Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cronws or Subscription?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
Hello guys, I had a question regarding the game, I am overwhelmingly surprised at this game and am loving it, So much so that I would like to take either the first or second option from the Subject, but I have 2 questions, if I take the sub I don't have the selection of the items purchasable with crowns only, I know that if I buy the crowns, I will have selection to those items and be able to access the 50 via crown payment? So wouldn't it be better to just buy crown than to get sub? I really don't care for pvp, could someone please help me out with some input, Thanks in advance!

Administrator
It really depends on the type of player that you are.

If you're only going to play a couple hours a week, or want to stop playing for extended periods, the Access Passes are probably best for you. You'll progress at your own pace and only pay for the streets you need. Once you've purchased a street, you can access that street forever, on all the characters on that account.

If you plan on playing a lot more than a couple hours a week, than a subscription may be more what you need.

You can look at the different options side by side, by clicking the BUY button on the Wizard101 launcher, or by clicking here.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you have a subscription and want to buy crown gear, you still can.

One easy proxy as to which payment method would be cheaper for you is to ask how long it takes before you want to try more content than is available in the free areas. If it takes you less than two weeks, a subscription is probably cheaper. If significantly longer than that, go with crowns.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Don't be so quick to discard the idea of PVP. I am not typically a PVP player and have never found enjoyment over defeating other players. However, the idea that we can earn special equipment through PVP intrigues me and I'm willing to give it a shot. :)

Administrator
anibalstar wrote:
if I take the sub I don't have the selection of the items purchasable with crowns only,

All players can purchase the Crowns items. You can even purchase the items sold by Zeke with gold in the regular shops.

But whether you buy Access Passes with Crowns or a Subscription, you will need to buy Crowns for the Crowns items.
Make sense?

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
anibalstar wrote:
if I take the sub I don't have the selection of the items purchasable with crowns only,

All players can purchase the Crowns items. You can even purchase the items sold by Zeke with gold in the regular shops.

But whether you buy Access Passes with Crowns or a Subscription, you will need to buy Crowns for the Crowns items.
Make sense?

just sub i mean it is better you can go to any place