or maybe a global attack would be NICE FOR ONCE!!!
Fire- DOT's improvement.what they're known for
Balance - I would like to see some spirit attacks in this mix
Life - another attack would be nice..but a heal spell is cool as well.
Storm - can they please have some more health lol...idk what's storm specialty other than hitting high.

Not sure if you realize this, but every school is doing what they are meant to do!

Ice-Taunts after using Snow Angel
Death-Is entitled to some damage spells
Myth-Has 2 Global Attacks Put Gargantuan on them and use crafted gear!
Fire-Has Heck Hound, Dragon, Fire Elf, Link,& now Efreet! Very powerful!
Balance-Opinion
Life-maybe a DOT AOE! lol
Storm-I do hope they give storm more health, just a bit more!

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Dont forget about deadly minotaur.. does 1500 damage on critical with a deathblade .. and since you have to train myth up to minotaur to get it, you might as well spend the extra point and get earthquake.. Earthquake will solve the problems that death has beating ice..

Overall in 1v1, i have found that fire, death and myth are best 1v1

.. and any death that doesnt use empower is crazy.. best spell by a long shot

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
travisAk wrote:
SantaIceBurg wrote:
this proves two things 1) you've never rough a rank 1000 death and 2)you're posting outside your understanding of high end pvp.

Wow kid. I doubt your rank in PVP is over 1000. I've played Commanders and Warlords to say that Death will do anything it can to win in a 1v1. Ice Dispels, Fire Dispels, anything they can. In 4v4 of course their pretty well rounded with Beguile and Crow. But I must say I have seen more Death Warlords losing, in other words Death is just losing. I may say that I feel bad for Death. Their new spell isn't anything compared to Efreet or Leviathan. Death deserves more and hopefully they'll get it on their next spell.

In other words this is another account, my other account was a Death. So I'd know PVP if it hit me in the eye and kidnapped my parents! I know Death isn't that strong but in 1v1 they aren't good, even Warlords! No hard feelings for Death.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
um no fire is dominating in pvp. it wasnt before but NOW it is