Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New player needs help please.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Hello everyone. I just need a little help about my spell deck. I started out with the starter deck and now have the pinewood deck. Do i need to remove all the spells from the starter deck to get them to work on the pinewood? I had just copied them over to it but i never have a choice to use them. I know about pips. Should i just have 1 copy of each spell in my deck? I sometimes have more than one. Is they a guide for setting decks up?
Thank you.

Delver
May 26, 2009
You do not need to remove the spells from your starter deck to get them to work in your pinewood deck. It might be useful to put different cards in both decks and equip one according to the monster you will be fighting.

Having more than one copy of a spell is more useful when you are fighting multiple monsters or high health monsters, though it is perfectly fine otherwise. You don't want to fill up your deck with too many cards, however, because you will have a smaller chance of actually getting the card you want.

Hope this helps!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
First you should remove your Treasure Cards from your old deck.

Then in order to use your new deck, you must "equip" it, just like you do to put on a new hat, or robe, etc.

Open your backpack and select the tab at the top, on the right, for the decks. Highlight / click on your new deck, and then click on the "hand" icon at the bottom of your screen.

You should now be able to put spells in your new deck and use them. To fill your deck, click on the tab that looks like a deck on the right hand column in your backpack. It will show you the empty deck.

There is no guide for "setting up" your deck. I usually put the higher pip spells and blades or traps, etc. in first, then work my way down to the lower pip spells. And don't forget to add your treasure cards to your new deck too.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Castagere wrote:
Hello everyone. I just need a little help about my spell deck. I started out with the starter deck and now have the pinewood deck. Do i need to remove all the spells from the starter deck to get them to work on the pinewood? I had just copied them over to it but i never have a choice to use them. I know about pips. Should i just have 1 copy of each spell in my deck? I sometimes have more than one. Is they a guide for setting decks up?
Thank you.

Hi Castagere,

Yours is a good question. I didn't understand the multi-deck possibility until late in the game my 2nd wizard through.

No, you do not have to empty the old deck before you stock the new one. In fact, the number count for each spell resets for every deck, so that you could have several decks configured for different purposes, but which contain many of the same spells.

For example, my theurgist has 3 decks: 1 for group battle, 1 for solo questing, and one for PvP. All of Iridian's decks are stocked with spells in configurations to optimize her performance in varied situations.

Make sense?

Happy Wizarding,

Iridian, Scarlet, Moira, Alexandria, Rowan