Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arena Matching System...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
The arena matching system in Wizard101 is currently faulty; this is shown in the two following points...

1) People constantly de-rank to private then re-rank up to gain Tickets AND they can get Warlord back relatively easy with their level 60 Private facing level 18 Warlord...

2) Frustrates low level players and make PvP a "top-heavy" event where it's advantageous to be level 60 PvP'ing.

The reason for these two problems is the "ranking reward" system where it's bases solely on the rank of the fighters. A level 60 private had nothing to lose vs a level 18 Warlord because even if the level 60 private hires a monkey to randomly click on spell cards, he will win at least 1/4 matches against Top Tier level 18 Warlords. Guess what? That 1/4 win will get him 30 points whereas his 3/4 loss will lose him 3 points; thus really tips the scale in his favor even if his PvP skills are non-existent.

Logically speaking... If a level 60 Private is matched with a level 18 Warlord, the assumption is that the level 18 Warlord with superior skill is an "even" match for the Private with great leveler. Now even if this is TRUE, the system still fails. Because this "even" match have "uneven" rewarding system for the two seemingly "even" fighters.

Simple fix: Make ranking increase/decrease fixed like Tickets are. If my level 18 Warlord beat your level 40 private, be ready to lose 10-20 points; similarly if my level 18 Warlord is bested then I will lose the 10-20 points. Eventually my level and rank will reach a point will I will be fighting people my overall PvP level (so I win 50% of the time) and my ranking will remain unchanged (due to winning 50% of the time)... Thus achieving the "true rank" of my Character.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010