Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My questions about Wizard 101 2-5-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Hi I have a couple questions about the game. 1. I have heard of cheating bosses but I don't I don't know what that means. 2. I have heard about farming I know what it is but what is the best thing you could get? 3. I heard in a thread that the Crystal Grove is a side area. Is that true?
That's all for now. Thx for listening! :) P.S. I will be back with more questions later. :?
Ethan Iceblood lvl. 43 life wizard

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Your first question is that some bosses such as in BriskBreeze Tower (a dungeon for level 50+) or in Warehouse (a dungeon for level 48+). They changed Celestia but it shouldn't matter to you since your in DragonSpyre. Cheating bosses can you 7 pip spells when they have 1 pip. For example, in BriskBreeze, the last boss will cheat. He can use Meteor Strike and it can do 700 without blades or traps or anything. In Warehouse, they will use StormLord, and many other spells that don't have enough pips. For more information on cheating bosses check on Wizard101Central, or other fansites and guides. Your second question, is nothing. It everyone's opinion, some may say the best drop from a boss is Storm Hound, others may say it is gear. Imo, Storm Hound is a really rare drop, dropped by Malistaire, you can buy it, but it will cost real money to buy crowns. Easy pet drops are in Grizzleheim, easy gear is in DragonSpyre, it's everywhere. Lots of gear here and there. So there is no really best drop, it's opinion. Your final question is, no. Crystal Grove is required for you to move farther in the storyline.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
oriole01 wrote:
Hi I have a couple questions about the game. 1. I have heard of cheating bosses but I don't I don't know what that means. 2. I have heard about farming I know what it is but what is the best thing you could get? 3. I heard in a thread that the Crystal Grove is a side area. Is that true?
That's all for now. Thx for listening! :) P.S. I will be back with more questions later. :?
Ethan Iceblood lvl. 43 life wizard

Cheating Bosses = Harder to Beat Booses Uses healing and tricks to beat you...Also you have to figure out what tricks you need to do to beat them.

Farming = People Farm Bosses Because there are slim chances of getting Rare things.... Some People Collect Pets....Ect The Harder The Boss The Better The Loot....

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
Some bosses do what is known as "Cheating". These bosses, with a specific trigger such as healing or high damage, will cast a spell immediately to counter the spell. One example is Selwyn Skywatcher in the Stellarium. When you attack him with a spell, he usually gets a blade of the opposite class. And if he gets damaged with the same school two times in a row, he will use the six pip spell of the opposite school. This is in addition to his normal turn.

Example: I cast Wraith on Selwyn. Selwyn gets a lifeblade. Selwyn uses a natural attack. I use ghoul on selwyn. Selwyn has 3 pips, but casts A centaur which uses the lifeblade. I die.