Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Remove Doom & Gloom from Death Minion

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I agree that Doom & Gloom should be removed. Everytime I have used the death minions that cast that spell, I DIE!!!!!!!! and I don't have the time to wait for the right number of pips for a good minion that does not cast it. If I wait, I STILL DIE!!!!!!!!!! Doom & Gloom should never have been added to a minion deck. Let the wizard choose whether he or she wants to use that spell. I don't care if there are 14 minions, but just having one good one would be enough. So why waste pips trying to get one when all those pips can be used to fight? My death wizard has not been running for a long time because of this. I do a lot of solo and not going to waste my time with a useless minion.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
All I have to say to you is once again- learn to use your minions! Use the right minion- AGAIN- because you have 8 that do not cast doom and gloom.
The word Noob is someone unwilling to learn! I see a lot of "noobness" going on, and I don't even like that word.. Anyone coming to the message boards complaining to a particular spell that is UNWILLING to use it correctly is considered a whiner. I think it's funny actually! This whole post just proves that when someone doesn't like a certain spell, instead of learning to use it correctly they just come to the message boards and complain that they want it removed. It's hilarious too see not one person using the right minion.. Yes, it is complaining on your part Frestha or whatever your name is. You can use the right minion and avoid all the frustration, but you choose to complain about it instead of using the correct one. Again- you all have the best minion and the game, and you are complaining about doom and gloom. I am sure none of you play pvp much, because I dare you to fight a legendary life who keeps casting Sanctuary and keeps healing- guess what? Without your minion YOU DIE- to a life wizard. KI can change all your minions, I could care less- but I will keep my minions with doom and gloom because it is themost helpful spell our death minion has to offer. I suggest once again that if you don't like it- change schools! OR USE THE RIGHT MINION. UGH!! IMPOSSIBLE.. lol- some people are unwilling to learn and would rather complain- HAVE FUN :)-

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
I agree that Doom & Gloom should be removed. Everytime I have used the death minions that cast that spell, I DIE!!!!!!!! and I don't have the time to wait for the right number of pips for a good minion that does not cast it. If I wait, I STILL DIE!!!!!!!!!! Doom & Gloom should never have been added to a minion deck. Let the wizard choose whether he or she wants to use that spell. I don't care if there are 14 minions, but just having one good one would be enough. So why waste pips trying to get one when all those pips can be used to fight? My death wizard has not been running for a long time because of this. I do a lot of solo and not going to waste my time with a useless minion.

pips 1-6 pips minion will not cast doom & gloom
pips 7-12 minion does cast doom & gloom
pips 13 & 14 minion does not cast doom & gloom

In battle you have early options of casting a minon that will not use D&G. It seems the minions who cast are all in the middle- so maybe this will help. I would be fine with 2 or 3 minions casting it- but taking this spell away isn't okay for everyone, because there are alot of us who appreciate it- esp in pvp for the legendary wizards! Those life wizards are brutal casting Sanctuary and healing every other hand. My minon casting D&G has saved me and my friends many times against spamming Sanctuary Life wizards.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
i dont know that much about how much the minions use doom & gloom but i think that the spell itself is pretty useless. i never put it in my deck or use it. i think that they need to change the spell alltogether to something more useful. i also think that the death minions are also pretty useless. i never use them either. waste of my perfectly good pips if you ask me. the lower level ones get killed to fast and the higher level ones dont throw anything but low level spells so they are pretty much also useless. the only help that they provide is a small amount of attention shifted from you to them until they get killed which usually doesnt take very long. so all in all it is my opinion that those are two of the most useless death spells that there are. i also dont think much of the new level 58 death spell i may use it occasionly but i think that i will just stick to my wraith and my scarecrow because that is where the power and the damage really is. but that is just my humble opinion from Rowan RavenSong level 58 necromancer.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Last comment for this post-

Freshta or whatever the name is again- Being arrogant and having knowledge are 2 different things.

I am sick of people not liking a spell and EXPECTING it to be changed because they don't want to dedicate the time in LEARNING- and that is where you are at. You are complaining about a certain spell and it's function when you can use the RIGHT MINION. Instead you will waste countless hours in this message board complaining about it instead of finding out which one you should be using. Best minion in the game is being chopped up by people who are too lazy to learn it. What about all of us who have actually took the time to learn our minions?? shame on us for learning right?? Wrong-
It is simple: LEARN YOUR MINIONS!! I'm done talking on this post because it will be the same people complaining and not one of you WANTING to learn.. You expect something to be changed when most the people don't have a problem with it.

So have fun not using the best minion of the game.. You got 14 and complain about the 6 who cast a useful spell. WOW o Double WOW-

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Don't remove it from the deck but definately the ones that can cast it should have them only cast it when needed. I have had minions that can cast it cast Doom and gloom 4 times in a row with noone ever changing the global to another type. 1 spell that is 3 pips and my pet cast it 4 times using 12 pips to do what 1 doom and gloom already did. Worthless.

I suggest instead of removing it fix the minion AI to know what global is on and not cast a card of that type again until it gets replaced.

I don't agree with the removal because this is a very functional death spell that has merits since you have other ways of healing E.G. attacking. I do agree that those minions that cast it cast it WAY to often which is exactly why I rarely use my minon spell.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Freshta or whatever the name is again- Being arrogant and having knowledge are 2 different things.

Indeed. They are not mutally exclusive, either. You have knowledge. You are also very arrogant. The way you talk down to everyone who disagrees with you is ample evidence of that.

I am sick of people not liking a spell and EXPECTING it to be changed because they don't want to dedicate the time in LEARNING- and that is where you are at.

No, that is NOT where I am at. If you had taken the time to actually read my post, you will see that I know exactly which minions use Gloom and Doom. I use those minions, when I use any minions at all.

But unfortunately, as I am leveling higher and needing more powerful minions to assist me, the minions with higher health and better DEATH spells are useless to me because they ALL use D&G. Some of them, that would be fine. But why so many of the moderate health minions? Why more than half of all the minions? Why can't the G&D appear in even or odd-pipped minions, instead of every single one between 7-12?

That is all that I'm asking.

You are complaining about a certain spell and it's function when you can use the RIGHT MINION. Instead you will waste countless hours in this message board complaining about it instead of finding out which one you should be using. Best minion in the game is being chopped up by people who are too lazy to learn it. What about all of us who have actually took the time to learn our minions?? shame on us for learning right?? Wrong-
It is simple: LEARN YOUR MINIONS!!

I HAVE learned them. Again, READ MY ENTIRE POST and apply the reading comprehension skills you should have picked up in grade school.

The question I've asked, the complaint I've made, is that too many of the Death minions carry this niche spell in their deck. Yes, I KNOW which ones have it. Yes, I avoid those. Okay? You got that?

But WHY do SO MANY death minions need that spell? Why must I have the option to use only six-pips or less? Practically speaking, waiting for minions that use 13-14 pips isn't feasible because I'll take far too much damage just getting that many pips. So, I'm reduced to lower level minions unless I want to pay the price of being unable to heal using sacrifice, or to heal my team mates. (*Hint: I've just indicated yet again, right here, that I know which minions carry G&D. Are you paying attention yet?*)

That is the question and the complaint that I'm making. You don't agree with me. I get that. But I'm not stupid, ignorant, or a "complainer" if I happen to think that too many of the death minions are spamming G&D rather than using other, more useful spells.

I'm done talking on this post because it will be the same people complaining and not one of you WANTING to learn.. You expect something to be changed when most the people don't have a problem with it.

You're done with me because you're too busy talking down to me to even hear what I've said. You are so busy insisting that you know your minions---good for you!---that you repeatedly fail to realize I know them just as well. I've indicated that several times now. Yet you just spew the same "learn-your-minions" BS over and over, like a mindless parrot. You are so busy repeating yourself, that you are completely missing the point in all of my posts.

I don't agree with you about the usefulness of that particular spell being in so many of the middle-range minions. That is the part that you are apparently too dense to get. Until you do, then we are both just wasting our time.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
All we are asking is to remove D&G from the minions. If our wizards want that spell used, then we can cast it ourselves.

Why do these minions even have that spell. To my knowledge, no other school minon casts a bubble for their school, so why this one?

And I have had a minon at 6 pips cast D&G also. It may have been a bug at the time but it still cast the spell.

So, KI, PLEASE reconsider the use of D&G on death minions.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Freshta wrote:

Indeed. They are not mutally exclusive, either. You have knowledge. You are also very arrogant. The way you talk down to everyone who disagrees with you is ample evidence of that.

I am sick of people not liking a spell and EXPECTING it to be changed because they don't want to dedicate the time in LEARNING- and that is where you are at.

No, that is NOT where I am at. If you had taken the time to actually read my post, you will see that I know exactly which minions use Gloom and Doom. I use those minions, when I use any minions at all.

But unfortunately, as I am leveling higher and needing more powerful minions to assist me, the minions with higher health and better DEATH spells are useless to me because they ALL use D&G. Some of them, that would be fine. But why so many of the moderate health minions? Why more than half of all the minions? Why can't the G&D appear in even or odd-pipped minions, instead of every single one between 7-12?

That is all that I'm asking.

You are complaining about a certain spell and it's function when you can use the RIGHT MINION. Instead you will waste countless hours in this message board complaining about it instead of finding out which one you should be using. Best minion in the game is being chopped up by people who are too lazy to learn it. What about all of us who have actually took the time to learn our minions?? shame on us for learning right?? Wrong-
It is simple: LEARN YOUR MINIONS!!

I HAVE learned them. Again, READ MY ENTIRE POST and apply the reading comprehension skills you should have picked up in grade school.

The question I've asked, the complaint I've made, is that too many of the Death minions carry this niche spell in their deck. Yes, I KNOW which ones have it. Yes, I avoid those. Okay? You got that?

But WHY do SO MANY death minions need that spell? Why must I have the option to use only six-pips or less? Practically speaking, waiting for minions that use 13-14 pips isn't feasible because I'll take far too much damage just getting that many pips. So, I'm reduced to lower level minions unless I want to pay the price of being unable to heal using sacrifice, or to heal my team mates. (*Hint: I've just indicated yet again, right here, that I know which minions carry G&D. Are you paying attention yet?*)

That is the question and the complaint that I'm making. You don't agree with me. I get that. But I'm not stupid, ignorant, or a "complainer" if I happen to think that too many of the death minions are spamming G&D rather than using other, more useful spells.

I'm done talking on this post because it will be the same people complaining and not one of you WANTING to learn.. You expect something to be changed when most the people don't have a problem with it.

You're done with me because you're too busy talking down to me to even hear what I've said. You are so busy insisting that you know your minions---good for you!---that you repeatedly fail to realize I know them just as well. I've indicated that several times now. Yet you just spew the same "learn-your-minions" BS over and over, like a mindless parrot. You are so busy repeating yourself, that you are completely missing the point in all of my posts.

I don't agree with you about the usefulness of that particular spell being in so many of the middle-range minions. That is the part that you are apparently too dense to get. Until you do, then we are both just wasting our time.

I have to agree with you Freshta. I don't even load death minion so that I don't even cast it by accident. Especially if I do have more pips than I care to waste for this minion, nor do I load D&G. That spell does more harm than good. And by the time I had enough Pips for a higher minon, I can do more damage and more than likely defeat the enemy. So why waste pips?

WHY does death even NEED 14 minons. Just give us 1 good one without D&G and I would be perfectly satisfied. I dislike this minion as much as the Spectral minon. ( But that is another issue)

We are not idiots. We have taken the time to learn the minions. I would not consider posting or replying to a forum that I did not know what I was talking about.

Fallon WinterShade

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Please remove doom and gloom from the death minions!