Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuns...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ever since the beginning when I started shortly after beta, I wondered what exactly stuns did. I see them being cast by players, yet the mobs continue their turns and continue casting as if nothing ever happened.

So I wonder, and hope to find out today, after all this time. Keep in mind, I do not PvP.

What exactly do stuns do?

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
i agree...if you even cast a storm lord and * SOMETIMES * the stuns DO NOT work... its actully a worth less spell

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
twilightwma wrote:
i agree...if you even cast a storm lord and * SOMETIMES * the stuns DO NOT work... its actully a worth less spell

Storm Lord is not a useless spell

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
twilightwma wrote:
Twilight, he was not saying that they don't work. He was asking what they did.

Anyway, Stuns normally cause a player/monster to lose its next turn. So if the stunner uses stun on an enemy, and it works, it will force the enemy to pass. No matter what it was going to do. However, stuns do NOT work on creatures classified as Elite or Boss. Also stunning a monster, whether it works or not, puts up 4 stun shields. These will absorb the next stun cast on that creature.

Stuns can be quite helpful. Fighting the jade oni on my ice, my death friend used beguile on him, then i stunned. The next turn we saw that he was going to cast sprite on himself. But, the stun forced him to pass.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Stuns have shortened MANY fights for me.

After learning WHICH mobs they work on ... sorry twilight, ,,, ;) I can't tell you how many HUNDREDS of mobs have died carrying 3 or more pips to their graves because I was able to stun them for one round - getting that extra pip I needed to finish them off BEFORE they could get off that 200-400 point spell against my health.

Stuns are ideal for 2 pip "farming" too.

Stun. Ice Snake. Repeat.

Seven out of ten fights end with no damage taken. Saves tons of time normally spent chasing down red balls.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yes. Having learned more about stuns, seeing Storm Lord, Frost Lord, and Medusa in action, I suppose it works like it should.

On those days where it did not seem to affect anything, the stun must have been used on an elite or boss. Although, as horribly hard bosses tend to be in Celestia, I don't see why they should not work.

Thanks guys for all your input and your help.

/bow.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
I agree, although my opinion is that stun should work on bosses. Bosses in late game are throwing storm lords and frost giants at us like they are nothing. And in the end, WE do get stunned. So why can't we stun them? It does take a lot away from the storm lord when you are trying to gain an extra turn against a boss in celestia.