Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary School questions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I'm pretty much new to this whole forum thing so bare with me please.

I'm a magus necromancer around level 31 and I've soloed throught the game without any trouble until the later worlds after krokotopia. I can still go by some of the missions given without trouble exept for the fact that i only have vampire and skeleton pirate to fight back with and I have many blades and shields just not much battle spells.

I think I need a secondary school and I'm leaning toward Storm because of the power, considering the accuracy.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

-Angel, oh and I have 10 training points to spare

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's not a good idea to use schools for power spells, because you can't use your power pips as 2 single pips.

You have Feint. Use it. You have Death Trap, Deathblade, and Curse. You also have Ghoul to deal damage and receive health. You might consider getting the Spirit Blade from Niles as well.

One Feint coupled with one Deathblade will more than double the damage of your Skeletal Pirate.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Get storm cuz storm is the most powerful school and it is very easy to learn, besides storm fizzles alot and you can always learn more spells and get plenty of damage spells.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
I would not get storm. As mentioned before, go get the spirit blades from Niles in KT. Death school has feint, that card alone almost doubles your damage. And as mentioned you will not be able to use your power pips for storm and death has high power pip percentage. So say you have 2 power pips and a normal pip, you can use pirate, or storm shark. With your gear, the pirate should be stronger than the shark by far, plus the fact that you can boost him better with blades and traps. Using your second school for power is never a good idea and you will find out even more in the later game when you get your higher level cards. Your training points are better spent getting the extra blade and trap from niles and maybe tower shield from ice :) other than that it is ultimately up to you but just a warning that storm will not help you hit much more :)

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Get life because you can heal yourself and attack with high accuracy attacks.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
BTG22 wrote:
I'm pretty much new to this whole forum thing so bare with me please.

I'm a magus necromancer around level 31 and I've soloed throught the game without any trouble until the later worlds after krokotopia. I can still go by some of the missions given without trouble exept for the fact that i only have vampire and skeleton pirate to fight back with and I have many blades and shields just not much battle spells.

I think I need a secondary school and I'm leaning toward Storm because of the power, considering the accuracy.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

-Angel, oh and I have 10 training points to spare

Vampire, spirit blade, death blade, death trap....pretty much a one shot kill until the end of Moo Shu (add feint for bosses). You want more? It probably means your deck is too large and cumbersome. Further spells from secondaries would slow it down even more.

My Moo Shu Deck
4 Vampire
3 Death Blades
3 Spirit Blades
3 Death Traps
2 heals (emergency)
5 wand spells (usu life)

vs Bosses add 2-3 feint
vs death add 5 prisms

Usually, with good equipment"
1) Blade
2) Trap
3) Vampire.....minion gone
4) Blade
5) Trap
6) Spirit Blade
7) Feint
8) Vampire....boss gone

You should have spent 10 mana and recovered all health at the end of the battle.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I would go with Life School, because you can heal yourself and others. The accuracy is pretty high as well, though the damage is somewhat lacking.
-Scarlet SilverWeaver
Grandmaster Theurgist
lvl.54

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I think balance is a good choice because it has a mix of attacks, hexes, and shields.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I think you should save the trains for Sun and Star school spells. Death is the perfect balance between offense and defense and secondary spells, while on the surface may seem cool and necessary, will not be useful at higher levels.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I think you should wait until you are Legendary before you adopt a secondary school and here is why:

I waited on my death character because there was no point in getting a second school, Death can heal, death can kill and has power, death can do it all... Now, when I became Legendary, I got a Fire Mastery Amulet while I was getting my Legendary Gear!

Now, I decided to do 2 things:

I crafted my level 55 Death Fire Gear and I trained Fire...

Now, my death character is very impressive, because he can attack powerfully all enemies with 2 power pips... Meteor with Gargantuan and Crafted Gear, makes Death Strong and accurate in Fire... Helps to also have a pet that gives sharp shot too. I still have great Pips... I did keep my boots for resistance and critical block and my pet gives resistance...

Just food for thought...

What would you do, if you got a Myth Amulet, or Ice Amulet, or a Fire Amulet?

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I am a legendary fire wizard and bitterly regret spending my first training points on storm. Don't do it. Later in the game you will never use these spells, and you will want other spells. Concentrate training points on cards that will help you fight as a death student. These spells usually cost zero to one pips, although I would get reshuffle even thought it costs 4 pips (this allows you to discard in order to get the cards you want without worrying about running out of cards). My next wizards will try to follow this advice (I trained some before realizing I shouldn't)