Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gardening might be too much don't you think

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
as the name says gardening might be too much to handle even though i like gardening and am a rank 8 i think gardening is just gonna have to go 1 for people who like gardening but don't get to play often their plants are wilted/dead when they come back on i recently had to go for a trip and i didn't get to go on wizard101 for about 5 days so guess what happened when i came back on all my plants were dead i had to wait for a couple hours so i could bring each and every one back to life and even get rid of some of them and 2 if they just try and change it so that the plants only grow if we are online then gardening would be way too slow so there you go gardening is just gonna have to go please respond nicely cause i've recently seen people being a little rude on the message boards

Joseph Thunderblade Level 60 Legendary Storm Diviner And Intermediate/Rank 5 Gardener

Joseph Fireflame Level 44 Master Fire Pyromancer And Adept/Rank 8 Gardener

Joseph Legendblood Level 10 Initiate Myth Conjurer And Not in Gardening Yet lol

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Gardening isn't required. If you can't actively keep watch over your plants, don't garden. Easy, yes?

And Gardening doesn't HAVE to go. My Wizard, Marcus Drake, is loving Gardening. And lots of other people love Gardening, too. It's a good way to get money, get reagents without effort, and get Treasure Cards that can save your life! It did for me, several times!

Please don't speak for all of us by saying that Gardening HAS to go. Gardening just isn't for you, apparently. That's a lesson learned, so just move on.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Gardening isn't required. If you can't actively keep watch over your plants, don't garden. Easy, yes?

And Gardening doesn't HAVE to go. My Wizard, Marcus Drake, is loving Gardening. And lots of other people love Gardening, too. It's a good way to get money, get reagents without effort, and get Treasure Cards that can save your life! It did for me, several times!

Please don't speak for all of us by saying that Gardening HAS to go. Gardening just isn't for you, apparently. That's a lesson learned, so just move on.
i wasn't speaking for all of us i was just sharing my opinion i think gardening might have to go and i like gardening i don't want to give it up but i might have to cause that trip really set my gardening back and now i only have six plants and it won't be easy for me to give up gardening cause i really like it please understand i didn't mean to say it like that i just think gardening might be too much for wizard101

Hero
May 27, 2009
Please don't make blanket statements for the game as a whole, when you just mean to describe your own frustration.

Fine, gardening may have to go FOR YOU, if you are unable to log in often enough to take care of plants. That is a choice each player will need to make based on how Gardening works. Here are a few ideas:

1. DON'T use Garden Gnomes. Adding what plants "like" makes them grow faster. Grow your plants without their "likes" to keep their progress manageable.

2. Plant Stinkweed in your garden to slow plant growth. If plants dislike something in the area, their growth rate will reflect that.

3. Stick with lower-level, easier to care for plants. You won't be so upset to find a wilting Dandelion as you were that Fiery Boomshroom. Sure, the rewards aren't as exciting, but it's less stressful.

I have gardens on wizards that I don't log into every day. Only one of those has had plants die, and that's because I made the mistake of planting higher level plants that she didn't have the pest-killing spell for. I've learned how to work with the Gardening system in a way that fits my play style and schedule. Good Luck with finding that balance.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2008
I love gardening but the spell prices are insane, especially the higher level ones. I just dug up some plants because the pest lvl 4 spell is 12500. Come on KI, reduce the prices a bit.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
yeah see satchel get's it the price thing is another reason for that too

Joseph Thunderblade Level 60 Legendary Storm Diviner
Joseph Fireflame Level 46 Master Fire Pyromancer
Joseph Legendblood Level 13 Initiate Myth Conjurer
Joseph Deathwalker Level 5 Apprentice Death Necromancer
Joseph Spiritleaf Level 2 Novice Life Theurgist
Samantha Lifecaster[ my sister's character ] Level 3 Novice Life Theurgist

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
Gardening is extremely fun and easy. i love it. the trick is to position all the same types of plants in one circular area that you can hit them all with the 15 energy spell. i can manage 35 plants in one area using only 35 energy twice a day. from what i've seen, people have problems because their garden isn't set up correctly to reduce energy consumption. those big 15 energy spells affect a large area...use the whole area !! you have to group those plants into 7 pots, 5 groups. 35 pots in one area. don't have your plants scattered everywhere, you'll never be able to keep up with them.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Gardening is extremely fun in my opinion and will never get old
just because you dont find it entertaining because you have "trips" then dont play it
other people like to though

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
heres a tip.
dont plant a garden so freaking huge! i see ppl with gardens with almost 50 plants! and they always complain about energy. my garden is only filled with 4 plants and i have never had a problem. and i'm lvl 8 in gardening, who cares if i lvl slower in gardening from my small garden it WORKS better than those who get cocky and plants a billion things