Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2010
My fellow wizards and Wizard101 I think the time has come to discuss an issue that has bothered me for some time now regarding the Taunt Spell. Any of my fellow Ice wizards would most likely agree this spell has no use to us. Taunt has no effect in PVP battles on live players and its never used while doing quest while playing solo. The only time that Taunt can be used to our abilities is in groups while questing and its not even useful then. It's time that taunt spells for Ice wizard start benefiting us by re-vamping the Taunt spells to effect live players.

When the taunt spell is cast on a wizard that wizards target for that round should be automatically changed to the person who casted the taunt. Thats what a taunt is suppose to do. It is suppose to change the target on an attacking wizard.

Ice wizards are defensive wizards and if your not gonna let us use our spells to defend then why have the spell for? Without the use of taunt on live players you might as well just get rid of the spell.

-Kane WinterFlame
Ice in Training

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Well before you demand KI revamp a spell, you have to understand Ice is supposed to be a protection school, taking large amounts of damage for those who have low amounts of health. This is why Thaumaturges have ridiculous amounts of health and are great in groups. You also have to realize the spell was created before PvP was intergrated into the game and obviously won't work against live players because the spell, as the card says, "generates threat on target" (the target has to be a monster and not a wizard); it doesn't "automatically change the target of the attacking wizard." Plus I think KI is done tweaking spells due to PvP whiners after the whole Wild Bolt incident. Although it might not be the most useful spell all the time (what spell is?), it is a useful spell. I haven't used Power Play since Dragonspyre because everyone has a large power pip percentage, but you don't hear me complaining.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I wouldn't call taunt useless, but I could get behind the idea of it working in PvP. Simply make it so that the target of the taunt must attack the caster with their next offensive spell or maybe making it affect them for X amount of rounds. Pacify should affect others as well.

I doubt both could be considered overpowered as they could be countered by using attack all spells, wanding, or just pounding on the ice mage.